IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator

1638206745607.jpeg

In an exclusive interview with Golf Digest, Tiger Woods opens up about a painful year, a possible return to golf, and son Charlie's progress as a player.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice to hear some words from himself rather than someone else. He seems to have come out of a pretty bad accident relatively lucky, all things considered.

“I think something that is realistic is playing the tour one day—never full time, ever again—but pick and choose, just like Mr. [Ben] Hogan did. Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that,” Woods said during a Zoom interview with Golf Digest’s Henni Koyack from his South Florida home. “You practice around that, and you gear yourself up for that. I think that’s how I’m going to have to play it from now on. It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”

When was the last time he played full time? 😛

The occasional major, his own tournaments and maybe some other special tournaments then, at best. With slim chances of the good old «double U».

I was glad to see the TW smile back today. He's had some really tall peaks and some pretty deep lows. I'm happy to see that he can smile and laugh a bit again. GOAT or not he's done a ton of good for the game, in my opinion.

• Like 1

This move here looks a little Haverkamp, maybe it's the angle? Looks like limited back flexibility. I'm sure he will keep on PTing and healing and getting better though.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 12.20.11 PM.png

• Like 1

Maybe he'll try it out on the Florida swing. I would predict that Tiger would tee it up in the Masters if it wasn't such a difficult walk. Too many elevation changes.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, phan52 said:

Maybe he'll try it out on the Florida swing.

He might play Bay Hill at some point… but even that's unlikely, I think.

Three majors (not the U.S. Open?). Maybe Riviera (pretty flat, benefits TWF). Those are the tier 1 tournaments, I think.

Maybe the Players, since he can bunt it around and putt and it's a flat site, and it pays out a good bit too.

I think he'll play six events a year.

• Administrator
On 12/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, nevets88 said:

Broadcast going from tape delayed to live. Who moves the needle? Who?

Oh man, for some reason I thought this was this weekend.

But that's just the stupid QBE.

I missed this one. Don’t really want a new thread for it since I very much doubt it’d take place. Jake Paul challenged Tiger to a fight… because Tiger was a top 10 athlete google search… yeah. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I missed this one. Don’t really want a new thread for it since I very much doubt it’d take place. Jake Paul challenged Tiger to a fight… because Tiger was a top 10 athlete google search… yeah. 

Huh?