IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Starting a week from tomorrow, I'll be playing a lot of golf during 2 of the 3½ weeks I'll be in Colorado.  I'm going to hang on to my cards and calculate a new index from them, since it's been almost a year and a half since my last round.  By this time next month I should have some current data to work with.   I have a bad feeling that it's not going to be as low as I'd like.

I thought it was tough waiting all winter to play again... Can't imagine going that long without golf!

Good luck though!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

I thought it was tough waiting all winter to play again... Can't imagine going that long without golf! Good luck though!

That's the sad thing about golf in Canada. 8 months of snow, 4 months if golf if you're lucky.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

That's the sad thing about golf in Canada. 8 months of snow, 4 months if golf if you're lucky.

Yeah, and an unfortunate side effect of this is over priced tee times because courses have such a short window to turn a profit.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Starting a week from tomorrow, I'll be playing a lot of golf during 2 of the 3½ weeks I'll be in Colorado.  I'm going to hang on to my cards and calculate a new index from them, since it's been almost a year and a half since my last round.  By this time next month I should have some current data to work with.   I have a bad feeling that it's not going to be as low as I'd like.

You never know.

You've thought about it a lot. Here's some inspiration.

http://greatgolferwithin.com/102/an-incredible-visualization-story/

I don't update mine regularly....since I changed jobs and work more, my golf game sukks anyway.  My official index as of August 15th is 3.8.  My profile still shows 4.5........my index will probably rise anyway, so I don't bother updating. LOL  I figure its close enough.  whether it's 3.whatever or 4.whatever is irrelevant.  IMO

I was a 0 last year, so right now I have a bit of a FK-IT attitude.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I'm going to try to qualify for the Houston City Am in a few weeks, so I just signed up for an official handicap through Golfsmith. I'll update my profile when I get my first official handicap.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I'm going to try to qualify for the Houston City Am in a few weeks, so I just signed up for an official handicap through Golfsmith. I'll update my profile when I get my first official handicap.

Good luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Good luck.

Thanks man, I'm going to need it. I have no idea what it'll take to qualify (top 144 out of about 600 entrants get in), then there's a cut after the first two rounds. I'm just hoping I can qualify.

Tyler Martin

• 2 weeks later...

My handicap index, calculated from playing 7 rounds on 7 consecutive days after a 16 month layoff is 16.8.  That is based on the USGA handicap manual guidelines, using the lowest 2 differentials of the 7 rounds.  I hope to play at least a couple more rounds while I'm here in Colorado.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I thought about joining a club so I could get an index but I wasn't sure how much I would be playing and figured I'd be really bad anyway so I've decided to wait until next summer.  The 20 I list is a loose estimate, I seem to come in right around +20 when I play a round.

I thought about joining a club so I could get an index but I wasn't sure how much I would be playing and figured I'd be really bad anyway so I've decided to wait until next summer.  The 20 I list is a loose estimate, I seem to come in right around +20 when I play a round.

You might be surprised. If you posted all rounds, I bet you would end up somewhere around a 15-16 index.

Yeah I definitely don't attempt to factor in a slope rating or anything.  The course I've played the most is 106 from the blue tees which is normally what I play.  From what I've read that is slightly below average for difficulty so I don't think it would help my index much?

Originally Posted by Strandly

Yeah I definitely don't attempt to factor in a slope rating or anything.  The course I've played the most is 106 from the blue tees which is normally what I play.  From what I've read that is slightly below average for difficulty so I don't think it would help my index much?

haha...the last time I alluded to what the "average golf score" was ( 100), my post disappeared (or moved).  At the time I was only trying to make a new member feel a little better about his scoring and remarking that it was no worse than the average.  As I recall, I linked to the information I was quoting. In any event, I could no longer find my post. Perhaps somebody thought it was not relevant to the thread.  No biggie, but at the time I thought quite unnecessary to delete/move it. If you "google" average golf scores, you usually find several links that say in effect: The average golf score has remained at 100 for decades. Granted, there "may" be some other references that say that figure is no longer valid. It is also noteworthy it is nearly impossible to include "all" golfers, as there are many who do not record scores, do not maintain handicaps, e.t.c.  but as a "generalized" statement, I think it pretty much holds true.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

as of 9-1-13....I am a 3.1.

It's been a rough year for me and this is an improvement.  My putter has been killing me, but I stumbled onto something and I may have the putter back!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

The revision last night puts me at 4.3 with my lowest round of the year (1.0) coming off in 2 rounds. In the last 6 months I have shaved a full point coming from a 5.4 so I have made some progress. The short game is keeping me alive and Fairways hit are slightly up, GIR are about the same, but the scrambling at 50% has probably been the difference. I know that having better misses into the greens makes for easier up and downs and that making more putts in the 4-10 range has been huge. I have also been making more putts from the 16-20 foot range so picking up a few more of these longer putts is always a good thing on the psyche. The area I need some work on is hitting the 3 wood and 2 hybrid on the par 5s. Lately, I have lost confidence so I lay up to the 100 marker and I am missing out on getting it on or close to the green for an easier 2 putt or up and down birdie on the shorter par 5s.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Hacker James

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandly

haha...the last time I alluded to what the "average golf score" was ( 100), my post disappeared (or moved).  At the time I was only trying to make a new member feel a little better about his scoring and remarking that it was no worse than the average.  As I recall, I linked to the information I was quoting. In any event, I could no longer find my post. Perhaps somebody thought it was not relevant to the thread.  No biggie, but at the time I thought quite unnecessary to delete/move it. If you "google" average golf scores, you usually find several links that say in effect: The average golf score has remained at 100 for decades. Granted, there "may" be some other references that say that figure is no longer valid. It is also noteworthy it is nearly impossible to include "all" golfers, as there are many who do not record scores, do not maintain handicaps, e.t.c.  but as a "generalized" statement, I think it pretty much holds true.

I don't think that he was talking about his score - that's the course slope from the tee he plays if I'm reading it correctly.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

as of 9-1-13....I am a 3.1. It's been a rough year for me and this is an improvement.  My putter has been killing me, but I stumbled onto something and I may have the putter back!!

Do share!!

I don't think that he was talking about his score - that's the course slope from the tee he plays if I'm reading it correctly.

Yeah 106 slope rating from the blue tees.

Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!