IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As of September 1, I will be a 15.1 (unless I play between now and then, as it could be lower. Or if I play six rounds, all stinkers, it could be marginally higher; none of my five least recent of the last 20 are used in the calculation). Considering I started summer at 18.7, I'm super excited. LSW, Erik, Mike, and the crew at evolvr have been tremendously helpful. In any case, I do aim to keep my handicap index as listed here accurate.
  • Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As of September 1, I will be a 15.1 (unless I play between now and then, as it could be lower. Or if I play six rounds, all stinkers, it could be marginally higher; none of my five least recent of the last 20 are used in the calculation). Considering I started summer at 18.7, I'm super excited. LSW, Erik, Mike, and the crew at evolvr have been tremendously helpful. In any case, I do aim to keep my handicap index as listed here accurate.

That's a big move. Congratulations!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Creeping down. I'm impatient, but I have to remind myself that I only came back to the game in January after 6 years off, and Back in the day I was only an occasional golfer anyway. Plus I'm old. Started the year with some lessons and playing as much as I could, which earned me a handicap of 18.0. Playing more or less to that for a few months, with some ups and downs. Now a couple of decent scores have me to 16.2. More importantly, if I don't break 90 I'm a bit disappointed. Progress.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

I've only been playing for two years, and generally stink, but I play a lot, almost every weekend when it's nice enough and practice at the range in between.

But I don't keep a HC, I see no reason to use the system, I don't play in tournaments, nor for money,

Actually I generally don't keep a score, I have good holes and bad, and just enjoy the round, someday I may start keeping score, but it will be when I'm a bit better.

Probably won't play again before 09/01. Bad weather and sunset at 7:40ish is making it tough to get out. When I wake up Sep 1 I will land on 7.4. In 3 updates I've gone from 9.8 to 7.4 so the lack of recent golf is a bummer. I am going to push to get down to low 6's before the handicap season ends. Lessons have paid off. There are a few courses I play where anything over 79 is now an odd score. Adding a rangefinder to the mix has been a big help too.

Dave :-)

Well @David in FL looks like I'm joining you at 6.8 for at least the next 15 days or maybe even longer, where should the first match be in CA or FLA? Man my goal is just not that likely now more than ever I think I could probably get below 5 again before the years up but getting below 3 is going to mean a lot has come together in a short time, basically a light will have to come on, on that note though I do think my putting has improved a little bit over the past month I'm just not avoiding disaster holes like I was able to do before.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

My September 1st revision is small......................2.4 to 2.6, but the 9/15 revision will be ugly!!!    My driving is a train wreck right now, and I can't hit my irons anymore.  Aside from that, my game is just dandy!  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Before last season I decided that I wanted to keep my handicap so I found an online place that keeps handicaps (oobgolf) and I started throwing my scorecards in a box....so now I have almost 2 seasons of scorecards in a box.

I guess it just isn't that important to me to keep entering my scores so I just leave my forum handicap where I guessed it at 3 or 4 years ago.  I really have no idea what it is right now.

Before last season I decided that I wanted to keep my handicap so I found an online place that keeps handicaps (oobgolf) and I started throwing my scorecards in a box....so now I have almost 2 seasons of scorecards in a box.  I guess it just isn't that important to me to keep entering my scores so I just leave my forum handicap where I guessed it at 3 or 4 years ago.  I really have no idea what it is right now.

It takes all of 30 seconds to enter a score. Why wouldn't you? Moreover, why not keep an official handicap?

In David's bag....

It takes all of 30 seconds to enter a score. Why wouldn't you? Moreover, why not keep an official handicap?

I still plan to...maybe tomorrow?  In a year or two?  I guess it just isn't that important to me.  I mostly play at the course where I have my membership and the only time we use a recorded handicap is in league.  I don't even pay attention to that.  Maybe I am just lazy...

Is there a reason to keep one besides just knowing or putting it up on here?

I still plan to...maybe tomorrow?  In a year or two?  I guess it just isn't that important to me.  I mostly play at the course where I have my membership and the only time we use a recorded handicap is in league.  I don't even pay attention to that.  Maybe I am just lazy... Is there a reason to keep one besides just knowing or putting it up on here?

Isn't that enough? ;-)

In David's bag....

I can take it a step further.......... Heck, why do we even bother to keep score?   In fact, why keep a score in any sport?  Can you imagine watching your favorite teams playing just for fun without keeping score?  LOL

All kidding aside, handicap is the measuring stick to be able to track ones own progress.   Even for golfers who don't play competitively, I couldn't imagine not having a HC for no other reason than being able to track my own progress.  Many take it a step further and track personal stats too.   As a HC trends up or down over the years, the stats will tell a golfer a lot about their game.......why and where it is progressing or regressing.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Can you imagine watching your favorite teams playing just for the fun with no scoring?  LOL

Hey! Careful there... I'm a Vikings fan.  That kind of stings! ;-)

Back on topic, I'm trending gradually downward this season (thanks evolvr).  I keep my handicap on one of those "other" sites.  I tried a couple times to get in touch with the Missouri Golf Association through their website to get a GHIN---no response (just lonely cricket sounds).  Anybody here know what's going on with them?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Hey! Careful there... I'm a Vikings fan.  That kind of stings!

Back on topic, I'm trending gradually downward this season (thanks evolvr).  I keep my handicap on one of those "other" sites.  I tried a couple times to get in touch with the Missouri Golf Association through their website to get a GHIN---no response (just lonely cricket sounds).  Anybody here know what's going on with them?

I never tried to contact them directly.  I recommend going to whichever course you play most frequently, and let the course set you up with a GHIN with that course as your home course.  You can do this at any golf course.   Once you are setup, you can enter all the scores online if you choose to do so.  ................and you can keep your stats on GHIN too when you enter the scores.  This is how I do it...

What's in Paul's Bag:

4.9 down from 7.0.  My biggest single revision drop ever.

Needless to say, I've been playing well and it's been a fun couple of weeks.  Hopefully I'll be able to carry the good play through to my tournament on the 14th.

The next 2 weeks are going to be expensive though, as I've lost the 2 strokes that I've been getting from my buddy.   He's already trying to book extra rounds...... :scared: .....that's gonna leave a mark.

In David's bag....

Up to 20.7 from 19.4. Finally played enough golf to knock the better scores from a few years ago out of my handicap calculation. Last differential was 17, though, so hopefully I'm getting better and it will start going down again with a few more rounds.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

30.8 down from 32.2.  Slowly bringing it down...

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Note: This thread is 1175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!