IGNORED

laws on being kicked out of a golf club

golfboy12
Note: This thread is 3952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shorty

Please invest in a dictionary!

If you have been removed from a golf club it is because they have decided that they are better off without you.

You have made it abundantly clear that the directors of this club have a little more respect for their place than you have for them.

Aren't they "rubbish"? Aren't they "hiding behind etiquette?"

You are a vile and despicable blight on the game of golf and a disgarce to your generation.

The fact that you cannot write beyond the level that would be expected of a ten year old should be the issue you are focusing on.

Go and bankrupt your parents in court if that's what it would take for you to learn a lesson you clearly don't like.

Do you seriously want to continue playing at a place where you aren't wanted?

Go and exhibit your majestic game of golf elsewhere.

What's a "disgarce?"

If we assume that the OP is actually 12 years old and not some bored adult trolling, calling a kid that age a " vil e and despicable blight" is completely unacceptable.  Shorty, very ironically, you are engaging in the same sort of juvenile behavior that you are accusing GB12 of doing, except he at least has the excuse of youth to provide a partial explanation for his actions.

I have no idea if the OP's club was justified - somewhat or completely - or not at all in revoking the OP's membership.  Very few people, let alone 12 year-olds, will candidly admit all that they have done wrong under these sort of circumstances.  For all we know, the club might have been quite lenient and members may have repeatedly talked to the OP prior to the club taking action.  Or it could be that he is right to be indignant.  It is not at all uncommon for small-minded people who have gained positions of power to become petty little tyrants.  I've seen this happen in clubs, neighborhood associations, local government boards and repeatedly on internet forums (let me be clear, I am not talking about this one),

Golfboy12, membership in a club is a lot like a romantic relationship.  If things have gone bad for one party, they are bad for everyone.  It is better to end the relationship and move on to another one rather than try to coerce things back into place, which will not work in the long run.  I've never been a member of a country club or private golf club, but it would not surprise me at all if suing your former club would get you blacklisted at all other clubs in the area.  Learn from your mistakes and move on with your life.

And OP, if you are not actually a 12 year old kid and are simply trolling here to get your kicks, I hope you eventually get enough of a life that you no longer need to amuse yourself in this fashion.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

I'm not sure why we're even entertaining this though. Clearly, this kid is being a brat and got themselves in trouble (that is, if what they're even saying is true and actually happened). The bottom line is that if my 12 year old did something to cause themselves to be barred from my club, that punishment would be nothing compared to the punishment they would receive at home. Having said that, the parents would obviously be notified and would handle the remainder of the "situation" - not a 12 year old kid.

Lastly, what the hell is a 12 year old doing seeking legal advice on the internet for a pending Country Club banning? That in itself does not make any sense. First of all, you're 12. You have legal guardians who are responsible for you and your actions, period.

If you are in fact 12, you need to shape up and you probably lack discipline. I still think we're being trolled by a kid though and irregardless of age, a swift kick in the ass is in order.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Lastly, what the hell is a 12 year old doing seeking legal advice on the internet for a pending Country Club banning?

Not sure why it took so long for this question to be asked.

From this and the other thread, I have a vision in my head of a 12 year old with a full time job on wall street and a condo in the city.  Something out of Big .

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

[QUOTE][/QUOTE][quote name="justasgood" url="/t/68038/laws-on-being-kicked-out-of-a-golf-club#post_861365"]I believe it is spelled "whining" I could be rong [/quote] Whinge rhymes with fringe. Whine rhymes with fine. In Australia, whingers are serial complainers. We refer to the the British as "whingeing poms" :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Without knowing what is in the Rules and Regulations of your club, it is impossible to speculate.

I would suggest you read your contract as well as the Rules and Regulations of your club first to see if they have a legitimate reason for terminating your membership.

If they have a legitimate reason, tough break.  A lesson to be learned.

If the contract states you are accorded a due process but they didn't give you a due process, then you may have a case even if they have a legitimate reason to terminate your membership.

But like I said, without knowing what's in your membership contract and the Rules and Regulations of your club, no one can say for sure.

Originally Posted by golfboy12

does anyone know what legal action , if any that can be taken out on a private golf club if the terminate your membership with know disaplinary process

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Not sure why it took so long for this question to be asked.

In that "other thread" there was a mention about how difficult it is to be thrown out of CC if you have a lawyer. So I guess that started this thread.

Originally Posted by luu5

In that "other thread" there was a mention about how difficult it is to be thrown out of CC if you have a lawyer. So I guess that started this thread.

Isn't great when people start secondary threads to address the same thing as the first thread? Someone should start a poll for which of these two threads members prefer.

I, personally , will be voting for the other thread, it's got wolves in it!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Isn't great when people start secondary threads to address the same thing as the first thread? Someone should start a poll for which of these two threads members prefer.

I, personally, will be voting for the other thread, it's got wolves in it!

I vote wolves as well. Plus, Shorty is grumpier. I think...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I vote wolves as well. Plus, Shorty is grumpier. I think...

Self-righteously indignant, if you don't mind.

Self-righteously indignant, if you don't mind.

Let me know when you visit the states, Shorty. Stone Brewing Company makes the perfect beer for you and I got a six pack with your name on it. It's my personal favorite also.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/arrogantbastard/default.asp

Originally Posted by Spyder

Let me know when you visit the states, Shorty. Stone Brewing Company makes the perfect beer for you and I got a six pack with your name on it. It's my personal favorite also.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/arrogantbastard/default.asp

We drink slabs here, Spyder. 24 to a slab.

Thanks for the offer. You're a champ.

Ha..you won't be drinking a slab of Arrogant Bastard. The ABV and price will both keep you from doing that.

It's good stuff though. Unfortunately, we can't get it in Arkansas. If Spyder wants to share some though, I'd be glad to share my address.

Originally Posted by golfboy12

does anyone know what legal action , if any that can be taken out on a private golf club if the terminate your membership with know disaplinary process

I know this has beat to death on the other thread and now here but kid I have to ask a few questions....

First one...does your Dad (or Mom) have a membership in this private golf club?

Second...are you on that membership as family member?

Third...Because I don't think a private club is going to grant membership to a minor, I believe what may have happened to you is that you have been banned from the club.  I don't think they terminated your parent(s) membership.  Right?  Wrong?

Last...What do your parents think of this situation you have gotten yourself into?

• Upvote 1

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

VB is my favorite!!!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I answered your question already. You have no moral or legal standing. They kicked you out, you deserved it.

Depends, 1st, if i assume your age is correct from the other thread, you are probably a minor. Meaning, you probably had to get your parents to co-sign any contract, or are under there contract as a member of your club. I do not think it is allowed for a minor to enter into a contract like those in a private country club. So my guess is, you either have a junior membership of some kind, but that is linked to your parents membership. Or they just allows kids on the course for free because they know a member. Kinda like bringing a guest.

So, if you actually do have a membership, were your guardian signed, then you can read the document and see if there is any sort of agreements on disciplinary actions or the process in which someone is kicked out of the private club. If you do not have a contract, or your guardians don't, then your shit out of luck. Private entities can make there own rules. They own the property, unless they are breaking local laws in some way, they can pretty much kick you out for any reason they want.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Depends, 1st, if i assume your age is correct from the other thread, you are probably a minor. Meaning, you probably had to get your parents to co-sign any contract, or are under there contract as a member of your club. I do not think it is allowed for a minor to enter into a contract like those in a private country club. So my guess is, you either have a junior membership of some kind, but that is linked to your parents membership. Or they just allows kids on the course for free because they know a member. Kinda like bringing a guest.

So, if you actually do have a membership, were your guardian signed, then you can read the document and see if there is any sort of agreements on disciplinary actions or the process in which someone is kicked out of the private club. If you do not have a contract, or your guardians don't, then your shit out of luck. Private entities can make there own rules. They own the property, unless they are breaking local laws in some way, they can pretty much kick you out for any reason they want.

BS, I've never seen a Country Club contract that didn't lay down the guidelines in a specific manner as to avoid legal trouble for kicking someone out.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a Country Club contract....carry on...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!