IGNORED

What's become of Sean-Miller?

dbuck
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of Shorty's lasts posts was something like: "And I'm out, that's my last post. Bye." And he hasn't been on the site since. I guess I never considered death. Sean_miller, on the other hand, was last on the site a few weeks ago. No posts, of course. I forget his other username. Started with a "b" or a "d." Had some "i"s and "e"s in there. I'm sure that narrows it down.

Well then this thread should go a long way to stroke his ego. Did I mention that I thought he was a bit of a dick? :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by RayG

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Was it Norwegian Jarlsberg or Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?

WILL YOU STOP THAT BOUZOUKI MUSIC!

Well, obviously it was Venezuelan Beaver. Easily the most dangerous of all the world's cheeses. But don't worry, we don't have any in stock, so you can't buy any anyway. Very sorry.

Constantine

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm curious as hell as to what Sean's alter ego was. Was he nicer?

Originally Posted by jamo

I forget his other username. Started with a "b" or a "d." Had some "i"s and "e"s in there. I'm sure that narrows it down.

I remember it because at some point Erik (I presume) pinned him with a user title like "Actually Sean Miller."  He was not on very long, but I don't remember him being a jerk at all.  And I don't remember the name either.  B or D sounds familiar, and there were other letters in there as well. ;)  For some reason, I want to say (and I could be 1000% wrong here) the name or avatar had something to do with a car or a motorcycle or something.

One of Shorty's lasts posts was something like: "And I'm out, that's my last post. Bye." And he hasn't been on the site since. I guess I never considered death.

This piqued my interest, so I went hunting...

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I just saw a headline that JT is no longer associated with Shriners?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/2012/10/02/shriners-end-charity-golf-relationship-with-justin-timberlake/1609131/

Wow.  Those are some harsh words to say in public.

Says it all.

Makes me even more amazed that he was given the stage at the Ryder Cup Opening ceremony. Truly bizarre.

On a more positive note, what about that interview with Mike Labrie? What an inspirational young man. Quite amazing.

On that note - I'm officially over and out on TST. Thanks for having me.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62479/2012-justin-timerlake-shriners-open-discussion-thread#post_774813

Strange one to go out on.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Quote:

One of Shorty's lasts posts was something like: "And I'm out, that's my last post. Bye." And he hasn't been on the site since. I guess I never considered death.

This piqued my interest, so I went hunting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I just saw a headline that JT is no longer associated with Shriners?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/2012/10/02/shriners-end-charity-golf-relationship-with-justin-timberlake/1609131/

Wow.  Those are some harsh words to say in public.

Says it all.

Makes me even more amazed that he was given the stage at the Ryder Cup Opening ceremony. Truly bizarre.

On a more positive note, what about that interview with Mike Labrie? What an inspirational young man. Quite amazing.

On that note - I'm officially over and out on TST. Thanks for having me.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/62479/2012-justin-timerlake-shriners-open-discussion-thread#post_774813

Strange one to go out on.

I looked it up too but was to lazy to post it. I thought it was odd too but maybe it was a different thread where some one was telling him about how much of a jerk he is.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

This piqued my interest, so I went hunting... [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/62479/2012-justin-timerlake-shriners-open-discussion-thread#post_774813]http://thesandtrap.com/t/62479/2012-justin-timerlake-shriners-open-discussion-thread#post_774813[/URL] Strange one to go out on.

That's actually kind if cool. Riding off into the sunset.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I didn't really like shanksamillion, if he's the one I'm remembering. I think he struck me as some type of aspergers or OCD... Bigger guy, talked a lot of trash about his game despite his mediocre handicap. Claimed he w unable to physically straighten his left arm, I think...

Yup, that's him. I'm pretty sure he did say at one time he has Aspergers, and the left arm thing rings a bell. Rarely a dull moment with him. He badmouthed [URL=http://www.jamo.com]Jamo[/URL] brand speakers though, that *******.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by iacas

Sean changed usernames, then when he was caught (I gave him leeway since he wasn't exactly a newbie or trying to escape any sort of ban or punishment), said he didn't like the kind of poster he'd become so he quit.

Shorty just vanished. He could have died, who knows? That's the thing about the Internet. Personally I just picture him being too busy yelling at kids to get off his lawn or something.

I can relate. I have felt this way at one time with a different forum. People got so stupid with each other and I ended getting drawn into it. One day I was like, wtf am I doing and walked away.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Wow, I must apologize if my JT post was what ran Shorty off!?  Maybe he was a huge Nsync fan, and just couldn't fathom anyone throwing his boy band buddy JT out of the VIP room so he went and off'd himself?

(Shorty if you're reading this... Come back!)

Regarding Sean Miller... I remember thinking he had to be lame if he had that number of post, and didn't hold a title of Mod/etc.  Then I began to like him for his no holds bar attitude.  He seemed like a guy I could play a round of golf with and then enjoy a beer or two shooting the shit and laughing afterward?  And I really enjoyed how he would take his camera and play a hole.  I think that would be really cool to do sometime... Just film my entire round.  Shot for shot.  But I've never tried it.

The other user that I'm wondering what the hell happened to is Bunkerputt.  Where did he run off to?  He seemed like a pretty good user, and then just stopped posting.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I can relate. I have felt this way at one time with a different forum. People got so stupid with each other and I ended getting drawn into it. One day I was like, wtf am I doing and walked away.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave...

This song seems fitting for these lost users....

I haven't noticed any posts lately and miss his knowledgeable and sometimes crusty commentary.

Is Datsyuk still posting?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

No... he hasn't for a while either...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Howdy folks.

I haven't fallen off the perch and I am still a regular reader.

Last year I became ill and I am still recovering.

I am doing OK but have a fairly long way to go.

If you heard a muffled shout that sounded as if it had come all the way from Australia when Adam Scott made that put a little while back, that was me :-)

I do appreciate the well wishes and am happy to see that the site is doing so well and has attracted a lot of positive and enthusiastic new members.

I will return to the site when the terms "going forward" and "I personally" have been eradicated.

P.S. Iacas - if you're reading this....that's a helluva lefty swing you've got there!

• Upvote 5

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I personally would like to wish you good luck with your recovery going forward, mate!

And I know how much you love this guy, so I threw him in too.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

How about Shindig? I don't think I have seen him post much in awhile.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/67336/whats-become-of-sean-miller/0_100#post_849643"] Bingo! That's the one, Ernie. Good memory lihu![/quote] Interesting, I'll have to peruse his back catalogue and see if I can spot the similarities. Such a strange way to go out after all those years. I agree with Beach that I thought he was someone I'd enjoy playing a round and having some beers with. But then after a while he seemed to slowly go from caustic (which I don't mind) to smarmy (which I can't tolerate). Too bad, he was a great contributor up until that point and, as I said previously, one of the posters that drew me to the site.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Howdy folks. I haven't fallen off the perch and I am still a regular reader. Last year I became ill and I am still recovering. I am doing OK but have a fairly long way to go. If you heard a muffled shout that sounded as if it had come all the way from Australia when Adam Scott made that put a little while back, that was me :-) I do appreciate the well wishes and am happy to see that the site is doing so well and has attracted a lot of positive and enthusiastic new members. I will return to the site when the terms "going forward" and "I personally" have been eradicated. :-) P.S. Iacas - if you're reading this....that's a helluva lefty swing you've got there!

Hi Shorty, Hope you have a full and speedy recovery. Couldn't stand you at first but you grew on me and I have grown quite fond (in an anonymous, platonic, Internet kinda way) of your musings. Come on back, plenty of room in the jerk section (I'll move over and make some space), we need more jerks around here, especially ones that can spell. :-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!