IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Watched Good Will Hunting again last night.

Wife and I were just talking about that movie, planning on watching it again sometime next week. Been a while since the last time I saw it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Wife and I were just talking about that movie, planning on watching it again sometime next week. Been a while since the last time I saw it.

I used my little Fire Stick (which, annoyingly, is not at all battery powered) and it was on Prime for free.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good Will Hunting gets a birdie. Lots of great scenes and Robin Williams was awesome. My favorite scene was towards the end between Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, when Chuckie tells Will about the best ten seconds of his day.

Mike McLoughlin

Firewall - it was an interesting movie that kept me wanting to know what happens next.. I didn't like the fact that the plot didn't turn on the bad guys in a more sophisticated way like I was expecting, and the ending was predictable. It gets a par because I wanted to finish the movie even though I knew how it would end.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Have any of you seen Coherence? Maybe @nevets88 since he's a fellow sci-fi geek?

Never heard of it. It's on Amazon Prime though. It's on my queue now. Is it good?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Have watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2 about 3 or 4 or 5 times in the last couple of weeks.  (Obviously not the whole thing beginning to end with popcorn and such, but just flipping stations and see that it's on.)  Those things never get old.

Birdies for both.  Even if they are carbon copies of each other.

Never heard of it. It's on Amazon Prime though. It's on my queue now. Is it good?

Not sure, that's why I was asking! :-) Let me know, it's in my queue as well.

Colin P.

Chinese Puzzle. Great little whimsical light drama, actually not a bad Christmas movie, happy ending, cute kids, funny. but not exactly a family movie, in a sense, even though it's about family, there's a guy in a fertility clinic and a lesbian scene but hey, it's French, directed by Cédric Klapisch, well known in France. It's the 3rd of a series, but you don't have to really know what went on in the first two, kind of like the Sunrise Trilogy. Birdie. It's on Netflix.

If you speak Mandarin, just this... Audrey Tatou (first language - French) in a scene speaking Mangarin, er Mandarin. Too funny.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Prolly not gonna get any Oscars, but a nice collage of scenes, some not seen in any of the previous trailers and the wonderful soundtrack.

Steve

Predestination.... Interesting movie. Probably a lipped out birdie. Not a lot I can say about it, just one of those movies you have to watch I guess.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

[quote name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/510#post_1087388"] Never heard of it. It's on Amazon Prime though. It's on my queue now. Is it good?

Not sure, that's why I was asking! :-) Let me know, it's in my queue as well.[/quote] It's hard to describe this movie w/o giving anything away, basically it's a low budget take on alternate realities. I'd give it a par, yes, it's a mind**** but it's a bit one note.

Steve

Anyone seen The Interview yet? I think we'll stream it tomorrow.

Mike McLoughlin

Anyone seen The Interview yet? I think we'll stream it tomorrow.

Watched it Xmas night. Wasn't bad, but Francos over the top dumbness was a little annoying.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I give The Interview a solid par, there were some really funny scenes. Kids loved it. If you liked Pineapple Express or This Is the End, then you'll enjoy this movie.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

22 Jump Street - Birdie. Way better than even the first one. Don't go into it expecting too much and you'll be HAPPY about what is offered. It's funny. The self-referential stuff is great.

No, it's the SAME THING. Just do the same thing again, it worked the last time. Why change?

:-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Guardians of the Galaxy - Par.  I enjoyed it but only at par level.

The Skeleton Twins - with Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader.  Par.  Warning, Very serious movie, not a comedy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Guardians of the Galaxy - Par.  I enjoyed it but only at par level.

Blasphemy!!!!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter