IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

The cure for Winter Depression...

a clubgasm...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I probably shouldnt type this but we had a record high for this time of year yesterday of 74 degrees here in the Bay Area. What winter???

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Today is January 15th.  Been thinking about the calendar milestones leading up to golf season when you live in NE Ohio:

1.  Dec 22.  The day when daylight hours begin getting longer again.

2.  January 1st.  It's a new golf year.

3.  Ground Hog Day.  It is now February.

4;  Pitchers and catchers report to spring training 3rd week of February

5.  The SI Swimsuit Edition comes out in March, if I remember correctly

6.  St Patrick's Day.  It's still cold, windy and snowing possibly in NE Ohio

7.  April 1st.  Some 'fools' are out playing already.  The diehards.

8.  My golf league starts 3rd Thursday of April.  It could rain, or it could snow.  Sometimes we see both during week's 1-4.

9.  The Masters.  This is the signal that golf season is really here.

10. Memorial Day.  Again, it could be raining at mid-40s or sunny and 70.  You just don't know.  Expect the best and plan for the worst.  Sadly, 'worst' is what we usually get.

God willing I can pry my wife from from NE Ohio so we can move to a location and climate where winter only lasts 3 months a year instead of 6-8 months like we get around these parts.

Literally, our first snow in NE Ohio in 2013 arrived October 15th.  If you consider it can and DOES still snow in May, that means it can snow here EIGHT months out of each calendar year!

COME ON WARM WEATHER!!!!!

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Looking on the bright side:

At least it was still light enough to hit some golf balls in the yard this afternoon at 5:00 o'clock. Couldn't have done that a few weeks ago.

A covering of snow this morning but at least it's gone now.

It was 45* when I got home from work and the snow has melted.

Put my new net and mat to good use and hit some balls and tried making an adjustment @mvmac suggested.  Felt awkward and didn't hit the ball very well but I rarely do so that's not a surprise.  Haha.

Felt great to be able to hit some balls, though!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

The Lions have to figure out how to get rid of the "Curse of Bobby Layne."

It's now 55 years and counting.

NOTE: The Lions are the only NFC team never to have played in the Super Bowl.

That is not true.  Even though the Seahawks played in the AFC for most of their existence, they are a NFC team who never has played in the Super Bowl even though I think that string will break this year!!   I'm not a fan, but I am rooting for them to make it this year.  I'm pulling for a Seahawks/Broncos Super Bowl...with a Manning/Bronco win........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

That is not true.  Even though the Seahawks played in the AFC for most of their existence, they are a NFC team who never has played in the Super Bowl even though I think that string will break this year!!   I'm not a fan, but I am rooting for them to make it this year.  I'm pulling for a Seahawks/Broncos Super Bowl...with a Manning/Bronco win........

????

The Seahawks lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, no??

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XL

LOL...no kidding?  I guess that one slipped my memory...LOL  That must have been Big Bens first SB win when the BUS was still there!

Don't even get me started on my Cleveland Brownies!  Sheesh....the light at the end of their tunnel is nowhere in sight!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

Got out and hit some balls the other day!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I'm going bowling tomorrow...... ;-)

What's in Paul's Bag:

I was hoping the weather forecast would be wrong and I could play today but not going to happen.

Damned weathermen! When they forecast that it's going to be warm enough they are always wrong and when they forecast it's going to be too cold they are always right.

New grips on my clubs and I can't even play...Maybe tomorrow.

It is frickin' snowing here in Boston.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It is frickin' snowing here in Boston.

And it's thick, wet snow.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7