• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbuck

What's become of Sean-Miller?

95 posts in this topic

I haven't noticed any posts lately and miss his knowledgeable and sometimes crusty commentary.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I've asked a couple times (in chat typically) but don't know.  Him and shanks-a-million were regulars in the distance threads, and I remember at first I couldn't tell them apart.  I also miss Shorty.

I miss Sean and Shanks, definitely do not miss Shorty. (But I do understand his appeal... )

Sean was one of my favorite posters when I first found this site but he seemed to become very caustic and bitter before vanishing. I even got into with him a few times over some pretty stupid misunderstandings. I doubt his leaving had anything to do with that though. He tousled with a couple other posters around that time. Shorty was one that really irritated me at first but ended up growing on me. Kind of weird that they both disappeared around the same time after contributing thousands and thousands of posts. Maybe we should mass PM them. Offer them a free MxV putter if they come back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sean Miller, Shorty and Shanks all died in a tragic cheese grating accident.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Sean was one of my favorite posters when I first found this site but he seemed to become very caustic and bitter before vanishing. I even got into with him a few times over some pretty stupid misunderstandings. I doubt his leaving had anything to do with that though. He tousled with a couple other posters around that time.

Shorty was one that really irritated me at first but ended up growing on me.

That's funny because I had the exact same first experience with both of them.  I remember it well too ... it was in the "Dan Plan" thread and I got into it with Sean a little bit.  Also thought Shorty was a big jerk at first, then after awhile both of them grew on me and I respected them.  Then, they both disappeared.

I do remember at one point while Shorty was giving somebody crap about his "dime sized" wear marks on his forged/cast/blade/cavities that he issued a challenge to the guy that if he could prove that he could actually do that, he'd quit the site.  But that was well before he left, and there was no way the guy could've proven it, so I'm sure that's just a coincidence, but I do remember it.

Also pretty odd that they both disappeared at the same time.

EDIT:  Why don't I remember this Shanks guy at all??

Was Shanks the guy with the tin cup (don johnson) avatar? If so, I think I may have seen him post not too long ago. Maybe these shmoes have jobs or something lame like that. :-P

Dime-sized brown spot became a bit of a catch phrase for a while. I say we bring it back! Synonymous with Bull Spit.

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

I miss Sean and Shanks, definitely do not miss Shorty. (But I do understand his appeal... )

I'm a cynical bastard at my core, so I could relate to Shorty a lot.  Plus he had great writing skills.  A man after my own heart.

Same with me- I am a crusty old fart at times but all of the above had a lot of experience and knowledge they were willing to share. Sometimes crusty and cynical which I found entertaining.

shanks a million has been gone for a long time, sirshanksalot is someone else.

Shorty was a jerk, but I liked him.  Sometimes you need that to balance out the niceness of some of you other fools.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Sean Miller, Shorty and Shanks all died in a tragic cheese grating accident.

Was it Norwegian Jarlsberg or Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?

Was it Norwegian Jarlsberg or Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?

WILL YOU STOP THAT BOUZOUKI MUSIC!

I didn't mind Shorty or Sean Miller. I didn't really like shanksamillion, if he's the one I'm remembering. I think he struck me as some type of aspergers or OCD... Bigger guy, talked a lot of trash about his game despite his mediocre handicap. Claimed he w unable to physically straighten his left arm, I think...

Sean changed usernames, then when he was caught (I gave him leeway since he wasn't exactly a newbie or trying to escape any sort of ban or punishment), said he didn't like the kind of poster he'd become so he quit.

Shorty just vanished. He could have died, who knows? That's the thing about the Internet. Personally I just picture him being too busy yelling at kids to get off his lawn or something.

Sean changed usernames, then when he was caught (I gave him leeway since he wasn't exactly a newbie or trying to escape any sort of ban or punishment), said he didn't like the kind of poster he'd become so he quit. Shorty just vanished. He could have died, who knows? That's the thing about the Internet. Personally I just picture him being too busy yelling at kids to get off his lawn or something.

Wow, that's really interesting about Sean miller

Sean changed usernames, then when he was caught (I gave him leeway since he wasn't exactly a newbie or trying to escape any sort of ban or punishment), said he didn't like the kind of poster he'd become so he quit. Shorty just vanished. He could have died, who knows? That's the thing about the Internet. Personally I just picture him being too busy yelling at kids to get off his lawn or something.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm curious as hell as to what Sean's alter ego was. Was he nicer?

Shorty just vanished. He could have died, who knows? That's the thing about the Internet. Personally I just picture him being too busy yelling at kids to get off his lawn or something.

One of Shorty's lasts posts was something like: "And I'm out, that's my last post. Bye." And he hasn't been on the site since. I guess I never considered death. Sean_miller, on the other hand, was last on the site a few weeks ago. No posts, of course. I forget his other username. Started with a "b" or a "d." Had some "i"s and "e"s in there. I'm sure that narrows it down.