IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note:Β This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Agree with everything said here. I didn't understand why Sadena would turn down the money the second time. She's proven that she is clearly in the upper third of the girls in the competition, and only has to beat one of 12 girls to advance. Absolute worst case is that she gets sent back home to play her tournaments with an extra $2500 in her pocket. Honestly, if I was in her position and felt like I was one of the top 3 in the competition, I'm taking the cash every time. If it's down to 3 or 4 people then maybe you think about taking immunity, but until then I'm taking the cash.

Mary's antics are so weak, but they somehow work so I guess I can't fault her. IΒ watch the show with my wife and told her that I bet every girl will stay on the "in" bench because they didn't want to piss her off. Sure enough, theyΒ did. I think only one took the "out".

Couldn't have been happier to see Courtney leave. She annoyed me as bad as any person can annoy someone. On top of that, I don't think she hit a good shot the entire show except for the glass challenge when she danced. The fact that she was dancing for not being in last place on the very first challenge told me everything I needed to know about her. I knew she would be an early exit.

Sadena and Jackie have to be the early favorites. Sadena has looked extremely solid. In fact, there are a handful of girls that seem to be really good players. I've been impressed with how consistently some of them can put the ball inside 8' from 100 yards or so, but at the same time have been amazed by the ones on the show that consistently can't get it in the circle from the same distance. I don't know why I'm surprised though, it's typical Big Break.

I think Sadena didn't take the money the 2nd time because she didn't want too big a target on her back.Β  Girls are catty, they would start whining about how she's already got $5,000 and they need to eliminate her.Β  I think it was a pure strategic / social game move to avoid the wrath from some inΒ the house.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sadena may have put a target on her back, but who cares? She is only playing against bottom 2 and she is definitely in top, keep your money you earned. Are you seriously going to give up $2500 to be safe from playing 15 handicap when you are 5? Also, the chicks at bottom probably would be afraid to pick her anyways, wouldn't be good strategy on their part.

Sadena may have put a target on her back, but who cares? She is only playing against bottom 2 and she is definitely in top, keep your money you earned.

Are you seriously going to give up $2500 to be safe from playing 15 handicap when you are 5?

Also, the chicks at bottom probably would be afraid to pick her anyways, wouldn't be good strategy on their part.

I agree. If I'm facing elimination, it's hard for me to justify picking the girl that has won both challenges and pocketed 5 grand as my opponent. Seems like at that point you are just asking for a ticket to go home. Now if I felt like I was one of the best and just had a bad challenge, it would make a statement to pick Sadena and send her home. Big risk for a big reward I suppose... After 2 episodes though I would say she is least likely to be picked for an elimination challenge, despite winning the money.

I do see your point though newtogolf. Trying to play it modest to avoid the target onΒ her back, but if she keeps proving that she's one of, if not the best in the competition then that target will grow on it's own. Might as well take the money along the way.

Sadena may have put a target on her back, but who cares? She is only playing against bottom 2 and she is definitely in top, keep your money you earned.

Are you seriously going to give up $2500 to be safe from playing 15 handicap when you are 5?

Also, the chicks at bottom probably would be afraid to pick her anyways, wouldn't be good strategy on their part.

I agree. If I'm facing elimination, it's hard for me to justify picking the girl that has won both challenges and pocketed 5 grand as my opponent. Seems like at that point you are just asking for a ticket to go home. Now if I felt like I was one of the best and just had a bad challenge, it would make a statement to pick Sadena and send her home. Big risk for a big reward I suppose... After 2 episodes though I would say she is least likely to be picked for an elimination challenge, despite winning the money.

I do see your point though newtogolf. Trying to play it modest to avoid the target onΒ her back, but if she keeps proving that she's one of, if not the best in the competition then that target will grow on it's own. Might as well take the money along the way.

While I agree with you guys - it probably wouldn't have been that hard for her to move on, considering the competition - just remember that you have had 2 or 3 days to make the decision and she only had a few minutes.Β  She even said she didn't really think much about it ... she just decided to go with her "first instinct."

While I agree with you guys - it probably wouldn't have been that hard for her to move on, considering the competition - just remember that you have had 2 or 3 days to make the decision and she only had a few minutes.Β  She even said she didn't really think much about it ... she just decided to go with her "first instinct."

And I can't fault her for that. If it didn't feel right then she did the right thing. The last thing she needed was to have that playing in the back of her mind during the following challenges when she's trying to avoid elimination. If the whole time she's thinking "I shouldn't even be in this challenge" then it could definitely have an effect on her performance.

For me personally though, I think it would have felt right to take the money :-D . She said herself when she took the first cash prize that she came here to play golf, so grab that money and let's play.

And I can't fault her for that. If it didn't feel right then she did the right thing. The last thing she needed was to have that playing in the back of her mind during the following challenges when she's trying to avoid elimination. If the whole time she's thinking "I shouldn't even be in this challenge" then it could definitely have an effect on her performance.

For me personally though, I think it would have felt right to take the money . She said herself when she took the first cash prize that she came here to play golf, so grab that money and let's play.

Yeah, I agree.Β  I also agree that I wanted to her to take it, just like I wanted her to take it the first time.

They really put the pressure on her though with the second one.Β  The first one, they at least waited until the next day to make the offer.Β  With both wads of cash, she could have bought only immunity for this week.

--------------------------------------

Totally unrelated:Β  It bugs me that the show is sponsored by a tobacco company.Β  That is all.

It's hard to know what the exact timing is but I'd imagine if this all occurred on the same day it was a bit awkward for Sadena.Β  The girls all watched her pocket $2500 before they started the challenge, then right after it, they all stop hitting on the range to watch what she does.

I agree that she should have taken the money, but if you put yourself in her spot, it had to feel really awkward.Β  Unless you are really arrogant or insensitive you would feel a bit self conscious about your unexpected good fortune while most of the girls were struggling to not be eliminated, which I'm sure was done intentionally by the producers to create drama.

Long term it's poor strategy because as you all said, she already has a target on her back and the other girlsΒ see her as a threat.Β  I wouldn't be surprised if she is already feeling a bit isolated.

Joe Paradiso

Is it just me but half way through this past week got a bit boring?

Mike M.

IronsΒ G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome,Β 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Am i the only 1 who cant stand Mary and thinks she needs to get Eliminated?

No! She's hilarious. I usually cheer for the cute ones but I want her or sadena to win. Or that sexy blonde one

Lauren! :wub: Sadly, her game isn't going to hold up.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MXΒ 23 5-6Β w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PWΒ w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-ForgedΒ 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Big break breaking news! Mary is Bigfoot!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Mary talks a big game, she also seems easily ruffled which I think could be her downfall, if I was those chicks I would keep picking her, it will break her down.

My 2 cents after episode 2:

Mary was my least favorite player after week 1, but I have a lot more respect for her after week 2.Β Β  I loved her comments when she was chosen for the elimination challenge!!Β  Some of you didn't like her comments..............well, I loved it!Β Β  She is gaining more respect in my eyes.Β Β She is a competitor!!Β  Β She then backed it up (her talk) and dominated the other girls.....

As for the lumber approach for the 1 girlΒ to lay up to 110yds on a short par5.......well, she only hit her driver about 200yds!Β Β  Some of these players are very weak.Β  I'm a little disappointed with the level of competition because I wasn't impressed with most of the girls.Β Β  After Mary was safe.....the 2 remaining girls should have both been eliminated for SUKKING at golf.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Finally watched the first two episodes last night on my dvr, so I can now participate in this thread. With that, I'm wondering if we're watching the same show cause there ain't a looker in this bunch!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Β 

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Finally watched the first two episodes last night on my dvr, so I can now participate in this thread. With that, I'm wondering if we're watching the same show cause there ain't a looker in this bunch!

We are lowering standards and pretending we don't notice this. Almost every big break has been this way... We can't have all Holly's and Winn's. Speaking of, where the hell is Winn???

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

We are lowering standards and pretending we don't notice this. Almost every big break has been this way... We can't have all Holly's and Winn's. Speaking of, where the hell is Winn???

In my head.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Add me to the list of people that would have taken the money.

Except for the breaking glass, Sedena has pwned since this competition has begun. Β She overcame Jackie's hole out in the second part of the competition on Episode One. Β She's been the nuts. Β Those girls will eventually be gunning for her if she keeps winning so, hey, take the benji's.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

Note:Β This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!