IGNORED

What Are Your 2014 Golf Goals? Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

UPDATED GOLF 2014 GOLF GOALS!!!

Objectivesfor 2013:
1. First official handicap - achieved and now at the lofty heights of 24.9
2. Round with two 3 putts - achieved 12/5/13
3. Four FIRs and GIRs, achieved 12/3/13
4. No lost balls in a round - achieved 19/5/13
5. Six 1 putts - achieved 12/10/13 at my clubs annual Masters competition (I came 11th).
6. Score under 100 - achieved 17/8/13
7. Enter first competition - achieved 6/4/13 (with a massive medal score of 116!)
8. Under 40 putts per round - achieved 30/3/13
9. Round with no quadruple bogies - achieved 27/10/13
10. First handicap drop - achieved 18/8/13
11. First chip in - achieved 20/5/13

Objectives for 2014
1. Handicap under 20
2. Score under 90 in a competition - achieved 13/9/14 (89!)
3. 5 FIRs and GIRs - achieved 29/6/14 (6FIR, 5GIR)
4. Under 30 putts - achieved 13/9/14 (28 putts, 8x1 putt, 11x2 putt)

5. Round with no three putts - achieved 13/9/14
5. First Eagle
6. Develop and reliable and consistent swing.

Objectives for when Hell freezes over
1. handicap under 10

2. Score under 80
2. Round at even par
3. Hole in one
4. Win my first competition - achieved....TWICE...a week after each other! :)

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1.  Ambitious but get to HI of 1. 2. Finish a tournament round.

Failed pretty bad on my goals this year. Hard to get better when you spend months of a short summer not able to stop the club face from shutting down with the driver. Got better with irons, but that was about it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

The rules are the same as they've been:

..Please try to post just once, though if you reach all of your goals, you should quote your post and revise them later in the year.

Well ...

1.  Get my handicap index back under 7, with the ultimate end of season goal of getting it under 6.

2.  Win another tournament, perhaps even 2. :)

3.  Keep playing and practicing as much as time, and my back, will allow.

I reached all of my goals!!  Even my most ambitious one of getting the handicap under 6!  Sooo ... why not get even more ambitious:

New and improved end of 2014 season goals:

1. Keep the handicap under 6.
  2. Get back to practicing a little more stupid monkey like (I've started getting a bit lazy and have been hitting too many balls, and also not doing any work at home).  I vow to fix that.
  3. My reach; get the handicap under 5. :bugout:
  • Upvote 1

Failed pretty bad on my goals this year. Hard to get better when you spend months of a short summer not able to stop the club face from shutting down with the driver. Got better with irons, but that was about it.

Not to worry. There's still 3 months left in the year. Plenty of time! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

With a hectic work schedule and a newborn child on the way in March, my goals for 2014 are going to be fairly modest, but we go anyway...

1. Maintain a single digit index all year. I am currently at my all-time low of 7.7 and I don't see that dropping significantly with increasing demands on my time. Nonetheless, I'd like to be able to continue to play consistently enough to stay in that 8-9 range.

2. Post 30 (or more) rounds this year. Without my wife throwing me out of the house, I should add. I'm currently playing about once a week, and I figure that cutting that in half is reasonable compromise, lol.

3. Shoot 75 or better on a regulation course. My all-time low is 76, which I've done 5 times. Would be great to shave a stroke (or two) off that in 2014.

4. Continue to play better "pressure" golf in tournaments, match play etc. Before last year, the biggest frustration I had with my game was that I consistently played worse than my index in tournament rounds. Simply put, I was a lousy pressure player. I turned a corner in 2013, starting with a match play tournament where I shot in the 70's twice and made it to the finals in my flight. I then proceeded to shoot a 76 (net 67) in our final men's club tournament of the season this December. On a day in which the course was set up very tough, it was the best net score by 3 strokes in a field of 150+ players.

So there you have it: My goals for 2014.

Congrats to @Golfingdad & I'm pleased to report that I have also reached all of my goals for 2014. I logged my 30th round in August and by shooting a 73 in my tournament last weekend, I pretty much took care of my other three goals.

My revised goal is simple - get my index below my previous low of 7.7. With a 1.8 differential that will be sitting with me for at least a few more months, a handful of good rounds for the rest of the year should be enough to do the trick!

Just started this summer and some goals that I set for myself are 1. Develope a better understanding of the game 2. Play at least twice a month 3. Have my ball used more than 3 times during a best ball fundraiser tourney that I'm playing with my best friends (October 18th) Those are just some of the many goals that I have set

My goal was to play more this year after some back issues. Accomplished that. Next was hit 50% or more fairways and I have accomplished that last few rounds. Big goals coming for 2015.

Some of my goals are about begin consistent with irons. If I use the Ping i20 clubs as my model, then I have met many of the goals.

1) This goal is now achieved. I still have bad drives, but my main shot is relatively straight or a slight draw and my carry is longer.

2) and )3 are met using Ping i20 clubs

4) is met

5) is partially met. Plowing through rough on pitch shots is not longer an issue.

6) is met

So, the reason why they will remain my goals is because I want to revise them to hitting the MP52 with the same consistency.

I just had the MP52 flattened to 1.5 degrees flat, and they perform much better. I still need to get used to them. I think they were 2 degrees upright. They were tweaked about 3.5 degrees. I tended to pull shots and shots would roll a long way even with the 8i. After the change, even range balls stopped close to the landing positions with the 8i,9i and PW. The 7i to 4i still roll, but not as much as before. Only tried it on the grass range. They also don't hurt my wrist on impact anymore.

I am working towards getting "3 keys", I am not at 2.25 yet, but feel like I am on the verge of being able to set a higher goal.

Not exactly correct , but I am working on trying to get to a solid 14 handicap. Failed pretty badly on two courses in FL, and hope to be ready for them within 3 months or so. The second goal was to break 85 on a regular basis, and that needs a qualifier of being on a >72/130 rated course. This might be a good goal for next year, as with all my ball striking goals.

The remainder of the year will be dedicated to my swing priorities. So, for now, I'll just enjoy what I have, and hope to improve my swing some more.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1- Handicap under 10 by August, and keep it there through all of September

2- Play at least 4 rounds per month from May to September

3- Submit at least 2 videos per month for evaluation and practice at least 5 hours per week specifically on the key points provided by the instructor

4- Play in 1 competition event to see where I REALLY stand as a golfer (til now, just social and informal)

Missed them all. Geez.

1. Handicap went up over 12.

2. Didn't play much this year, certainly not 4/month.

3. Stopped evolvr for the summer because I got too busy and felt that I had plenty to work on, but I did practice maybe 3 hours/week at the range using better practice techniques than I have used in the past. I did stay focused on all of the points that had been made on my swing in the lessons to date. I still can't get the club to flatten much at the start of the downswing.

4. Didn't even think about a competition.  Based on how I played today, that was wise. It could've been demoralizing if today was a competition. In truth, I'm demoralized already, because at the end of a summer, I really shouldn't be shooting a 55 after a good week of practice. I'd been swinging great at the range and the scores were gradually improving, and today caught me off guard. I was truly expecting to shoot sub-40 based on how things were trending. Bam- 55. I'm not sure what to think now, other than get back to evolvr over the winter.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 4 weeks later...

1. Hit more consistent shots.

2. Play smarter.

3. Consistently shoot in the 80's.

1. I've done fairly well with this. I can hit a draw or a fade pretty consistently when I want to, and had 10 GIR just a few weeks ago.

2. Most of the time, I've been smarter. Sometimes I have a lapse in judgment, but I'm generally planning around my misses and laying up instead of going for everything(especially when it's probably out of range anyway). Not going to count the 3w I topped TWICE instead of laying up and near-guaranteeing a birdie chance.

3. I think I only had a handful of rounds that weren't in the 80's this year. A few of those rounds didn't break 100, though.

So, I'm pretty happy with how I've played this year.

I'm hoping to break 80 in the next few weeks, or at least before it gets too cold.

My only goal for the year was to break 80. Hit it dead on 6 times, but no luck so far.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

My goals for 2014 are minimal as they are every year.   This year maybe even more so.....

First and foremost........have fun and enjoy the game!

2nd...play as much as possible!  I normally play 100+ rounds every year, but I don't know if I can in 2014.  I suppose I'd be OK with around 80.

3rd....try to not get much worse!!  I'll be very happy to keep my index in the 1's or low 2's. If I can end the year with an index below 3.....I will be content.  If it's in the 3's....I'll be mildly disappointed, but won't lose any sleep over it.  If it's 4 or higher...I may need to find something other than myself to blame.    If it's in the 5's or higher, I'll be looking up to see if the sky is falling.  LOL

I posted the above January 2014.  My golf season is never over until it snows, but my GHIN posting is10 days away from ending so I think it's close enough to give a re-cap of my 2014.

1....I did have fun and enjoy the game so.................check.  This year was a success in this regard

2. I am on pace for 100 rounds, so..........................check.  Mission 2 accomplished.

3. I did get worse.....started the year at 1.7 and I am 3.3 now trending 3.2.  It is what it is, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Overall.........It was a successful year because I still managed to log 100 rounds and not get "Too Much Worse"........... LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator

We will recap our goals in a separate thread. This isn't the place for it. Just let this thread go for another month or so, and then we'll have the 2014 recap and 2015 goals threads up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!