IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I second that sentiment!!!!!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here in northern WI we have not had a lot of snow.  There might be around 6'' on the ground outside my house right now.  In some places less.

This is good and bad.  Good because I don't have to shovel.  Bad because we have had cold weather and the frost is driving down deeper than normal.  Starting to hear about frozen pipes/sewers/etc...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

This was supposed to be my first year as a snowbird. I got to Florida and came down with gout so bad from the heat and dehydration that I couldn't play golf for two or three weeks, finally got a couple of rounds in but my daughter, who is in college in Boston, became ill and so I had to return north where I have spent the past two weeks in Boston at hospital cooped up inside while she recovers from surgery. I will probably go back to Florida for a week to close the place up as soon as she is doing well enough that my wife and I don't have to take shifts watching her.  She slept through the night last night, so that's a good sign.

This summer cannot come soon enough for me. I am going to drag my daughter along to play with me, even if she only drops a ball on the green and putts at first. She needs to find some kind of exercise that is not too demanding but gets her moving and building strength.

Next year, I am going to head down at the beginning of November and stay till April 1st, God willing, and post no end of pictures of beautiful courses. Here's one of a par three in Palm Beach I played with my wife and in-laws to get started. Expect more next winter on the never to die depression thread.

UGH!

Yeah, UGH is right. Those are some pretty difficult shots. If you can hit those tire tracks you should get some serious roll. I think the roof of the expensive looking SUV is perfect for a lob or flop shot, but still doable. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Reminds me of my bruv's old place in Brooklyn. Never been more claustrophobic in my whole life.

Where do you live?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Made a trip to Kittyhawk GC today to check out their new indoor practice facilities. This is a depressing scene. We usually start playing the week after the clocks roll forward. I felt guilty submitting under the agreement that I was not uploading offensive material.

- Shane

Made a trip to Kittyhawk GC today to check out their new indoor practice facilities. This is a depressing scene. We usually start playing the week after the clocks roll forward.

I know what you mean. I visited my brother over Thanksgiving and played the Eagle. Your picture says it all, but take heart... I checked weather.com and the next 10 days have temperatures in the 40°'s and 50°'s.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Made a trip to Kittyhawk GC today to check out their new indoor practice facilities. This is a depressing scene. We usually start playing the week after the clocks roll forward.

I felt guilty submitting under the agreement that I was not uploading offensive material.

That looks really nice. I have to travel 400 miles to Susanville in NorCal to see beautiful scenery like that. . .and I would bring lots of orange golf balls and a 6i!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Troy, OH. I also spend a few days a week in the bustling metropolis of Beavercreek, OH.

Yah, don't think I could live in a community with only 25,000 (or thereabouts) people. It would feel too dead, IMO. It's probably a good thing we each don't live where the other does, haha.

Christian

Yah, don't think I could live in a community with only 25,000 (or thereabouts) people. It would feel too dead, IMO.

I'm a midwest guy and love the availability of any number of courses that we have. I have relatives living in NYC and have wondered where people go to play at a reasonable cost. Any thoughts?

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I'm a midwest guy and love the availability of any number of courses that we have. I have relatives living in NYC and have wondered where people go to play at a reasonable cost. Any thoughts?

No doubt about it. I can roll out of bed on any Saturday morning and play any of 20 courses in an hour's drive with no tee time. Almost always for $50 or less.

I've tried to picture schlepping my golf bag across subway platforms and I think I'll pass.

Well, it depends on your definition of reasonable but from the courses I've played, you have Van Cortland, Split Rock and Pelham Bay in the Bronx are all good courses that you can play for $30-$50 walking. In Queens, the Clearview golf course is pretty good with a par of 70, and Douglaston and Kissena golf courses short courses with Pars in the mid-60's. I'm not that big a fan of Douglaston or Kissena because of the lack of par 5's but that's just me. Then there are a mess of courses all over Long Island that are really nice with different price points depending on what you feel comfortable spending. All in all, lots of great options, IMO.

Christian

Warm weather in Pittsburgh, time to break out the under armour and play in 40 degree weather. Anything feels warm after the negatives we've had as of late