IGNORED

2014 & '15 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Only one 'trapper picked Adam Scott to win the Masters, and with a -6 finish at that.  But consider: #2 in the world (behind the injured TW), defending at his favorite tournament, and in his last year to putt with the cheat-stick.  Hmmm...

He has 2015 to use it too.

Interesting that Bubba withdraws because of "allergies" after a round where he drowned 3 balls into the water carded an 11 and isn't ripped for faking it, being a quitter or only "withdrawing" because he was playing poorly.

Tiger's the only one who moves the needle.

Still.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hope (in '16) that Scotty switches to a "regular" length putter, and doesn't try and use that stupid ore without anchoring it. So hard to watch him putt with that thing. Maybe he'll still push those 5 footers, but it will look a lot better at least lol. Dude is on fire. That second shot on 9 from the rough was amazing. Missed the 36 hole record by pushing a put an inch too far right lol.

Ya, according to the GC, they had the Swat team out there....I wonder why they needed them instead of a regular cop..?

Sorry for the double post, just heard about Kevin Na being heckled so bad today that some law enforcement had to start following him! Anyone know what was said or done? Kind of sickening...

I followed Na for his final six hole and the only incident that I witnessed was some drunk yelling at Stallings to hit it far. They serve a lot of alcohol "all you can drink" at the hospitality tents at Arnie's tourney - so it's no wonder a few people would be yelling.  I did notice a lot of marshalls and a deputy with group.   I joined them with about six holes left and there were only about 5-10 people following that group and I thought it was overkill to have so many people inside the ropes with the Na/Moore/Stalllings group.

Earlier in the day, I followed Keegan Bradley and the Stenson group. Now there's two slow players - especially Bradley with all of his pre shot antics. It's pretty ridiculous.

I hope (in '16) that Scotty switches to a "regular" length putter, and doesn't try and use that stupid ore without anchoring it. So hard to watch him putt with that thing. Maybe he'll still push those 5 footers, but it will look a lot better at least lol. Dude is on fire. That second shot on 9 from the rough was amazing. Missed the 36 hole record by pushing a put an inch too far right lol.

better win as many events as he can before they ban his putter

I don't think they'll ever ban his putter.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

okay, for those who don't get it - before they ban his putting technique - at any rate, he'll likely be unable to modify his technique using that broomstick

I think he'll be fine without it; it's not like he's turned into Billy Casper because of it.

Also, I remember reading an article with Adam and his instructor talking about how the only reason his instructor suggested the chest putter was to shift Adam's perspective; like, the long putter was more to relieve a mental burden than an actual improvement in his putting mechanics or statistics.

I think once he goes back to the short putter (if he goes back) he'll do just as well.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Do pro golfers try to peak for events as in other sports?  Adam is playing lights out these two rounds, but I hope for him he is not peaking too soon.  The Masters has to be in primary goal.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

okay, for those who don't get it - before they ban his putting technique - at any rate, he'll likely be unable to modify his technique using that broomstick

That is going to very interesting to watch. I can't lots of these guys trying to not anchor the club to there chest. With all the video coverage you can bet the phones will be ringing off the hook to tour officials. It might give Tiger a break for a while. I predict that Scot will come plummeting back to earth if he tries to modify his current grip using the broom stick.

The belly putter guys will definitely be forced to go back to the conventional putter or an unanchored long putter. I have seen a long putter that is supported by the left forearm. THat might be an alternative.

I actually gave the broom stick a try and found I was just as bad a putter using that. The best thing I have found is using the fat grips that SURE SHOT and now WINN have out. It really takes your hands and wrists out of the swing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

okay, for those who don't get it - before they ban his putting technique.

Do pro golfers try to peak for events as in other sports?  Adam is playing lights out these two rounds, but I hope for him he is not peaking too soon.  The Masters has to be in primary goal.

Yep - TW, Lefty, even Jack has talked about working their schedules and playing venues/courses that are similar (green speed) to what they'd find at a major.

Had a decent time yesterday at the Palmer event, but it dawned on my afterwards, there was absolutely no place to sit for my $50/day ticket.  All the grandstands that you see on TV are hospitality stands for people who upgrade to tickets most of which were $100+ or more.   There was one free grandstand on #6 green if you showed your Mastercard - and those stands are relatively far from the green and it is very small.   I didn't bother. Guess Arnie's event is cutting overhead costs. Going to tourneys is not for the poor man -but it isn't much different than going to a MLB, NFL, NBA game anymore.  The game of golf isn't really for the poor guy either, is it? (what is the avg cost for green fees? avg cost for decent driver/set of clubs/balls?).

Going to events is also becoming cumbersome. Personal belongings are searched, you pretty much can't bring backpacks or much anything else other than a chair (see above) with you. You get "wanded" for weapons and contraband.

Yeah, I heard that he shaved all of the hair off his body right before this tournament started.

per golfweek.com.......

A week after earning a warning for slow play, Kevin Na was heckled by an unruly member of the gallery on several occasions Friday at the Arnold Palmer Invitational and requested security follow his group.

After the round, he danced around the subject in a televised interview with Golf Channel and told reporters, "Can I go? I really had a long day."

Scott Stallings, who played in Na's group said, "He did the best he possibly could do. There never once was a time during the two days where I was saying, 'He's got to go faster.' "

Na is tied for 24th at 3 under. He shot 1-under 71 on Friday.

Why am I not surprised.

WD after Thursday's round.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!