IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

We watched Here Alone, I wish I had an extra set of hands so I could give that movie four thumbs down!

That's not our rating system here. So… that's a quadruple bogey? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched "CHIPS" last night, almost Par.  If you can get through the first 15 minutes without turning it off, there are some pretty hilarious parts.  If you're expecting a Oscar worthy film, don't bother.  Plus any movie with Vincent D'Onofrio in it, is worth a watch.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

23 hours ago, iacas said:

That's not our rating system here. So… that's a quadruple bogey? :-)

Lol! I've shot worse....it had all the ingredients to be a very good movie but in my opinion never got there. Let's call it a hard earned double that we were happy wasn't worse. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

Atomic Blonde - par on a short par 4 where you hit driver to 6 inches and 3 putted, so disappointing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 7/10/2017 at 5:54 PM, nevets88 said:

20th anniversary of Contact. Eagle. I love this movie.

That right there is an incredible movie. Just stellar. 

Colin P.

Inglorious Basterds - Birdie Throughly entertained with the movie.  

Final Girl - Almost a bogey, had some good parts, Abagail Breslin :dance:, too many unanswered questions to get a better score.

Dark Matter - ScyFy show, just started watching the series, good so far.  Wish they were still doing Firefly, but this is a pretty good so far.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

May be a little off topic. But here it goes.

Growing up, I was a big fan of the TV western series The Rifleman.

I watched a few episodes the last few weeks.

And I tell ya. That series could use remastering.......it's looking a little rough.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

On 7/8/2017 at 6:20 PM, jsgolfer said:

Been on a zombie movie kick. Although these weren't undead, more like the movie The Crazies.

watched Open Grave-Par

not bad, no serious blood and guts. But pretty suspenseful at times. I've seen worse movies.

I hope SHAUN OF THE DEAD and ZOMBIELAND were part of your zombiethon.  Birdie/eagle territory for both.

THE BIG SICK - birdie.  Atypical indie-ish romcom that uniquely delivered for the genre, some really funny stuff, and a great cast.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

2 hours ago, wannabe said:

I hope SHAUN OF THE DEAD and ZOMBIELAND were part of your zombiethon.  Birdie/eagle territory for both.

THE BIG SICK - birdie.  Atypical indie-ish romcom that uniquely delivered for the genre, some really funny stuff, and a great cast.

As I had already seen Zombieland and Shaun of the Deaf about 10 times each, I've been binging on zombie movies I've never seen. I'd give both Eagles. In fact my tagline is from Zombieland. Enjoy the Little Things. 

-Jerry

Logan - Par. Good acting, but I think they are running out of ideas. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This is going to be so... funny.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

• Administrator

Par.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rewatched Minority Report, Gattaca, Children of Men in a theater, all eagles. Nice to see them as they were meant to be viewed, 35mm. 

Steve