IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[SIZE=14px]First off, you definitely have to shut off the main.  Then you will need to drain as much water from the system as possible.  Open up any fixtures on lower floor levels??[/SIZE] [SIZE=14px]The below pic is of a CPVC fixture shut off.  In the picture you posted, it appears there is enough pipe extending through the wall to cut it off close to the existing valve, and glue the new one on.[/SIZE] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103168/] [/URL] [SIZE=14px]Use a good quality primer and glue, and wait the appropriate amount of time before you turn the water back on.  Make sure you have the shut off valve in the off position when you turn the main back on.  Also, make sure there is no water dripping out of the pipe when you glue the new one on (this is fairly critical to a proper solvent joint).[/SIZE] [SIZE=14px]When you are at the hardware store, get one of these (see below pic) as well.  It will make your job much easier.[/SIZE] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103170/] [/URL] [SIZE=14px]Here is a pic of the two parts together.  The new toilet flex supply has rubber washers in it, so a simple adjustable wrench works.[/SIZE] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103171/] [/URL] [SIZE=14px]Or you could try simply tightening the nut (closest to the wall) to the valve body.  I can't guarantee nothing bad will happen if you try this one though.  [/SIZE]

Thank you sir! I am not sure I will take it on this time or not, but I really appreciate the advice.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also, saw my "pet" snake again yesterday.  This is only the third time since we've moved in that I've seen him, but I saw him slither into his hole right on our rear slope.  I like him, he eats rats. :) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103165/] [/URL] He's a red coachwhip (that's not actually him, thats a stock photo, but he looks exactly like that) and he's maybe, 5-6 feet long. :)

I'm about 95% sure I would have shit my pants if I saw that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thank you sir! I am not sure I will take it on this time or not, but I really appreciate the advice.

No problem.

It is probably easier than installing a new toilet, but I can understand not wanting to do it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

No problem.   It is probably easier than installing a new toilet, but I can understand not wanting to do it.

Really appreciate it. I tried PVC sink fitting one time and made a mess out of it. :-D

Nate

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

No problem.

It is probably easier than installing a new toilet, but I can understand not wanting to do it.

Really appreciate it. I tried PVC sink fitting one time and made a mess out of it.

I suppose I don't plan on trying any body-work on my family rig anytime soon.. :-P

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I suppose I don't plan on trying any body-work on my family rig anytime soon..:-P

Haha, yeah, takes a lot of practice to make it look like the accident never happened.

Nate

I'm about 95% sure I would have shit my pants if I saw that.

LOL.  The first time I saw him, I was a little bit startled.  However, he was far enough away that I didn't freak out or anything and was able to get a good enough look, and using the (amazing) internet, figure out what he was.  I think I started by just googling "native socal snakes" or something to that effect.  Also, thanks to the kids school, that has animals come and visit the kids a couple of times a month, we have grown a bit fond of lots of different critters.  These are from a birthday party last weekend:

There is also a pic of me, my wife, and daughter being "hugged" by a big yellow (Burmese I think) python, but its not on my phone, otherwise I'd be sharing that one too. :)

• Administrator

@mvmac is no longer your friend Barney!

"Hello. My name is Mike McLoughlin. You freaked the shit out of me by posting pictures of snakes. Prepare to shank."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@mvmac is no longer your friend Barney!

"Hello. My name is Mike McLoughlin. You freaked the shit out of me by posting pictures of snakes. Prepare to shank."

STOP. SAYING. THAT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...  I am not about snakes myself.

-Matt-

@mvmac is no longer your friend Barney!

Oh man! You are in for a treat @Golfingdad !

Nate

Yeah...  I am not about snakes myself.

But you're a plumber! :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

But you're a plumber! :-P

Lol, well played. Here is an Eastern Hog Nosed snake we saw at my parent's lake house. Plays dead if you get to close. It will even vomit in the attempt to fake its own death. :-O :yucky:

Nate

Had an ex coworker leave a real long nasty whining message on my voicemail today.

Apparently he is upset that I am kicking his ass up and down the street.

It feels so good to be missed.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

LOL.  The first time I saw him, I was a little bit startled.  However, he was far enough away that I didn't freak out or anything and was able to get a good enough look, and using the (amazing) internet, figure out what he was.  I think I started by just googling "native socal snakes" or something to that effect.  Also, thanks to the kids school, that has animals come and visit the kids a couple of times a month, we have grown a bit fond of lots of different critters.  These are from a birthday party last weekend: There is also a pic of me, my wife, and daughter being "hugged" by a big yellow (Burmese I think) python, but its not on my phone, otherwise I'd be sharing that one too. :)

I would take my present back and run FAR away from that kid's birthday party. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/180#post_1031048"]Yeah...  I am not about snakes myself.

But you're a plumber! :-P[/quote] Yeah, those kind are even worse...

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 3243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!