IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Yeah. Long way from swinging. I'm thinking PGA at the earliest.

I said Ryder Cup, and you were willing to bet against me on that!

Actually, if he doesn't play the PGA, I doubt he'll play in the Ryder Cup either.

Remember guys (sarcasm alert) its going to be a "process", more time with Sean, more "trajs and reps", more not enough spin or compression of the ball, more thinks for Sean and I to work on.

I think he'll come back in that time frame of mid to late july, but competing maybe another story.

Remember guys (sarcasm alert) its going to be a "process", more time with Sean, more "trajs and reps", more not enough spin or compression of the ball, more thinks for Sean and I to work on.

I think he'll come back in that time frame of mid to late july, but competing maybe another story.

Good point, but he did win the 2008 US Open on a broken leg ;-) .   He doesn't have to be in perfect shape to win.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

But that was before drug testing though......

:doh:

You literally have NO actual evidence that he did drugs. You don't even have anyone reasonably close (and by "reasonably" I'm casting a pretty big net here) to him saying he did.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

But that was before drug testing though......

You literally have NO actual evidence that he did drugs. You don't even have anyone reasonably close (and by "reasonably" I'm casting a pretty big net here) to him saying he did.

I'm a 100% sure that Spitfisher is just a troll. Or, at least I hope he is.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Although I don't think Tiger was using PED's, it's interesting to see people's opinions on it. Here's an example. http://lannyhgolf.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/reader-commentary-was-tiger-woods-doping-peds-steroids-hgh-galea-biogenesis-etc/ I'm sure somebody can point out all of the flaws in his argument though.

He hates Tiger. He is has some personal vendetta because Tiger's values do not meet his. Tmac as well.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

He hates Tiger. He is has some personal vendetta because Tiger's values do not meet his. Tmac as well.

I wonder what explains my excitement when Tiger plays (or lack of when he isn't). If I hate the man, I should be happy when he's not playing, no?

Lol no, let's not go down this route again, please. We know how this terrible movie ends

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Although I don't think Tiger was using PED's, it's interesting to see people's opinions on it. Here's an example. http://lannyhgolf.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/reader-commentary-was-tiger-woods-doping-peds-steroids-hgh-galea-biogenesis-etc/ I'm sure somebody can point out all of the flaws in his argument though.

I thought I recognized the wording in the comment that spurred that blog post: http://lannyhgolf.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/is-the-pga-hiding-tiger-woods-link-to-biogenesis-and-steroids/#comment-1481 = http://thesandtrap.com/t/71587/those-of-you-that-think-tiger-is-on-steroids/60_30#post_932395

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Lol no, let's not go down this route again, please. We know how this terrible movie ends

Agreed!  OK everyone stare at @tmac20 avatar for 30 seconds.  There, now do you feel better?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Agreed, it is the same tired story.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

? :hmm: [quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/378#post_983189"] He hates Tiger. He is has some personal vendetta because Tiger's values do not meet his. Tmac as well. [/quote] Not a troll and I don't "hate" anyône.... That's a bad presumption. Nor do I subscribe to the notion that everything we hear, read & see from entertainers, athletes or anyone in public sector for that matter is gospel. Now back to our regular schedule program. Will he tiger come back strong enough to win a major or simply to the level before the back pain came to the forefront? I happen to think with so much parity of players ability he'll get close to winning a tour event only this year.

Will he tiger come back strong enough to win a major or simply to the level before the back pain came to the forefront? I happen to think with so much parity of players ability he'll get close to winning a tour event only this year.

I'll go not too far out on the limb and say he ends up winless this year. Don't believe he'll be back before the PGA and won't qualify for the playoffs. He doesn't play anything after that so I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

?

Not a troll and I don't "hate" anyône.... That's a bad presumption. Nor do I subscribe to the notion that everything we hear, read & see from entertainers, athletes or anyone in public sector for that matter is gospel.

Now back to our regular schedule program.

Will he tiger come back strong enough to win a major or simply to the level before the back pain came to the forefront? I happen to think with so much parity of players ability he'll get close to winning a tour event only this year.

He'll win again because he is a phenomenal player even when injured.  You insinuated he was doping, which is why you got all the negative responses.  Don't act like you did not create the presumption.

Scott

My Swing Thread

He'll win again because he is a phenomenal player even when injured.  You insinuated he was doping, which is why you got all the negative responses.  Don't act like you did not create the presumption.

Well, for the record, although I recognize this topic is volatile, I am also of the opinion that there is a greater than 0% chance Tiger has juiced at some point. Most folks I know believe the same. It's the age we're in. Arod, Bonds, Lance, and so many more. I believe DJ has done it too and been caught and sanctioned, quietly. I really don't say this to create a firestorm but to indicate that the assumption is not so very far-fetched nor is it unique by any stretch. Just don't have the same faith I once did in these guys and many, many others are in the same boat as me.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well, for the record, although I recognize this topic is volatile, I am also of the opinion that there is a greater than 0% chance Tiger has juiced at some point. Most folks I know believe the same.

It's the age we're in. Arod, Bonds, Lance, and so many more. I believe DJ has done it too and been caught and sanctioned, quietly. I really don't say this to create a firestorm but to indicate that the assumption is not so very far-fetched nor is it unique by any stretch. Just don't have the same faith I once did in these guys and many, many others are in the same boat as me.

Depends on how you define juiced.  Sudafed is prohibited in the Olympics.  Many common over-the-counter drugs are as well.  In cycling, you have to ask permission for an aspirin.  Caffeine is prohibited above certain levels.  So each sport has a different requirement.  Not sure how juicing would help you in golf either.  It is just a common point the anti-Tiger crowd has and it is so tiring to hear.

Scott

My Swing Thread