IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I dont want to lose Mallory from the show, but I would love a final with Team Doleman vs. Rice.  Hope lots of trash talking happens from here on out.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Well I dont want to lose Mallory from the show, but I would love a final with Team Doleman vs. Rice.  Hope lots of trash talking happens from here on out.

I think those are the 2 teams that the final will be between...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I noticed when Will hit his drive on the second hole he played, he had a club resting on the tee box in line with his swing.  I'm not sure what rules they follow on the BB, but wouldn't that be considered an alignment aid and result in a penalty during a normal round of golf?

Joe Paradiso

Lift, clean and place?  Are my eyes deceiving me?

It was raining during parts of the challenge so they might have been playing, lift, clean and place.

Joe Paradiso

Finally they play a lot of actual golf.  That was really good.  What a match!  The challenges are cool, but they need more of this.  Green played great, even Will played at even par, but the big guy was feeling it.  Hard to compete when someone is in the zone like that.

Rice's first post-victory move is to console the defeated yet worthy opponent.  Is he jockeying for the greatest guy on the show award?  I can't help but pull for him in this.  The banter between he and Brown about the pressure was great.

Great episode last night, I think its advantage Team Doleman heading into the finals but Isaac won't go down easy if yesterday was any indication.

I don't think Team Doleman can beat Isaac if he plays to that level again.

Joe Paradiso

No doubt Isaac is the man to beat, unfortunately for him, though, not sure he's going to be able to keep covering for Emily and Rice. I think in a head to head, I give the edge to Issac over Brian (at least based on how he played last night) and Rice vs. Doleman is probably a coin toss (although I'd probably have to give a slight advantage to Doleman). That leaves me with Shannon vs. Emily, where Shannon has shown herself to have the clear advantage in that match-up. Not sure if the final format will lend itself to a true head-to-head competitions, though, so my comparisons might be totally meaningless. If it comes to a tie breaker type challenge, I'm thinking they should let the viewers decide...maybe a swim suite challenge between Shannon and Emily...or better yet, how about a PILLOW FIGHT...now that's good TV. LOL!

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87645/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/87646/] [/URL] Lift, clean and place?  Are my eyes deceiving me?

One shot had Mallory measuring the distance for an approach shot with her rangefinder, and she also had a ball tucked in her hand as well. So, yeah, I think you are right. (And this was on a hole where she was in the first cut of rough)

Finally they play a lot of actual golf.  That was really good.  What a match!  The challenges are cool, but they need more of this.  Green played great, even Will played at even par, but the big guy was feeling it.  Hard to compete when someone is in the zone like that.

Rice's first post-victory move is to console the defeated yet worthy opponent.  Is he jockeying for the greatest guy on the show award?  I can't help but pull for him in this.  The banter between he and Brown about the pressure was great.

best episode of the season so far - and the above comments are pretty much mine.

pretty much everybody went to console Mallory - clearly they are all fond of her and thrilled with the play of the final matchup

Hinting at an alternating shot type format....... (Rice and Doleman should match up ok - edge to Rice, Shannon and SasQuatch good matchup - edge to the big guy, Emily v Brian - Brian).  ((yes, I think Snannon is a better competitor than Brian - though Brian has good days, he has lousy days too.))

2 options:

Whoever's 'feeling it' that day will win.  Flip a coin.

Or, whichever team has the biggest choke will lose. (Doleman is on a bad trend vs all the others)

Bill - 

For some reason, my DVR decided to take the night off so I missed the first 10 minutes.  I didn't see exactly what happened to Team Doleman.  Did they have to win anything?  Or did they just simply get the day off by virtue of being undefeated?

For some reason, my DVR decided to take the night off so I missed the first 10 minutes.  I didn't see exactly what happened to Team Doleman.  Did they have to win anything?  Or did they just simply get the day off by virtue of being undefeated?

There was banter at breakfast (which upset Team Doleman) that the producers would reset and all three teams would fight it out but they announced Team Doleman was headed to a day at the spa while Team Brown and Rice fought for the last spot in the finals.

Joe Paradiso

Great show last night.

Between the 2 remaining teams, I'd have to give the edge to Doleman by a very slight margin, depending on what format they use. Just to bad someone has to lose.

[QUOTE name="newtogolf" url="/t/68506/big-break-nfl/234#post_928570"]   It was raining during parts of the challenge so they might have been playing, lift, clean and place. [/QUOTE] The rain was pretty modest in comparison to other Big Breaks I've seen in the past, and I doubt it had much if any impact on the conditions (case in point, look at how much roll they were getting on all of their tee shots).  I think it is pretty absurd to play lift, clean and place under those conditions.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I know that.  The rain was pretty modest in comparison to other Big Breaks I've seen in the past, and I doubt it had much if any impact on the conditions.  I think it is pretty absurd to play lift, clean and place under those conditions.

Well, its a TV show.  And I think they were smart if they made that call because they were thinking that we enjoy watching it when people like Isaac and Mallory are sticking their approach shots close and making birdies, moreso than when they're all struggling and looking like 10 handicappers.  Why not bend the rules such that it makes it more interesting theater?  It's not real golf anyway, considering they are hitting a shot, waiting 30 minutes for cameras, hitting again, etc, etc, etc.

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!