IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Enemy starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Mélanie Laurent. Holy dear mother of God, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot what in dear lord was that ending about? I'll have to think about it before I rate this. Holy ****!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Par.

I knew what was going to happen, and I thought some of the parts at the end where the "stuff" happens could have been handled better (or not so rushed). But it was entertaining and not at all bad, so, par.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Enemy starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Mélanie Laurent. Holy dear mother of God, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot what in dear lord was that ending about? I'll have to think about it before I rate this. Holy ****!

im intrigued....please expound on this.

also, just watched Chinatown.  i know its a classic, but its my first time seeing it.  it was wonderful.  everything was brilliant.

Colin P.

im intrigued....please expound on this. also, just watched Chinatown.  i know its a classic, but its my first time seeing it.  it was wonderful.  everything was brilliant.

Enemy is directed by same guy who did Prisoners. It's a slow burn film and the ending involves... how do I not spoil this... heavy symbolism. All the reviews will indicate how shocked audiences were. It's a movie that will keep you guessing and thinking. On thinking it over I give it a birdie for the underlying themes interwoven throughout. I have a high tolerance for art house films though. Films people hate I tend to be neutral or like, for example Tree of Life.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Enemy is directed by same guy who did Prisoners. It's a slow burn film and the ending involves... how do I not spoil this... heavy symbolism. All the reviews will indicate how shocked audiences were. It's a movie that will keep you guessing and thinking. On thinking it over I give it a birdie for the underlying themes interwoven throughout. I have a high tolerance for art house films though. Films people hate I tend to be neutral or like, for example Tree of Life.

It's there resolution? Am ending? Or is it left up to the viewer to decide? My wife hates movies without resolution...

Colin P.

It's there resolution? Am ending? Or is it left up to the viewer to decide? My wife hates movies without resolution...

There is but some might find it unsatisfying. I had to think about it for a bit and then came away satisfied... I think :-) If you put a gun to my head and asked me for a yea or nay, I'd say nay and read the spoilers. I bet there are screencaps of the WTF ending scene. There are drawn out attempts at explanations/interpretations on YouTube.

If you hate movies without resolutions, don't see Limbo. Boy people were pissed at that one.

Steve

Just watched 3 days to Kill. Decent movie nothing special but was entertaining. Keving Costner is still solid. Also saw the new Jack Ryan movie. Again solid movie. Costner was good as was Branaugh and Pine.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Watched Forrest Gump with the kids other night! I realise it's an oldie now, and it might already be mentioned here, but what a great tale, my kids loved it as did I! For a film that's over 2.5 hours long it still manages to hold you and keep you amused all the way through! It's a birdie for me!

Gaz Lee

Watched Forrest Gump with the kids other night! I realise it's an oldie now, and it might already be mentioned here, but what a great tale, my kids loved it as did I! For a film that's over 2.5 hours long it still manages to hold you and keep you amused all the way through! It's a birdie for me!

First time reading this thread but if any movie ever made deserves an eagle it's Forrest Gump.

James

First time reading this thread but if any movie ever made deserves an eagle it's Forrest Gump.

Your probably right! But I'm a harsh critic, and I've not chipped in for a while☺️ I've watched the film in its entirety 3 times over the last few years, and there's not many films I can do that with

Gaz Lee

I like Tom Hanks a lot. Forrest Gump is an excellent movie, but I liked him in Apollo 13 much better.  To me Apollo 13 was a hole in one.  It was a real story, that you already knew the ending too, and yet the tension and action was outstanding due to great directing and acting.  Plus the "special effects" like the actors floating weightless, was real.  That was real puke from Bill Paxton, really floating weightless.  How can you beat that!

Forrest Gump was more like a great book you will read over and over.  Still at least a birdie.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I like Tom Hanks a lot. Forrest Gump is an excellent movie, but I liked him in Apollo 13 much better.  To me Apollo 13 was a hole in one.  It was a real story, that you already knew the ending too, and yet the tension and action was outstanding due to great directing and acting.  Plus the "special effects" like the actors floating weightless, was real.  That was real puke from Bill Paxton, really floating weightless.  How can you beat that! Forrest Gump was more like a great book you will read over and over.  Still at least a birdie.

I think Tom Hanks is one of, if not The, greatest actors of my generation. Such incredible talent and range. That movie were he's stuck in an airport was great acting too.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I think Tom Hanks is one of, if not The, greatest actors of my generation. Such incredible talent and range. That movie were he's stuck in an airport was great acting too.

Hanks at the end of Captain Phillips was pretty intense.

And he played all sorts of characters in one movie in Cloud Atlas,

Steve

I tend to agree with this, he always gives a great performance, and rarely stars in a bad movie, if at all? In fact I would say there are definitely a couple if movies he's done that would likely have sunk if not for his performance! Inc, the airport one, the shipwreck one and the aids one!

Gaz Lee

Just saw Lone Survivor. Definite birdie for me.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think there was a 4th option: Take the goat herders with you up the mountain until you can establish communications with base. Once that happens, cut 'em loose. That way, there's more distance for the herders to travel back down to alert the Taliban, and the choppers have more time to get to your position before the shit goes down.

20/20 though. And in life, you can't go back, so my point is moot.

Sad story.

Totally agree on both points. SOLID birdie. Most intense film I've seen in a long time. Taking them to the top and waiting for chopper and then cutting them loose did occur to me almost immediately.  One of the top 10 battle sequences in movie history, IMO.

Your probably right! But I'm a harsh critic, and I've not chipped in for a while☺️

I've watched the film in its entirety 3 times over the last few years, and there's not many films I can do that with

Yeah it's one of those stories that I watch the first time just for the story and just for entertainment. Then watch again to see what the author had in mind underneath the story(s).

Combined with really great acting it's one that is on my DVR list that I watch periodically. Since I'm from the south I probably notice things about the acting by Hanks that may not be so obvious.

Trying to pull off a legitimate southern accent is hard enough on it's own. To do it with the inflections of a mentally handicapped person is that much harder. Not many actors could nail both like that and make me believe it.

BTW did anybody go see the movie about the "Jersey Boys"? I'm curious if it's any good.

I give Edge Of Tomorrow a birdie. I really enjoyed this one. TC did a fabulous job.

Too bad it's not doing as well at the box office as it's been reviewed. Gotta give TC credit for choosing great sci movies.

Steve