IGNORED

What are you Reading Right Now?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have to say I'm not overly enthused about the Winds Of Winter. I think if GRRM wants the book to be written quicker, QUIT WRITING SO MUCH ABOUT THE DAMNED FOOD! I really struggled to finish the last book in the series.

Boiled leather, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a little of a slog towards the end. I enjoyed Kafka and Bird Chronicles. I think his style of storytelling started to wear on me.

Summer beach reading - The Ghostwriter, Fatherland. Enjoy Harris' thrillers.

Hmm, I'll see. I am just halfway through part 1 and I really like it a lot so far.

• 2 weeks later...
"This Side of Paradise"-F. Scott Fitzgerald.

[quote name="RJH999" url="/t/71134/what-are-you-reading-right-now/200_40#post_1157288"]The Great Gatsby. Classic.[/quote] Now on to The Beautiful and Damned! :-D F. Scott Fitzgerald is probably my favorite author :-P

Riley

Working on a novel and I just read a long report about what would happen to the world if deterrence no longer worked and Russia or the US decided to start a nuclear war.

Here's some tidbits:

One Russian ICBM has more megatons of TNT than have been detonated by every bomb ever used the history of world warfare. They possess several thousand in their arsenal.

If 1/10 of all worldwide nukes reached their targets during a war, 80% of the ozone layer would be wiped out, every human being within a 50 mile radius of a nuclear strike would be killed immediately or slowly over time due to radiation fallout unless they were secured in a highly fortified radiation-proof bomb shelter.

Direct sunlight would become lethal after a few hours of exposure because the penetration of ultraviolet light would increase substantially. A day at the beach would either ensure you would get skin cancer or literally cook you depending on the temperature and UV level. I guess golf in Phoenix in the month of June would be a bad idea!

Sobering stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard Cornwell - The Empty Throne - I really like most of Cornwell's books but the last two books I've read in this " Saxon Stories" series have been disappointing.

Tina Fey - Bossy Pants - Not funny and not very informative about working on SNL and 30 Rock. The feminist bits were good though.

Caitlin Doughty - Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons From The Crematory - If you like her "Ask the Mortician" youtube videos then you'll like this book.

I finished Girl with the Dragon Tattoo , and give a birdie. Now I've gone back in time and am reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and other short stories by Washington Irving. I'll tackle the rest of the Millenium Trilogy after that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I finished Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and give a birdie. Now I've gone back in time and am reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and other short stories by Washington Irving. I'll tackle the rest of the Millenium Trilogy after that.

Did you see the movie, US & non-US version (trilogy).   If so, was the book better or worse?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

@rkim291968 I have not seen the movies yet, but want to. I heard the U.S. Version was good. I will report back on the comparison with the book.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Finally started on Gaiman's American Gods. Procrastinated reading this for years but with TV show coming, want to finish before show starts. Only 250 pages in so far and it's delightfully bizzare.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Finally started on Gaiman's American Gods. Procrastinated reading this for years but with TV show coming, want to finish before show starts. Only 250 pages in so far and it's delightfully bizzare.

I've been halfway done that book for about two years now. Maybe it's time to finish it.

Corey

Just waiting for my copy of Chickenhawk by Robert Mason to arrive. Ive researched WWI and WWII as much as poss and have become interested in Vietnam. Totally different in terms of Politics and reasons so should be interesting,

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Just waiting for my copy of Chickenhawk by Robert Mason to arrive. Ive researched WWI and WWII as much as poss and have become interested in Vietnam. Totally different in terms of Politics and reasons so should be interesting,

we were soilders was an amazing book i would recommend

Just finished The Catcher In The Rye and in the middle of three SK books for some reason. Desperation, The Running Man and Christine.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes and "A Rumor of War" by Philip Caputo are both good books on the soldier experience of Vietnam war. I read them about 5 years ago so I kind of confuse them with each other.

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. Multiple plots coming together involving 9/11 and government spies mainly.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Mastering Golf's Mental Game By Dr. Michael Lardon.  So far I like it.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Note: This thread is 1394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!