IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I'm playing Tuesday, 30* to 40*. I know not a record setter, but the wind could be anywhere from a light breeze to ridiculous... down at the shore. Then over the holiday's, we're down  in North Carolina. Who knows? 30's to 70's. Then we're back in Ct. and it's at the indoor place until spring. ~Tom B.

Wish there was an indoor place here. Only option is a crappy simulator at the pro shop.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Played what I imagine will be the last round of 2013 on 12/4.  After a period of freezing temperatures we had a brief warm up to 50 degrees or so.  There is often the odd period in mid-winter when we have a 3-4 day period of unusually warm weather and once a decade or so we have a winter like 2011-2012.  Typically, however, there is little golf played in SE Michigan until March.

Time to start planning a trip south to warmer climes.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had our first snow fall yesterday so I"m guessing that's a sign that its time to put the clubs away. Can't complain, though, we've had a pretty mild fall here so I had the chance to play a lot more in November then I was expecting.

Finally broke down and gave the clubs a really good cleaning and put them away for winter. :( Will keep the practice clubs in the car for any unseasonably warm days though.

~Justin

Keep a couple of golf balls in your pocket and they don't break.

Seriously...pocket warming isn't enough.   I've shattered enough balls over the years to know better.  Modern balls really get brittle....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Suppose to be in the 50's today.  Hopefully all the snow will be gone by the end of the day, so I can play either tomorrow or on the weekend.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Hey...keep it in your pocket and it wont break....LOL..that's BS....

You have a crap attitude.

Try switching balls every hole, or do what it takes to keep the ball at a decent temperature

If that doesn't work, keep your balls closer to your balls.   That'd work. ;-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Suppose to be in the 50's today.  Hopefully all the snow will be gone by the end of the day, so I can play either tomorrow or on the weekend.

Got into the 40s here. Hoping for the same thing.

~Justin

Whenever I think I have it bad, I remind myself that it can be worse!!

At least I don't live here!!

................somebody always has it worse........LOL

Hello?

It's always deeper somewhere else...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

It's minus 12 Celsius and snowing so I called the course and cancelled ;-) got a new tee time - in April...........:~(

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Winter in Ohio is bad enough, but my place of business closed it's doors 2 weeks ago so now I'm out of a job too. Pass the pistol please. :-( Anybody up for a swim? My pool's there somewhere.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Winter in Ohio is bad enough, but my place of business closed it's doors 2 weeks ago so now I'm out of a job too.

Been there. Two different times and 18 years apart I lost really good jobs that I thought would be there until retirement.

Things usually work out OK and sometimes for the best.

Good luck.

Been there. Two different times and 18 years apart I lost really good jobs that I thought would be there until retirement. Things usually work out OK and sometimes for the best. Good luck.

Thanks. I do have an interview on Wednesday.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Last few days were in the 40s, so I got to get out and swn the clubs a little bit one day. Sadly, it was back in single digits today.

~Justin

Playing tomorrow, :beer: , supposed to be close to 60 here in No. Virginia.  Can't wait, been having Golf withdrawals!!!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Any other fellow NC'inians on the board? Guess we have it pretty decent...winter weather on any given day can be from 20s-70s...its pretty insane how up and down it can be in a weeks timeframe. Earlier this week was 40s, this weekend is 70s, then early next week back to 40s lol! I have already played 4 times this month. With work during the week my only options are Saturday and Sunday (as im sure is the same w a lot of you) so I just sit up all night and pray those "warmer" days happen on the weekend. The real kick in the N*$'s is when its high 60s and sunny on a wed while im slaving away in the office and the approaching weekend is 30s and raining.

How to beat the winter woes:

• Attend your local golf shop's Christmas party. You might win something really cool in a raffle.
  • Hit the gym: Work on strengthening your hip flexors and increasing lower back flexibility so you can start quick in March.
  • Get  your income tax done by Valentine's Day so you can chart your "discretionary funds" for the coming year.
  • Act for the future! Don't waste time reading things like Winter Depression Thread :-(

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag