IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

I watched a movie today on Amazon that was rated 5 stars. I would absolutely give it 5 stars and it would easily be an eagle. It star Kevin Bacon but was a real emotional ride. It was called Taking Chance

Second. Powerful.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jurassic World - par. CGI was good, the part at the end was good but the story was bland and Chris Pratt's character was bland. I also wasn't a huge fan of the original, think there's a lot more interesting stories you can do with dinosaurs than a monster/Godzilla-ish type plot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Kung Fury - birdie. Crowdsourced 30 minute short silly over the top hilariously funny movie that pays homage to 80s action movies complete w/cheesy 80s synth music.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Kung Fury - birdie. Crowdsourced 30 minute short silly over the top hilariously funny movie that pays homage to 80s action movies complete w/cheesy 80s synth music.

Is it as good as Kung Pow Enter the Fist ?  I love that masterpiece!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Is it as good as Kung Pow Enter the Fist?  I love that masterpiece!

It's similar, but more cgi based and draws on wider tropes - like Hitler, Kung Fuhrer, ha ha, Norse Gods and dinosaurs. The whole "movie" (more like a long comedy skit) is in the YouTube embed.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Is it as good as Kung Pow Enter the Fist?  I love that masterpiece!

It's similar, but more cgi based and draws on wider tropes - like Hitler, Kung Fuhrer, ha ha, Norse Gods and dinosaurs. The whole "movie" (more like a long comedy skit) is in the YouTube embed.

Cool thanks!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Pitch Perfect 2 - Par

I found it enjoyable but neither as innocent nor as spontaneous or humorous as the original. It was a bit contrived.

Others may find it more enjoyable than the original. It is darker and sillier than the original, and more adult-driven.

I was hoping for something more. I understand PP3 is in the works.

My son and I could watch the original over and over - it is fun. This one -- once was enough

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The classic, Jaws, returning to the big screen. I think we're gonna need a bigger boat. Now that's a timeless movie quote.

Steve

The classic, Jaws, returning to the big screen. I think we're gonna need a bigger boat. Now that's a timeless movie quote.

My favorite scene in that movie is when Quint is telling the story about being stuck in the Pacific after a Japanese Submarine sunk the ship he was on.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/828#post_1155473"] The classic, Jaws, returning to the big screen. I think we're gonna need a bigger boat. Now that's a timeless movie quote.  [/QUOTE] My favorite scene in that movie is when Quint is telling the story about being stuck in the Pacific after a Japanese Submarine sunk the ship he was on.

Yes, an unforgettable scene. And unrehearsed I think.

Steve

[QUOTE name="colin007" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/810_10#post_1152681"] I loved Prometheus. Ridley Scott made one of the three best movies of all time, so he's gets a pass from me. I think I'm going to love The Martian.[/QUOTE] I should re-watch Prometheus. The cinematography was gorgeous and the Fassbender scenes were good. [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] Plus that automated surgery machine. But the one where the scientists mock the alien life form though... [/SPOILER]

[quote name="colin007" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/810#post_1153470"][QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/810#post_1153167"]   I should re-watch Prometheus. The cinematography was gorgeous and the Fassbender scenes were good. [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] Plus that automated surgery machine. But the one where the scientists mock the alien life form though.. [/SPOILER] [/QUOTE] give it another shot...it really is pretty good.  i would give it an A- [/quote] Watched it tonight with a friend. Par. Not his greatest work, but fun. According to IMDB, I now need to re-read H.P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

My favorite scene in that movie is when Quint is telling the story about being stuck in the Pacific after a Japanese Submarine sunk the ship he was on.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
Quote:

Yes, an unforgettable scene. And unrehearsed I think.

Robert Shaw re-wrote the scene to make it shorter.  It is my favorite scene and a perfect thriller scene.  They start with humor to lighten you up.  Then Shaw tells a dark story and lulls you into quiet.  Then they start singing to lighten you up again.  Then "Boom"!

http://neilchughes.com/2013/03/10/the-indianapolis-speech-by-robert-shaw-in-jaws-1975/

Quote:

Steven Spielberg advised that Howard Sackler, who was an uncredited writer, didn’t want a credit and didn’t arbitrate for one, but he’s the guy that broke the back of the script before we ever got to Martha’s Vineyard to shoot the movie.

Howard one day said, “Quint needs some motivation to show all of us what made him the way he is and I think it’s this Indianapolis incident.” I said, “Howard, what’s that?” And he explained the whole incident of the Indianapolis and the Atomic Bomb being delivered and on its way back it was sunk by a submarine and sharks surrounded the helpless sailors who had been cast adrift and it was just a horrendous piece of World War II history. Howard didn’t write a long speech, he probably wrote about three-quarters of a page.

But then, when I showed the script to my friend John Milius, John said “Can I take a crack at this speech?” and John wrote a 10 page monologue, that was absolutely brilliant, but out-sized for the Jaws I was making! (laughs) But it was brilliant and then Robert Shaw took the speech and Robert did the cut down. Robert himself was a fine writer, who had written the play The Man in the Glass Booth. Robert took a crack at the speech and he brought it down to five pages. So, that was sort of the evolution just of that speech

The year this movie came up was the first year I was a lifeguard on a ocean beach.  It was easy work that summer!

Scott

My Swing Thread

My top 10 Pixar: Wall-E, Inside Out, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, Toy Story 3, Toy Story 2, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Brave

Steve

I would like to retract my previous opinion about how unrealistic [i]Jurassic World[/i] is; the idea of a resort that costs hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars per day but doesn't have a golf course didn't sit well with me. I saw it yesterday -- this is not a spoiler -- and when the kids check into the hotel, there is an ad on their television for the features the resort has; one of them showed a ball roll into the hole and said "championship golf." They still didn't show the course, but I guess that wasn't the point of the movie. So we're limited to that one golf course in Australia as far as mixing dinosaurs with our beloved sport. The movie is a birdie. It did what it set out to do and held my attention the whole time. I would have given it a par, but as we know, dinosaurs are now birds, so I felt birdie was more appropriate. :-P [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] The one thing I would change is to add a brief scene where Bryce Howard gets more appropriate shoes. Just have her say "I have sneakers in the SUV" when they're mentioned and then have her in said shoes instead of heels going forward. I don't need to see her steal them from the shop, or even stop to put them on, just some way she has them. I find it hard to believe not only that she could run that much in those shoes, but that she'd put herself in the situation at the end where she'd [b]have to run[/b] in them. Even people adept at running and jumping in heels -- this set might be incredibly limited -- probably couldn't do that. And they even did mention the shoes at some point in the movie I think.[/SPOILER]

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I would like to retract my previous opinion about how unrealistic [i]Jurassic World[/i] is; the idea of a resort that costs hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars per day but doesn't have a golf course didn't sit well with me. I saw it yesterday -- this is not a spoiler -- and when the kids check into the hotel, there is an ad on their television for the features the resort has; one of them showed a ball roll into the hole and said "championship golf." They still didn't show the course, but I guess that wasn't the point of the movie. So we're limited to that one golf course in Australia as far as mixing dinosaurs with our beloved sport. The movie is a birdie. It did what it set out to do and held my attention the whole time. I would have given it a par, but as we know, dinosaurs are now birds, so I felt birdie was more appropriate. :-P [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] The one thing I would change is to add a brief scene where Bryce Howard gets more appropriate shoes. Just have her say "I have sneakers in the SUV" when they're mentioned and then have her in said shoes instead of heels going forward. I don't need to see her steal them from the shop, or even stop to put them on, just some way she has them. I find it hard to believe not only that she could run that much in those shoes, but that she'd put herself in the situation at the end where she'd [b]have to run[/b] in them. Even people adept at running and jumping in heels -- this set might be incredibly limited -- probably couldn't do that. And they even did mention the shoes at some point in the movie I think.[/SPOILER]

Yeah I pretty much agree ... Saw it yesterday with my son and we loved it. My only gripe, and it's a tiny one (and not a spoiler) but at one point they cut from one scene to the next with no reason for any time to have passed and no indication that it has ... Yet it went from the bright sun of midday to completely dark. I was like, "huh???"

I would like to retract my previous opinion about how unrealistic Jurassic World is; the idea of a resort that costs hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars per day but doesn't have a golf course didn't sit well with me.

I saw it yesterday -- this is not a spoiler -- and when the kids check into the hotel, there is an ad on their television for the features the resort has; one of them showed a ball roll into the hole and said "championship golf."

They still didn't show the course, but I guess that wasn't the point of the movie. So we're limited to that one golf course in Australia as far as mixing dinosaurs with our beloved sport.

The movie is a birdie. It did what it set out to do and held my attention the whole time. I would have given it a par, but as we know, dinosaurs are now birds, so I felt birdie was more appropriate.

The one thing I would change is to add a brief scene where Bryce Howard gets more appropriate shoes. Just have her say "I have sneakers in the SUV" when they're mentioned and then have her in said shoes instead of heels going forward. I don't need to see her steal them from the shop, or even stop to put them on, just some way she has them. I find it hard to believe not only that she could run that much in those shoes, but that she'd put herself in the situation at the end where she'd have to run in them. Even people adept at running and jumping in heels -- this set might be incredibly limited -- probably couldn't do that. And they even did mention the shoes at some point in the movie I think.

Regarding your spoiler, actor wanted it that way, director gave in. He's got one very low budget film under his belt, so I'm guessing he didn't have much leverage. Spoilers in link:

http://www.blastr.com/2015-6-11/colin-trevorrow-explains-bizarre-running-heels-scene-jurassic-world

Steve

My only gripe, and it's a tiny one (and not a spoiler) but at one point they cut from one scene to the next with no reason for any time to have passed and no indication that it has ... Yet it went from the bright sun of midday to completely dark. I was like, "huh???"

Huh, didn't even notice that. It'll bug me when I see it next (probably on BRD), though. Glad to hear you and your son enjoyed it. I have a good memory of seeing the original with my dad when I was ten. I also remembering coming face to face with a raptor model at the ILM creature shop when the movie was in production. Fun times. [quote name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/828#post_1158159"]Regarding your spoiler, actor wanted it that way, director gave in. He's got one very low budget film under his belt, so I'm guessing he didn't have much leverage. [/quote] Good point; I didn't know that. I suppose in a movie about people running from cloned dinosaurs, I can't be all that upset about shoe choices.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) Didn't want to watch .. However, it was available on the plane and I did.. Easy birdie, kept me entertained.. But I hated ..... Ok I won't give it away.. If you like James Bond movies or you don't this is much better than it IMO..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad