IGNORED

It's raining...how do you guys do it???????????????

mrbillinoc
Note: This thread is 3706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This was (I hope it's over now) some storm! It's rained heavily (by our standards at least) for about 48 hours now. Good news is we only have one small roof leak. Also, puddles are fun for all ages...

We needed rain badly. We had lighting, thunder, with strong winds, with side ways blowing rain..Was nice for a change.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We needed rain badly. We had lighting, thunder, with strong winds, with side ways blowing rain..Was nice for a change.

Yea, seriously, good for you guys. I heard the drought is really bad out there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Rain. . . I was going to video some swings today with my son, but kept getting text flash flood warnings. We went to the covered range and heard thunder in the distance, no video today.

What a coincidence, I was going to video swings with my mother today. We didn't get as far as the semi-covered range. Maybe tomorrow. The funny thing is, two years ago at this time, this would have been desirable weather for me. Now I want it to be dry.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I live near San Diego...golf 4 or 5 days a week year round...today it's raining and I'm staring out the window thinking about a wasted day. You guys back East that have real winters with snow...how do you do it?????????

I'm strangling you right now dude, can you feel it? I'm choking the life out of you for complaining about a little rain while there is nearly 3 feet of snow piled up in my yard and it's 20* outside!!!!

Phhhheeeewww! OK, I'm calming down now!!!!!

I live in Upstate NY because that is where my beautiful wife is from and she begged me to live here so you do what you do for the ones that you love the most. March is always a tough month because winter is coming to an end but it's still a few weeks away. Thankfully we have a golf dome in my area and I hit balls twice a week so the golf season(technically) never ends for me. I also have an area in my basement that I chip and putt so I do what I can to keep it going.

To be completely honest I don't really mind the winters because it is my time to totally focus on my golf swing and prepare for the upcoming season. I normally shoot my lowest scores of the year from April through May!

As far as the rain is concerned, buy a gortex rain suit and "Go Play"!!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I'm strangling you right now dude, can you feel it? I'm choking the life out of you for complaining about a little rain while there is nearly 3 feet of snow piled up in my yard and it's 20* outside!!!!

Phhhheeeewww! OK, I'm calming down now!!!!!

I live in Upstate NY because that is where my beautiful wife is from and she begged me to live here so you do what you do for the ones that you love the most. March is always a tough month because winter is coming to an end but it's still a few weeks away. Thankfully we have a golf dome in my area and I hit balls twice a week so the golf season(technically) never ends for me. I also have an area in my basement that I chip and putt so I do what I can to keep it going.

To be completely honest I don't really mind the winters because it is my time to totally focus on my golf swing and prepare for the upcoming season. I normally shoot my lowest scores of the year from April through May!

As far as the rain is concerned, buy a gortex rain suit and "Go Play"!!!!!

LOL.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

I think it would be better if they didn't get the entire months rain in two days though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think it would be better if they didn't get the entire months rain in two days though.

I agree, but it's still better than no rain at all.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by billchao

More like our entire year. B-)

We might get a few more storms, and I'm sure the billion dollar emergency drought fund money will still be used for the same purposes as designed before the rains even though they are now irrelevant.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

More like our entire year. B-) We might get a few more storms, and I'm sure the billion dollar emergency drought fund money will still be used for the same purposes as designed before the rains even though they are now irrelevant.

Irrelevant??? You think one storm magically ended the drought? This reminds me of the baseball announcer who proclaims that the shortstop just "ended" his 1-31 slump with that hit. Sorry bud, 2-32 isn't much better. ;) The snowpak in the mountains and the farmers in the valley still need a lot more help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

More like our entire year.

We might get a few more storms, and I'm sure the billion dollar emergency drought fund money will still be used for the same purposes as designed before the rains even though they are now irrelevant.

Irrelevant??? You think one storm magically ended the drought?

This reminds me of the baseball announcer who proclaims that the shortstop just "ended" his 1-31 slump with that hit. Sorry bud, 2-32 isn't much better. ;)

The snowpak in the mountains and the farmers in the valley still need a lot more help.

Yeah, we are in a serious shortfall and are at roughly 30% of the average rainfall with the two storms. The report in the drought website contradicts other data. The emergency funds assumed we would be at a much lower percentage. There is some political motivation to keep the numbers that low as well.

Yes, the water is very low. I had been noticing it the last seven years traveling up and down our state, and the government did nothing about it till it got to emergency levels. Our political system does not look at any issue until it becomes a serious problem they can't ignore.

None of the proposals in this newly allocated fund included a serious look at researching economically feasible desalinization methods. They depend upon private investments to solve this issue.

Santa Barbara shut down a project about a decade ago, because we had a lot of rainfall for a few years.

Hope we get more rain, to make up for the short sightedness of our government who are blind to anything beyond 4 years.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, we are in a serious shortfall and are at roughly 30% of the average rainfall with the two storms. The report in the drought website contradicts other data. The emergency funds assumed we would be at a much lower percentage. There is some political motivation to keep the numbers that low as well.

Yes, the water is very low. I had been noticing it the last seven years traveling up and down our state, and the government did nothing about it till it got to emergency levels. Our political system does not look at any issue until it becomes a serious problem they can't ignore.

None of the proposals in this newly allocated fund included a serious look at researching economically feasible desalinization methods. They depend upon private investments to solve this issue.

Santa Barbara shut down a project about a decade ago, because we had a lot of rainfall for a few years.

Hope we get more rain, to make up for the short sightedness of our government who are blind to anything beyond 4 years.

Yes it would be nice to get the needed rain but then it just allows the government the opportunity to pass it on a few more years, though I know it would be painful for some to endure but a sizable drought may be just what we need in order to get some of the projects this state needs for water to finally get done, the population in CA is still growing and all it does is just make it more difficult to deal with later versus now.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Okay. If this holds up, I can get to the range and get some videos. Unfortunately, I discovered on Friday that I have a headlight out, so I need to get to the Pep Boys first and get that fixed. Otherwise, I have to wait until the end of next week.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

More like 2-3 months.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

More like 2-3 months.

I guess it depends upon the year. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Well, darn. The range isn't open today. "My swing (Shindig)" is going to have to wait until Friday it seems.

-- Michael | My swing! 

First Tee was canceled. It's pouring in the hills.

My son and I are going to try the covered range again.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Actually, I have no idea how to play in the wet. Haven't done it in years.

But my guess is that you grip down slightly  and stay aggressive in your swing. Get passive and you end up with fat shots.

I'd also stay dry ... Carl's Golfland has the Nike HyperAdapt Jacket in Black for $177 - $100 off. You might not wear it often but you only have to buy it once. And when you need it, you need it. And rain gloves ... get those, too, and a bucket hat, and some DWR Spray like ReviveX.

I'd like to get to Bandon Dunes some time ... and Nov-April is typically the more economical time to go ... with rain gear.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Actually, I have no idea how to play in the wet. Haven't done it in years.

But my guess is that you grip down slightly  and stay aggressive in your swing. Get passive and you end up with fat shots.

I'd also stay dry ... Carl's Golfland has the Nike HyperAdapt Jacket in Black for $177 - $100 off. You might not wear it often but you only have to buy it once. And when you need it, you need it. And rain gloves ... get those, too, and a bucket hat, and some DWR Spray like ReviveX.

I'd like to get to Bandon Dunes some time ... and Nov-April is typically the more economical time to go ... with rain gear.

Beautiful, but really expensive any time of the year.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!