IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I just walked outside and nearly got knocked on my butt. Apparently it's gusting to 45mph today.

It was definitely interesting, haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The course I played yesterday was in full in season condition other than no leaves on budding trees. Crazy because none of the others in the area are even close. The only complaint I had was greens were slower than usual. It's a private club with fast, even greens. Yesterday it was a little fuzzy.

Dave :-)

Well we may be done with snow this year, and we only have the shrinking snowbanks left, but when I called my local course to ask when they thought the course itself would be open for play I got a slightly discouraging answer....3 weeks or so.... which means it will be around the second week of May :(  Though once it's open I'll be playing 2 days a week plus on the weekends!

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

I have played three rounds to date and have yet to play in less that 25 MPH winds. One of the rounds was a steady 40 MPH the whole day. Tough to get a feel.

Bill M

Well we may be done with snow this year, and we only have the shrinking snowbanks left, but when I called my local course to ask when they thought the course itself would be open for play I got a slightly discouraging answer....3 weeks or so.... which means it will be around the second week of May :(  Though once it's open I'll be playing 2 days a week plus on the weekends!

We are in a similar situation in Atlantic Canada. The snow is melting quickly, but it will be at least 3 weeks until we're golfing in the cities. A couple of courses are open about 2 and a half hours away. Not sure I'll make the drive though.

Will W

We're finally out of the Old Man's clutches here on LI, earlier than last season which is nice, two rounds in and loving life, a bit wild but making good contact, I am depressed no more.

We're finally out of the Old Man's clutches here on LI, earlier than last season which is nice, two rounds in and loving life, a bit wild but making good contact, I am depressed no more.

Now it just needs to dry out so I don't get punished so badly for hitting fat shots. Sunken Meadow last weekend was too much Sunken, not enough Meadow haha

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Well more snow yesterday, today and tomorrow. Sheesh. I guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Well more snow yesterday, today and tomorrow. Sheesh. I guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Courses up north will be open. No snow here just rain. If the sun peeks out tomorrow I will be out.

Glad I'm in DC this weekend! Have a round lined up for tomorrow. Enjoy the snow and cold, suckers.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Glad I'm in DC this weekend! Have a round lined up for tomorrow. Enjoy the snow and cold, suckers.

Geez, rub it in why don't you. :cry:

I guess I have to go more east and north towards Brighton.  But the forecast for tomorrow doesn't look good either.  Rainy/snow mixture and cold.

Don

I don't know what to believe. 9News is overly dramatic with their forecast talking like we are in the midst of a catastrophic blizzard, all their graphics are from mountain towns covered in snow. I was south last night on a trip to Ikea and there was some snow down there but not much. But up here just drizzle and a little wind. My iPhone weather says 57 tomorrow. WeatherBug says 51 and the news drama queens are hiding in a end of days bunker somewhere.

Whatever it is rain or shine I need to be out there. We start league next Wed. and I am playing crap golf. I really need a tune up lesson but my instructor isn't doing anything until next month.

Geez, rub it in why don't you.

I guess I have to go more east and north towards Brighton.  But the forecast for tomorrow doesn't look good either.  Rainy/snow mixture and cold.

You don't want to know what the weather forecast is, either. :-P

My wife tells me that there is some snow sticking on the ground where we live (west side of Denver). Doesn't sound like much of a golfing weekend to me.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

No. I'm near Genese and we have about 14" of snow. Drove into work and looks like no golf this weekend near Denver area. I guess I'll have to go north to play like @Dave2512 says.

Don

@Dave2512 information.

Fortunately, the snow seems to be melting fast here as well.  I will have to call in the morning tomorrow.

Don

Is this thread still going?    Sheesh......  I live in the Midwest where it's cold, and it was 75-80 degrees today when I played golf.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch