IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Fast Nine.  This is a birdie;  better than any entry in the series since Fast Six (and some of you know that I think F7 should have been nominated for the academy award for best picture 2014, although I understand why it wasn't).  The action scenes were great and the plot was nice and neat.  There were some great callbacks to previous entries in the series (I think I watched all the series, at least passively, twice through in the past 17 months;  I say passively because sometimes I'd have it on a TV but I wasn't paying full attention), although unlike some other movies in some cinematic universe I could mention but that I've mostly stopped watching years ago, someone who missed a movie or two wouldn't feel lost in it -- "oh that's his friend" versus "something about this character, which was mentioned in a movie you thought was unrelated will be super relevant in a minute and you'll be confused when it happens."

I tried to avoid spoilers (pun intended), but I wasn't super successful on that -- probably the same spoiler or two that everyone else saw, but I won't repeat any here, except in the spoiler box.

Spoiler

I loved the ret-con that brought Han back.   He might be my favorite character in now six different movies.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Dig, easy birdie, based on a true story in late 1930's England landowner Edith Pretty hires amatuer archaeologist Basil Brown to investigate mounds on her property he discovers an ancient burial site from the Dark ages.

This was a very well made movie in my opinion, I seem to rate movies by their ability to get my full attention and this one did.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

All on US Netflix. All birdies.

Blood Red Sky -  Vampire on a hijacked plane. Don't watch the trailers if you want watch this one. A lot of blood but not too gory. Subtitles (Germany).

The Vault  - Predictable but solid heist movie with Davos from Game of Thrones, but kind of a little unresolved ending. The heist ingenuity was ok, nothing groundbreaking.

The Unthinkable - Mysterious attack on country from unknown forces blended with relationship drama. Made with 2M USD Kickstarter money. Looks like a lot more was spent on it. Subtitles (Sweden).

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Anyone seen this?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Anyone seen this?

It was ok. Thor doesn't look like your typical hacker though, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Snowden rates a par for me. It's about what I thought it would be. It was good, but nothing you'd watch again. Worth the time.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9/11 Documentary on Apple TV. 
Eagle. It’s intense and very enlightening what went on that day. 

I remember how quiet it was in the skies on 9/12. Not a single plane in the air. Not even a Cessna with a propeller engine. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I saw Werewolves Within a few nights ago; I expected it to be mediocre and I thought I'd turn it off before I even got halfway through.  That was my thoughts before I started watching, but I wanted to give it a try.  By twenty minutes in, I was hooked.  A very surprising birdie.  I am told it's based on a video game, but I had not heard of the game it's based on.   I will likely watch it again.   It's a comedy with horror elements, not a horror movie, kind of like The Mummy (the one from the 90s) or Van Helsing (with Hugh Jackman) had elements of classic horror stories within, but were not themselves horror movies. 

I am three episodes into the TV program Ted Lasso and I am enjoying that also;  it seems a birdie so far, also something I wasn't sure what to think about it other than having friends recommending it.  I am really not into soccer, but I am really enjoying the show, to the point where I have already acquired some AFC Richmond (the possibly fictional? soccer team in the show) gear. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Road to Perdition - Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, Daniel Craig, Jude Law. Par on a really tough Par 4. Acting was great. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Free Guy was a lot better than I thought it would be. I rate it a birdie. It's not something you'd watch a bunch of times, but it was good.

I watched Shock and Awe (par), 9/11: Inside the President's War Room (birdie), 21 (par, was a birdie, but it's not super accurate and Kevin Spacey, ick) recently too.

Kill Me Three Times was a par. Funny, gruesome… good. I've seen others too lately but I can't remember them all.

My list of movies I am looking forward to. 

The next Matrix Movie. I am all in on what ever Keanu makes right now, and with todays visual effects, this should look amazing. 

Dune, it looked like it got decent reviews. Though, some say it was cut off to short. Didn't they know that it might be a trilogy series. So... I am kind of all for the director in pushing all in and not making the storied closed in hopes of getting the next 1-2 movies made. I am a huge Dune fan, and want this to be an epic trilogy of movies. 

Last Night in Soho trailer looks good. I like the style going on here. 

Moonfall, just looks crazy. I mean, haven't seen a big end of the world type movie in a long time (1990's). Why not one where the moon crashed into the earth. Yep, I am all in just to see the visual spectacle of that one. 

Red Notice, The Rock as an Interpol agent to track down top heist criminals. Throw in Ryan Reynolds, yea this looks fun. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just now, saevel25 said:

My list of movies I am looking forward to. 

The next Matrix Movie. I am all in on what ever Keanu makes right now, and with todays visual effects, this should look amazing. 

Dune, it looked like it got decent reviews. Though, some say it was cut off to short. Didn't they know that it might be a trilogy series. So... I am kind of all for the director in pushing all in and not making the storied closed in hopes of getting the next 1-2 movies made. I am a huge Dune fan, and want this to be an epic trilogy of movies. 

Last Night in Soho trailer looks good. I like the style going on here. 

Moonfall, just looks crazy. I mean, haven't seen a big end of the world type movie in a long time (1990's). Why not one where the moon crashed into the earth. Yep, I am all in just to see the visual spectacle of that one. 

Red Notice, The Rock as an Interpol agent to track down top heist criminals. Throw in Ryan Reynolds, yea this looks fun. 

They owe me money for "The Matrix, Reloaded" and "The Matrox, Revolutions". 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I was in college at the time. I really enjoyed those movies 😛

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I was in college at the time. I really enjoyed those movies 😛

I'm sorry. 

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Did you take the red pill or the blue pill?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm sorry. 

Action movies don't need to have the best plots for me to enjoy them. If I realize that things are getting out of hand, I can just enjoy them for the actions and visual graphics. At the time, those two movies were entraining. Now they look like cheesy video games. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Action movies don't need to have the best plots for me to enjoy them. If I realize that things are getting out of hand, I can just enjoy them for the actions and visual graphics. At the time, those two movies were entraining. Now they look like cheesy video games. 

They were doomed by their own success. The first movie was made as a stand alone film. It wasn't supposed to be a trilogy. It was clever, different, visually interesting etc. It was so popular, and deservedly so, it was imitated everywhere. By time the Wachowskis were able to figure out some kind of way to make sequels they were basically imitations of their own work, at best.