IGNORED

Cary Schoen and The Lower Body Lie That Is Devastating Golf (Troll Thread)

ZeroComp
Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tick, tick, tick, tick......

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

please lock this abortion of a thread.

Colon, It's cool. Everybody's cool. We're just discussing how the average golfer hasn't improved in 40 years even though the modern equipment has dramatically changed the game at the top level

• Administrator

Colon,

It's cool. Everybody's cool. We're just discussing how the average golfer hasn't improved in 40 years even though the modern equipment has dramatically changed the game at the top level

That statement is untrue on two levels.

1. You're not discussing anything.
  2. http://thesandtrap.com/t/35971/what-the-usga-and-club-manufacturers-dont-want-you-to-know/18#post_463168

Real subtle mis-spelling of a member's username, Cary.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Another washed out wanna-be pro, turned instructor, that claims to have discovered some secret to the golf swing shows up here trying to sell something under the guise of wanting intelligent discussion.....YAWN. :sleep:

Cary, you're a much better fit on wrx than here, the instructors here understand the golf swing and how to teach, seems to be two areas you are severely lacking in.

Joe Paradiso

Colon,

It's cool. Everybody's cool. We're just discussing how the average golfer hasn't improved in 40 years even though the modern equipment has dramatically changed the game at the top level

That average golfer has gotten taller and has much better dental hygiene.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

They're also able to access more information more quickly, and are less likely to mistake a picture of rocks for "serious discussion."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

They're also able to access more information more quickly, and are less likely to mistake a picture of rocks for "serious discussion."

Who can argue with these facts?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Another washed out wanna-be pro, turned instructor, that claims to have discovered some secret to the golf swing shows up here trying to sell something under the guise of wanting intelligent discussion.....YAWN.  :sleep: Cary, you're a much better fit on wrx than here, the instructors here understand the golf swing and how to teach, seems to be two areas you are severely lacking in.

Wow Newtogolf, An instructor that has a competitive background, playing in 300 professional golf tournaments before beginning their full time teaching career is a bad thing ??? Also, what about my swing theories implies that I don't understand the golf swing ? and how in the world have you already gleaned that I don't know how to teach ? I have some students doing pretty well in competitive environments Also, what have I tried to SELL ? I just wanted to have a discussion about the golf swing and why each year lesson takers don't improve ?

• Administrator
Also, what have I tried to SELL ? I just wanted to have a discussion about the golf swing and why each year lesson takers don't improve ?

My lesson takers improve (and they know why, and they continue to improve after the lesson as they continue to improve their priority piece(s)). You'll find several people here who have taken lessons from me, or @mvmac , who have improved, even via online lessons, which are difficult for both the student and the instructor. And you've clearly missed the post above about how golfers are or aren't improving, despite the fact that the majority don't take lessons.

Also, what have I tried to SELL ? I just wanted to have a discussion about the golf swing and why each year lesson takers don't improve ?

Then do it already.

This post was very close to garnering your second warning.

Wow Newtogolf,

An instructor that has a competitive background, playing in 300 professional golf tournaments before beginning their full time teaching career is a bad thing ???

Also, what about my swing theories implies that I don't understand the golf swing ? and how in the world have you already gleaned that I don't know how to teach ? I have some students doing pretty well in competitive environments

Also, what have I tried to SELL ? I just wanted to have a discussion about the golf swing and why each year lesson takers don't improve ?

Well, I can't speak for @newtogolf , but, you really haven't shared much of what your swing theories are for us to know whether or not you understand the swing. With regards to the idea that you don't know how to teach, I'll put it like this; if you think what you've been doing here is discussion then your communications skills are severely lacking, which is a key skill to be a good teacher.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Also, what about my swing theories implies that I don't understand the golf swing ? and how in the world have you already gleaned that I don't know how to teach ? I have some students doing pretty well in competitive environments

No one knows what your swing theories are because you are unable to articulate them.  All I know is that you've read TGM and probably don't like Grant Waite's swing.  You have yet to talk about the golf swing other than to ask me questions.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ok. I'll be good.

I'd like to DIRECTLY DISCUSS the role of the right hip in the golf swing:

Wow Newtogolf,

An instructor that has a competitive background, playing in 300 professional golf tournaments before beginning their full time teaching career is a bad thing ???

Pictures of shirtless golfers and rocks combined with numerous posts that contain little or zero content has led me to conclude you can't teach.  While you haven't hit us up with you sales pitch yet, that doesn't mean it's not coming.

I'm always happy to be proven wrong, so go ahead and share with us the wisdom you claim to have and stop wasting all our time with senseless pictures and posts.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroComp

The three main ways that golfers struggle with their downstroke pivot sequence are:

1) Overuse of the Lower Body

2) Wrong Sequence of Movement

3) Wrong Movement Direction

What do they do with their lower bodies?  What should they do with their lower bodies?  Why?

What sequence do they use?  What sequence should they use?  Why?

Which direction do they move?  What sequence should they move?  Why?

Many of the prescribed remedies that instructors offer to struggling golfers include:

1) Be more aggressive with the lower body

2) Transfer your weight sooner and get more on your left side at impact

3) Bump or slide your hips toward the target to initiate your downswing

Why are these bad things?  What should the player do instead?  Why do you say these as remedies problematic

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Wait, maybe we missed something-are those parts of your students hip bones? Because I keep staring at this picture and dont see any right hips or golf swings.[quote name="ZeroComp" url="/t/71453/the-lower-body-lie-that-is-devastating-golf/36#post_928636"] Ok. I'll be good. I'd like to DIRECTLY DISCUSS the role of the right hip in the golf swing: [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroComp

My lesson takers improve (and they know why, and they continue to improve after the lesson as they continue to improve their priority piece(s)). You'll find several people here who have taken lessons from me, or @mvmac, who have improved, even via online lessons, which are difficult for both the student and the instructor. And you've clearly missed the post above about how golfers are or aren't improving, despite the fact that the majority don't take lessons.

I am one of those students. I took only 3 live lessons over 2 months, and am driving the ball much farther and straighter than I ever imagined and getting much closer to the green on approach shots. I definitely do NOT overuse my lower body in MY swing.

The struggle was before taking lessons here. I had 8 months of unsuccessful lessons to eliminate the issues I had.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Wait, maybe we missed something-are those parts of your students hip bones? Because I keep staring at this picture and dont see any right hips or golf swings.

This is a trace of Ben Hogan's right hip in a 3d model called Blobman, developed by Gregg McHatton. The rock at the top right corner is his hip at address. Everybody please quit being so mean to me. I'm fragile

Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!