IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 5/18/2016 at 3:03 PM, Missouri Swede said:

I think they used to suggest wearing it on the right hip (for right handers) IIRC, but I see that they now suggest the left hip.  I wear it on the left hip, and I've never had a problem with it during the swing.

I have always, with one exception, clipped it to my left pocket. Since I grip the club with my left hand first the motion to the unit is seamless in my routine. The one time I put on my belt it caught on the side rail of the cart and ripped the clip out of the plastic. I only did that because I was wearing jeans that day and the pockets were weird compared to my golf shorts. It's left hand grip tag and setup for me. 

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

My original GG unit has been in use roughly 16 months and if I get a complete round out of a full charge I am lucky. When it was fresher I could get 2-3 rounds out of a charge but now If I use it and turn it off it's dead within an hour. I've had a few rounds I wasn't able to track because I couldn't get it to power up after turning it off when I had to play the same side twice due to course traffic.

I've been busy and not real quick with edits lately, had 8 rounds on there. All but 2 were incomplete and those two happened to be from this weekend. I don't remember not getting a buzz out of tags but the incomplete rounds all had missing holes late in the round like it lost power. It's mostly solo rounds so I didn't post for handicap anyway but those stats are gone.

Dave :-)

Hey everyone, I am just wondering if someone could tell me how big the GG GPS device that you wear on your belt is?  Anyone willing to take a pic of it next to a cell phone or something?  I am looking into getting one, but I HATE things attached to my belt, phones included, but if I could get away with it in my pocket or something it would make my decision much easier.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

Hey everyone, I am just wondering if someone could tell me how big the GG GPS device that you wear on your belt is?  Anyone willing to take a pic of it next to a cell phone or something?  I am looking into getting one, but I HATE things attached to my belt, phones included, but if I could get away with it in my pocket or something it would make my decision much easier.

Thanks!

I'll snap a pic this evening if someone else hasn't beaten me to it.

Something to consider, in addition to the size, is how light it is. It is definitely lighter than a phone or anything...it weighs basically nothing. 

I also HATE things on my belt (and in my pockets), and it's never bothered me.

I don't think it would work well in a pocket. 

- John

Next to an iPhone 6:

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

And, since I couldn't resist, "banana for scale":

IMG_0536.JPG

Mods: just realized this is the "post your rounds" thread...feel free to move to the GG review thread.  Sorry!

• Upvote 1

- John

13 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Next to an iPhone 6:

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

And, since I couldn't resist, "banana for scale":

IMG_0536.JPG

Mods: just realized this is the "post your rounds" thread...feel free to move to the GG review thread.  Sorry!

My bad on it being in the "Post your rounds" thread, I was looking at both and then clicked on the wrong one.  Thank you for snapping those pics though!  Is the clip removable?  I am thinking it would not be so horrible if the clip were removed, but otherwise it is pretty bulky to fit into a pocket.

Thanks again for snapping and posting the pics @Hardspoon I appreciate it!

15 hours ago, Grinde6 said:

Thanks!

It is comfortable to wear, so comfortable that I have had it fall off and not notice two different times. I wish I could keep it in my pocket but I think the GPS would be affected.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

19 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

It is comfortable to wear, so comfortable that I have had it fall off and not notice two different times. I wish I could keep it in my pocket but I think the GPS would be affected.

Ya, but its just consciously knowing something is there type of thing for me.  I guess I haven't had this particular device on so I couldn't say for sure it would bug me, but I haven't been able to wear anything on my belt ever.  I would think it would be the same as a phone gps.  Like for the Arccos system I keep my phone in my pocket and it is pretty accurate, so I wouldn't think the GG would be any different..idk for sure tho.

14 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

Ya, but its just consciously knowing something is there type of thing for me.  I guess I haven't had this particular device on so I couldn't say for sure it would bug me, but I haven't been able to wear anything on my belt ever.  I would think it would be the same as a phone gps.  Like for the Arccos system I keep my phone in my pocket and it is pretty accurate, so I wouldn't think the GG would be any different..idk for sure tho.

Phone is way more cumbersome. GG device barely weighs anything.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

You're way overthinking it.

Most of what's inside is air. There's a small battery, LEDs, a micro or mini USB port… and a vibrating element. They could have made the device half the size, or smaller, but then you'd miss it when you went to tag.

I can't imagine someone being so upset about something this size on their belt. I agree with the belt idea. But this doesn't come close to satisfying it. I forget it's on there and have worn it to restaurants, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm trying to decide if this is for me?  Does everyone glue the tag to their grips?   Do they fall out if you don't?  What if I choose to replace my grips?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm trying to decide if this is for me?  Does everyone glue the tag to their grips?   Do they fall out if you don't?  What if I choose to replace my grips?

They can fall out. Some grips are a little more prone than others, and even those… aren't even all that often. Usually when you thin a shot so the club vibrates weirdly, that's when they're likely to unscrew a little.

Silicone glue works really well and takes just a little butter knife action in a matter of seconds to take the tag off for use on another grip.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I don't glue. They do work their way out. I check mine frequently to make sure they are tight.

4 hours ago, Grinde6 said:

Ya, but its just consciously knowing something is there type of thing for me. 

I don't think you'll ever consciously know it is there unless you constantly think about it. The thing is very light and if you put it behind the belt loop to your right it doesn't come close to interfering with anything. The unit literally weighs about as much as one of those miniature powdered donuts and sits out of your sight. I can't tell if it's on or off to the point where I will try to tag shots even if I'm playing a round without it (usually because I forgot it attached to my computer from uploading rounds).

7 hours ago, Pretzel said:

The unit literally weighs about as much as one of those miniature powdered donuts and sits out of your sight.

Haha - this comparison cracked me up.

Does anyone ITT keep it in their pocket? I think it'd be much more annoying, and difficult to tag. The GPS shouldn't be an issue, though.

- John

44 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Haha - this comparison cracked me up.

Does anyone ITT keep it in their pocket? I think it'd be much more annoying, and difficult to tag. The GPS shouldn't be an issue, though.

My clip broke a few weeks ago (older version of the belt unit). I tried to play a round with it in my pocket--didn't work as easily, of course. Thought I could tag it through the fabric of my pants, but the unit would flip around so that I would be tagging the top side instead of the bottom.  I ended up having to pull it out of my pocket to tag it most of the time. 

So, no, I wouldn't recommend keeping it in your pocket as the norm.

(GG customer service mailed me a new clip for the unit--seems a little sturdier. About two minutes with the screwdriver, and the new clip was installed easily enough. So don't let that put anyone off from getting this device.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I've played a few rounds with my LIVE version of the unit. It really isn't a bother. Sometimes I forget to tag it and tag immediately, and change the locaiton on the app right away, or after the round. It works through my shirt too. 

Having said that, the stats you get are great! They show you exactly where you need to practice to make your rounds more efficient. 

My biggest questions is can I find a smartwatch that works with the app? I use my phone for distances and would love to be able to just look at a watch to see the yardage. Plus it might not drain my phone's batter. Thoughts?

Edited by rfeight

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:21 AM, Valleygolfer said:

I have had it fall off and not notice two different times

I've had mine fall off a couple of times also. One of the most request's on Game Golf discussion is for "belt loops"

Also, Game Golf is finally considering another hot topic requested by over 300 users.

I would like to be able to see all of my previous tee shots on any hole overlaid on a single map of that hole. In much the same way that you can see your shots in a single round at the moment.
It would be like having the map of a hole and the "off the tee" results in one screen.

Then, when you hover over any of the marked shots it would have information about what you went on to do from that position, on that day. you could have (10/2/15. 4) in green for a tee shot that ended in a par 4, (10/2/15. 5) in yellow for a bogey, (10/2/15. 6) in amber for a double bogey etc, so that i could see where I've gone on to get the best results from.

I believe this would give a more tactical analysis of how I play every hole rather than merely showing my average distances.

Adminjaehee.lee (Admin, GAME GOLF) responded  ·  June 20, 2016

Thanks for the feedback. We have a long list of features and updates that we are working on. There is some overlap in the advanced hole analysis request and trying to take everything into consideration.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!