IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seattle hasn't faced an offense like this either. The only thing close was when they faced NOS, the rest they haven't faced another Elite QB yet.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seattle hasn't faced an offense like this either. The only thing close was when they faced NOS, the rest they haven't faced another Elite QB yet.

Sure, but not to the same level. NO and SF are both very good offenses, but SD and NE were mediocre defenses. On average, Seattle played better offenses than Denver played defenses during the regular season. Plus, you're basically saying "apart from probably the fourth best QB in the league, the Seahawks haven't played any top QBs." ;-) There's no "apart" necessary when talking about Denver's recent defensive opponents.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Seattle has a crazy good D but they haven't faced an offense this powerful. That doesn't even take into account how much different the hawks D is on the road. The best QB they played this year was Brees at home and we all saw how good they looked. Well the second time the saints had a lot more success. Peyton will play well but IMO this game comes down to R. Wilson vs Denver's D. Ill say Denver wins 35-27

Denver hasn't faced a defense like Seattle. They are not only the #1 overall defense, they also have the best red zone defense since 2006. They will force turnovers, IMO.

I think the refs are going to let them play because they've pretty much done that in the postseason. That favors defense.

The best offense that Seattle has faced is New Orleans (by points per game), who scored 25.9 PPG (10th). By comparison, Denver scored 37.9 PPG, so almost two touchdowns better than NO. Big difference.

By contrast, the best defense that Denver has faced is Kansas City (also by points per game), who allowed 19.1 PPG (T5th). By comparison, Seattle allowed 14.4 PPG, a difference of only 4.7 points. In the two games that Denver played against KC, they averaged 31 points, which is 162% of KC's PPG average. In addition, Denver also played Indy (9th), New England (10th), San Diego (11th) and Baltimore (12th) and averaged 32.2 PPG against those teams.

What does all that say? Comparitively, Denver has faced far tougher defenses than Seattle has faced offenses, and has put up a lot of points against those teams.

Tyler Martin

Prediction:

Sherman has a shutdown day as usual but Denver has too many weapons. Denver 28-20. One of Seattle's scores is on D or they are set up short field by turnover. Wild-ass guess, probably wrong, just ready to enjoy.

More important question:

What's everyone cooking for Super Bowl Party????

I have a 10 pound boston butt going in the Weber smoker tonight for a 12-14 smoke in about 50/50 apple wood/hickory. Dry rub with lots of ancho/guajillo pepper plus lots tons spices (ginger, allspice, cumin...list goes on). Everything pulled tomorrow and a thin, mustard-based vinegar finishing sauce added to the final product.

What's everyone cooking for Super Bowl Party????

I have a 10 pound boston butt going in the Weber smoker tonight for a 12-14 smoke in about 50/50 apple wood/hickory. Dry rub with lots of ancho/guajillo pepper plus lots tons spices (ginger, allspice, cumin...list goes on). Everything pulled tomorrow and a thin, mustard-based vinegar finishing sauce added to the final product.

Not cooking today.  We are going to the Super Bowl party at Max's Conch Bar (Gary and Liz are two of our best friends). They are serving just burgers and dogs (they are normally closed on Sundays) along with the normal adult beverages, and several of the guests, us included, are bringing appetizers and munchies.  Gary projects the game onto a 12 foot screen, we bring beach chairs and sit in what's usually the parking lot, and it's a great party, island style. :beer:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Grew up in Denver - been a Bronco fan since my Dad started taking me to games in 1960.   Great golf and football in Denver.

G O    B R O N C O S   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry guys, the weather really killed it for me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Ditto. Stupid NFL. They shouldn't have games outside of domes in warm climates. Everyone knew what kind of disaster this would be. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/69880/2013-nfl-football/960#post_946144"] Ditto. Stupid NFL. They shouldn't have games outside of domes in warm climates. Everyone knew what kind of disaster this would be. :-P[/quote]Thirded. Couldn't even watch the end ... Put on Star Wars (episode 2!?!?!?) instead. The NFL should be ashamed of this farce.

I thought it was a great game, but being a Hawks fan, what would you expect? The game showed that defense, when played with true passion, can still control any offense. And the Hawks play with passion unmatched. Good for them.

As far as being ashamed, it looks like the AFC better find some answers, because SF or New Orleans could have beaten Denver tonight.

I was traveling (again, third year in a row I've been on a plane during the SB) so I didn't get to watch it. But from what I hear, it was sheer domination by Seattle. I must say I'm surprised it turned out like it did. Seattle winning isn't a surprise, but the way they won definitely was. There was a lot of money lost tonight, that's for sure.

Tyler Martin

They should have reprised Cowboys v Denver and the game could have been 61-44 (Peyton Wins)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Seattle played a great game in all phases.  Let's see if they can carry this over into next season.  Repeating is very tough.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

When I count my blessings, I guess we really have been spoiled over the last few years with good games in the Super Bowl. We were overdue for a blowout. Law of averages I guess.

Constantine

It also looks like the Curse of the MVP is holding up this century.  The last League MVP to win a Superbowl was Kurt Warner in 1999.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I dunno if anyone here's mentioned it yet, but how about the odd year Percy Harvin had. He gets traded from the Vikes in March for a 1st, 3rd and 7th rounder, and then tears his labrum and undergoes surgery in August. Everyone thinks he's going on IR.

Somehow, he rehabs and makes his Hawks debut in week 11, where he played 16 snaps, but after the game, experiences hip soreness and is eventually shut down for the rest of the regular season later in the week.

He comes back again somehow against the Saints in the division round, but gets concussed in the 1st quarter. He sits out the NFC Championship game the next week.

Making his 3rd attempt at a comeback this year, in the Super Bowl of all games, the guy ends up rushing twice for 45 yards and taking the opening kick of the second half to the house for a touchdown. He also caught one pass for five yards.

In what was almost a really bad trade, in the end, it was probably all worth it :-D

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!