IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Jurassic World Dominion. Tap in par. If you like the other 5 specifically the last 2 you will like this one. New and old characters on screen together was fun. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Kimi.

Bogey may be even a lipped out double bogey.  Feels like one of those made for TV movie.  No suspense, slow moving in the beginning, etc.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope. In IMAX. Real, not LIEMAX. Barely a birdie. I appreciate what he’s trying to do, Peele, it’s not as focused as Get Out was but I generally like films that try for something but miss rather than play it safe.

The IMAX aspect ratio to me definitely added to the experience, noticed the IMAX camera usage immediately. Is it Top Gun 2 see it in IMAX no, more Lawrence of Arabia see it in IMAX.

It’s not straight up horror like his two previous movies but it doesn’t contain any less social commentary imho.

Knew that Steve Yeun was in this but also two surprise actors I know also showed up. One from The OA and another from Ocean’s Eleven.

Missed some dialog because of mumbling. So much mumbling these days. Will definitely rewatch for the closed captioning. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

The Gray Man, par. It's got some good action sequences, though many are too dark/too fast to truly tell what's happening. Beyond that… same old story. Entertaining for an evening, but nothing more.

Ana de Armas needed a bigger part. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lightyear, tap in par. My 5 year old loved it. He also likes Buzz Lightyear more than Woody. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Bullet Train. Par but almost lipped out. It just was not as funny as I thought it would be. You could tell they threw some money into the movie not just the well known actors. Maybe I should just read the book. I think that would be a big improvement.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Prey - tap in birdie. A great addition to a certain franchise. If you don’t know anything about it don’t watch the trailer, just go into it knowing it’s an action flick. Too bad this didn’t get a theatrical release I would have certainly gone to a theater to see this. 

Steve

14 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Prey - tap in birdie. A great addition to a certain franchise. If you don’t know anything about it don’t watch the trailer, just go into it knowing it’s an action flick. Too bad this didn’t get a theatrical release I would have certainly gone to a theater to see this. 

I agree, I give it a birdie. I really enjoyed  this predator movie. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The Gray Man, tap in Par. A bit to frantically paced during the middle. I question some plot timing issues. The dry humor is good, and the action sequences are pretty good. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The Gray Man, tap in Par. A bit to frantically paced during the middle. I question some plot timing issues. The dry humor is good, and the action sequences are pretty good. 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, iacas said:

The Gray Man, par. It's got some good action sequences, though many are too dark/too fast to truly tell what's happening. Beyond that… same old story. Entertaining for an evening, but nothing more.

Ana de Armas needed a bigger part. 😉

Yep.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Echo for what @nevets88said.  I knew almost nothing about the movie other than the ethnicity of the main cast and that it's an action movie.  I had time tonight so I watched a movie and chose this one.   Otherwise same review.  Birdie. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 3/26/2022 at 3:05 PM, nevets88 said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once was bonkers crazy, it was a little too much at times, but totally worth a theater visit. Birdie.

Had nobody else seen this?? What an incredible movie. Not a moment of it wasn't captivating or enthralling

Colin P.

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Had nobody else seen this?? What an incredible movie. Not a moment of it wasn't captivating or enthralling

I'll never look at a butt plug the same again, lol.

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'll never look at a butt plug the same again, lol.

You don't look at the butt plug, the butt plug looks at YOU.

Colin P.

• 3 weeks later...

rewatched "the good, the bad, and the ugly" for what feels like the hundreth time. hole in one, every time

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Everything Everywhere All At Once

is there something more prestigious than a hole in one? Idk, hole in one on a par five on Pluto and I teed off in alpha centauri 

holy shit what a film 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

7 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Everything Everywhere All At Once

is there something more prestigious than a hole in one? Idk, hole in one on a par five on Pluto and I teed off in alpha centauri 

holy shit what a film 

I tweeted at the directors and they tweeted back! I noticed something about a musical bit and they said yep. We did that just for people like you who will would notice such details. 

Steve

• Administrator

What Happened, Brittany Murphy?

Triple bogey. It's not really a movie, but I agree with what's written on Wikipedia:

In October 2021, HBO Max aired a documentary titled What Happened, Brittany Murphy?, covering the mystery surrounding Murphy's death. In the documentary, Murphy's 8 Mile co-star Taryn Manning remembered her as "free-spirited, whimsical and full of laughter".[55] After the documentary premiere, Daniel Fienberg wrote for The Hollywood Reporter that the documentary was "20 percent a reminder of Murphy's transcendent talent, 30 percent a dead-ended investigation into the mystery of her death, and 50 percent an unenlightening examination of Murphy's late husband", and concluded his review saying that "[Murphy] deserved better than the treatment she received in the media, which probably contributed to [Monjack's] ability to control her in the way he did."[56]