IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Woods playing to promote his new course. Video of driver, dtl. Looks like just a little old man finish.

Iron looks a little better?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right knee kicking out, less right side bend. Less torque. Not maintaining inclination to the ground as long. If he really still hits it 300 yards, that's encouraging to us schlumps in a way. It's definitely not 100% Tiger Woods.

woods2.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Right knee kicking out, less right side bend. Less torque. Not maintaining inclination to the ground as long. If he really still hits it 300 yards, that's encouraging to us schlumps in a way. It's definitely not 100% Tiger Woods.

woods2.jpg

He kinda looks like Bubba Watson there on the left.

• Upvote 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For kicks, vs 2000 swing

image.jpeg

Steve

TGC is highlighting the 2013 Vardon Trophy winner and PGA Tour POY right now.  Showing the weekend rounds of the 2001 Player's Championship.  That was definitely "better than most" tournaments.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

On 4/26/2016 at 7:35 PM, ChrisP said:

Glad to see Woods play the US Open. I got tickets for Thursday so looking forward to seeing him out there, even if he shoots an 85 (which may happen).

Good thing you don't have tickets for Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Good thing you don't have tickets for Saturday. 

I never like going to tourneys on Weekends. Always like the first 2 rounds because you get to see more. It's more laid back, plus less crowded. Weekends everyone wants to see the leaders and it's harder and you miss a lot of stuff. You want to see the drama play out more on tv.

Edited by ChrisP

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I never like going to tourneys on Weekends. Always like the first 2 rounds because you get to see more. It's more laid back, plus less crowded. Weekends everyone wants to see the leaders and it's harder and you miss a lot of stuff. You want to see the drama play out more on tv.

Yeah, I like Fridays, and Sunday on the big screen in my humble oboe.

I will cringe if Tiger plays Oakmont....no way he looks ready and no way he is ready to dig one out of the rough

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

46 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Yeah, I like Fridays, and Sunday on the big screen in my humble oboe.

How do you fit in that oboe???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

LOL, this Instagram account usually uses the full name of the player. With Tiger Woods, it's just, Tiger. Looks less old man finish when he abbreviates the swing.

Steve

On 25/04/2016 at 0:32 AM, nevets88 said:

Woods playing to promote his new course. Video of driver, dtl. Looks like just a little old man finish.

Wow that photographer is taking a risk !

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

LOL, this Instagram account usually uses the full name of the player. With Tiger Woods, it's just, Tiger. Looks less old man finish when he abbreviates the swing.

Tigers club twirl game is as good as its ever been.  

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

The swing to me looks like a guy 'who finally gets it' that he can't go at it hard anymore. Swing looks a lot easier at Impact to try and take some pressure off the back. Let's face it.....if Tiger keeps trying to swing the way he used to, he'll only end up back on the operating table.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, k-troop said:

TGC is highlighting the 2013 Vardon Trophy winner and PGA Tour POY right now.  Showing the weekend rounds of the 2001 Player's Championship.  That was definitely "better than most" tournaments.

53 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

The swing to me looks like a guy 'who finally gets it' that he can't go at it hard anymore. Swing looks a lot easier at Impact to try and take some pressure off the back. Let's face it.....if Tiger keeps trying to swing the way he used to, he'll only end up back on the operating table.

I watched the 2001 Players Championship replay the other night.  Clearly it's been a while since we've seen the "go at it hard" Tiger and I'd forgotten how violent of a swing he had. Jesus Christ no wonder his body is falling apart - that was almost uncomfortable to watch.

Agree with @ChrisP - hopefully he's found a more toned-down swing. If he can re sharpen his skills and leverage his creativity there's no reason he can't contend with out hitting the ball 50 miles off the tee.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)