IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Before the strokes gained analysis, though, the program has saved me a ton of time on statistic tracking. I can't recommend it highly enough to people who are learning how to play the game or who are statistics junkies. It's showed me where I need to work on my game. 

But given the GPS tracking, I haven't taken the putting distances very seriously. I pretty much know if I practice sinking 5 foot and shorter putts, and put in some time practicing lag putting, I'll make some birdies because some of those 8 - 10 footers will drop. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One thing I was wondering is, could they add a strokes gained stat relative to a PGA tour golfer? It would be fun to see just how good the PGA Tour golfers are compared to however you play, and it would show people just how good they really are.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

One thing I was wondering is, could they add a strokes gained stat relative to a PGA tour golfer? It would be fun to see just how good the PGA Tour golfers are compared to however you play, and it would show people just how good they really are.

They could easily do that. I don't think it necessarily makes sense to do that as more than a novelty, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Taking a thought from @Pretzel  I was wondering if, they add a strokes gained stat relative to a friend who has a similar handicap?

It could generate some "Huge" bragging rights and think of all the smack talking......

Maybe it could become a new "challenge"?

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

Taking a thought from @Pretzel  I was wondering if, they add a strokes gained stat relative to a friend who has a similar handicap?

It could generate some "Huge" bragging rights and think of all the smack talking......

Maybe it could become a new "challenge"?

I'd quite like that. I might pick one of these up for myself next time there's a sale. I could have gotten one for $80 a couple of weeks ago, but passed on it for no good reason. If that happens again, I'll be on it.

My cousin and I play around a similar level, though I'm more consistent than he is. Being able to compare our rounds on something like a Friends List would be neat. While my brother-in-law is much better than I am, I'd still be interested in comparisons there. Of course, that'll just be Game Golf screaming "drive it farther!" because my brother-in-law can drive that ball 50-75 yards longer than I can, if not more.

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Add your username to your profile so the badge appears!

We're working on that sort of thing… :-)

Yes. Pretty much.

Though if you change to a new phone you'll have a set of tags and no GG belt unit.

Thanks for the info. I just switched to a new Android so will have it for at least a couple years (contract) Just thinking it would be one less gadget to charge etc and also saves a few $. I always have my phone with me.. 

14 hours ago, iacas said:

They could easily do that. I don't think it necessarily makes sense to do that as more than a novelty, though.

Yeah, it would be a novelty but I think it would be fun to see in a similar manner that it's fun to see the difference between yourself and golfers of various handicaps (though it would obviously have pretty much zero in terms of practical applications). I just thought it could be something fun for them to add that wouldn't take much development time since the strokes gained code is already implemented. They could even just pull data from the PGA pros that currently use GAME Golf to set it up initially, making it even easier to do than crunching stats for all PGA players I would imagine.

On 1-2-2016 at 5:44 AM, iacas said:
On 27-1-2016 at 10:49 AM, taxgolf said:

I've bought it. I have to install it. I'll do so when the weather will get better in order to hit the courses:-D

Add your username to your profile so the badge appears!

I have to do it yet. :8) Such a lazy a@#$ h@#$ I need some info what to do when I chip with an i7. I have to make an separate tag. I will get there.

3 hours ago, taxgolf said:

I need some info what to do when I chip with an i7. I have to make an separate tag.

Just pick up your ball as you would without GG.  When you upload and edit your round, the software will show you chipped in from off the green.  It should default to show a hole position in the center of the green, so move the hole to the appropriate position on the green.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

Just pick up your ball as you would without GG.  When you upload and edit your round, the software will show you chipped in from off the green.  It should default to show a hole position in the center of the green, so move the hole to the appropriate position on the green.

And if you (@taxgolf) weren't asking about chip-ins but just chipping… you do nothing different. You just tag your 7I and hit your chip.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know some people whom have one tag for chipping around the green so they do not have to alter the read out when they upload the round to the pc. The reason for that, is they want to be as accurate as possible. To know where or what they do with a full swing with a i7. If they chip or even pitch with an i7, it will give a wrong view of the Avarage yardage of the i7. i just want to put a tag on all the clubs and make it just as easy for me as possible. Suppose I tag 3 times a i7 in a round for a full swing, second shot. Then, on hole 9 (f.i.), I chip for my 3rd shot (for birdie of course, mwahahaha). My Avarage distance drops, just because of the chip. I have to make a correction, right? I need to make a notice that I played a chip on hole 9 right? I still do not get that. Me stupid.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, taxgolf said:

I know some people whom have one tag for chipping around the green so they do not have to alter the read out when they upload the round to the pc. The reason for that, is they want to be as accurate as possible. To know where or what they do with a full swing with a i7. If they chip or even pitch with an i7, it will give a wrong view of the Avarage yardage of the i7.

No, it won't.

It says this several places on the site. Their software is smart enough to detect a shot like that and throw it out.

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

No, it won't.

It says this several places on the site. Their software is smart enough to detect a shot like that and throw it out.

It's very good around the greens and for most short game shots in general for filtering those out of your averages. I use my GW, SW, and LW for all kinds of short game shots and the posted averages are pretty close to what I realistically hit them full (maybe 5 yards shy, but that counts slight mishits too, so it's fair for an average). Where it runs into trouble, I feel, is for discerning between intentionally altered full swing shots, like punch outs, and true mishits. It doesn't know whether you fatted your five iron or were just trying to hit it under some branches while still advancing it a bit. The fat shot might affect gameplanning, while recovery shots, not so much. Since people (at least I do) tend to use one or two clubs disproportionately for these kinds of recovery shots, it does have a way of creeping in over time. I noticed this happening to a couple of clubs and have just sacrificed my 5 iron for all my recovery shots, since I rarely hit it full. This way whether I hit a punchy 5 iron, 4 hybrid, or a chippy 9, I'll put down the 5i. It could be resolved with a toggle on the round review of "exclude this shot from stats," but they haven't gone that route yet.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Just bought GG Live, but afte a few rounds I'm wondering if the distance measured by GG is accurate.

For example, I measured 106m with my rangefinder and hit the ball to 3m. When signing the round, I could see the shot was only 90m. Very strange, do other GG users have the same problems? 

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Artbij said:

Just bought GG Live, but afte a few rounds I'm wondering if the distance measured by GG is accurate.

For example, I measured 106m with my rangefinder and hit the ball to 3m. When signing the round, I could see the shot was only 90m. Very strange, do other GG users have the same problems? 

No.

Were the locations marked properly when you reviewed the round? They're just using Google Maps on the back-end. Did you use a laser or GPS to measure your shot? GPS is not super duper accurate, but moving the marks around in the editing phase makes up for all that.

4 hours ago, Artbij said:

It's also possible that you tagged while moving towards the hole? You might want to pause a bit after tagging to let the system get a good reading. Or tag prior to your shots.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6 hours ago, iacas said:

No.

Were the locations marked properly when you reviewed the round? They're just using Google Maps on the back-end. Did you use a laser or GPS to measure your shot? GPS is not super duper accurate, but moving the marks around in the editing phase makes up for all that.

I use GG so I don't have to remember from where i played the shot :). I used laser for my measurement, the back-end does doesn't matter, I guess GG just calculates the distance between the two GPS points.

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

It's also possible that you tagged while moving towards the hole? You might want to pause a bit after tagging to let the system get a good reading. Or tag prior to your shots.

Nope, I was standing still looking at my friends shots next to my ball. I use tagging as a trigger to get into my routine, so tagged before the shot.

Note: This thread is 2232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!