IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Glad youre back-But nobody "attacked you" and that is where you went wrong. YOu took people giving you GOOD ADVICE as an attack. [quote name="KyleAnthony" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/342#post_948444"]Golf is up and down for me and my release is golf. When people tell me how bad I am and start, what I feel is attacking me, it really gets to me. ... When I say I'm trying something and someone is telling me I'm doing it wrong and such but it's working for me I don't see the problem.[/quote] Good luck. If you want this thread to be a diary-I can go along with that. I can tell you the ending though.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So here's the back story on everything. Starting a business is hard and nearly financially draining. Golf is up and down for me and my release is golf. When people tell me how bad I am and start, what I feel is attacking me, it really gets to me. I'm having a hard time with some stuff and I'm not here to get tons and tones of advice and critique. Some tips and stuff are great. When I say I'm trying something and someone is telling me I'm doing it wrong and such but it's working for me I don't see the problem. Anywho I'll give this site another try because the advice is good for reference. I'll keep this thread on topic and as a "diary" as Erik mention so here we go

Shot an 87 at morongo with 31 putts. Had my closest chance and a hole in one. Rolled back and missed the cup by about 6 inches so that was cool. Shot a 94 at rancho california in the wind and rain. Have my third tournament tomorrow at Pelican Hill South course. I'll keep my progress listed.

Nice to see you haven't disappeared.

PM me the information on your business, I think we might be up for something during Spring Break.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Kyle- Glad your back, but i don't think anyone was telling you how bad you were, it's was more to temper you're enthusiasm to be a scratch golfer when we all know how difficult it is to reach that level?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Kyle.@, we are all rooting for you and very glad you're back. Good luck tomorrow! Ps I'm at the strand house right now, hammered drunk!!!

Golfingdad@. That's pretty funny. :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I [quote name="Jakester23" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/330#post_948446"]Good Luck bud.  I don't know if you read above about the putting drills but I think they work well.  I do about 20 putts one handed with each hand nothing outside of 15 feet. Then I throw a quarter down and putt at that instead of the hole for a while.  It makes the hole look huge. [/quote] I actually did try the one handed putting drills and it is really helping with distance control

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Thank you all for wishing me luck today

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

So what is the update? [quote name="KyleAnthony" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/360#post_948511"]Thank you all for wishing me luck today[/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

@KyleAnthony -So how did it go? If youre going to keep this as a blog or diary ya gotta update it.[quote name="KyleAnthony" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/360#post_948511"]Thank you all for wishing me luck today[/quote]

Guys we did not root hard enough.-He shot +3 and has not broken 100 in a tournament yet. Casts doubt on the 87s he shoots in his solo rounds if yer askin me. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/360#post_948474"]Kyle.@, we are all rooting for you and very glad you're back. Good luck tomorrow! [/quote] http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14218/contest/31/profile/khosch2/tresults.htm - @KyleAnthony give us an update?

Guys we did not root hard enough.-He shot +3 and has not broken 100 in a tournament yet.

Casts doubt on the 87s he shoots in his solo rounds if yer askin me.

http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14218/contest/31/profile/khosch2/tresults.htm -@KyleAnthony give us an update?

Maybe he deserves this maybe he does not.  How about we let it go Phil?

• Upvote 2

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Whats to let go? Im just asking him to do what he said he would do. Wish him nothing but the best-But he will be able to get his best if he takes what others have told him the way it was given.[quote name="cipher" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/360#post_949917"]Maybe he deserves this maybe he does not.  How about we let it go Phil? [/quote]

The 87's might be on a course he is real comfortable on. I can see the tourney pressure adding strokes. Also a new course could add a few more. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. In 2012 I had a 85 on a course is never played at that time that was my lowest score from the tips. So I can understand that some days it just goes good.

We cant really know without his feedback.-Im just waiting for his retelling, his 'Diary" entry so you say.[quote name="Jakester23" url="/t/71817/operation-scratch-2014/360#post_949925"]The 87's might be on a course he is real comfortable on. I can see the tourney pressure adding strokes. Also a new course could add a few more. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. In 2012 I had a 85 on a course is never played at that time that was my lowest score from the tips. So I can understand that some days it just goes good.[/quote]

Perhaps this thread should be scrapped or the title changed, so that it reflects a renewed purpose?  That way we can put these things in the proper context.

I think if a person is pursuing scratch, then the "tough love" is probably appropriate.  It seems like that's not the goal anymore, right?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator

Perhaps this thread should be scrapped or the title changed, so that it reflects a renewed purpose?  That way we can put these things in the proper context.

I think if a person is pursuing scratch, then the "tough love" is probably appropriate.  It seems like that's not the goal anymore, right?

I'd be willing to, but @KyleAnthony should get to tell us what title he'd like.

In the meantime, I've renamed it "Operation: Single Digits" as the last time he posted he said 7.9 was his new goal, IIRC.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good idea Erik. What's this Phil guy's problem? Kyle's life is not golf like your's is. He clearly said that scratch was not the immediate goal anymore. Maybe he doesn't have time to update this "diary" for some random golf teacher's muse, so quit harassing him to do so . . . your intentions to respond to his updates are irrelevant.

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!