IGNORED

Tiger Woods out of Masters Following Surgery for Pinched Nerve

foreleft
Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So what do all the people that said he was faking it say now?

April Fool's ;-)

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So it was not the "bulging disc" in his back, but a "pinched nerve" ???. Ya all those doctors reporting on the disc thing apparently got it wrong.

But whatever, this is going to be a boring Masters anyways, no top PGA players (including Phylli Mick) will contend in the Masters, and another un-known dude will win.

Well I hope Tiger can recover and come back and play at a high level by summer.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

As someone who has had the same surgery that Tiger just had, that doctor on ESPN said some irresponsible things, imho.

His example of the disc being like a jelly doughnut is the same example m y doctor used to describe how the disc works, but where the TV doc went a little astray is when he failed to mention that 1) he did not see Tiger's images so he has no idea how small or how large the protrusion is and 2) whatever gets cut out is now missing and can no longer help mitigate the shocks on the vertebrea.

The TV doc also asserted Tiger can get back to 100%. I think he is crazy. I am nowhere near what I used to be, and not for any lack of effort. The back just always flairs up. The pain radiates out to the hip too.

Tiger will have to begin a stretching routine the likes of which will make his head swim. And this is just my personal experience, but you can never stretch it out enough. It always lingers.

No offense, but everyone is different.  I don't think you can compare yourself to Tiger in that he may have been in better condition prior to surgery, has different spine development, has better doctors and more money to receive treatments that can assist in his recovery.

Joe Paradiso

So it was not the "bulging disc" in his back, but a "pinched nerve" ???. Ya all those doctors reporting on the disc thing apparently got it wrong.

But whatever, this is going to be a boring Masters anyways, no top PGA players (including Phylli Mick) will contend in the Masters, and another un-known dude will win.

Well I hope Tiger can recover and come back and play at a high level by summer.

The way I understand it, the bulging disc caused the pinched nerve.

Joe Paradiso

April Fool's

Touche.......

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

The way I understand it, the bulging disc caused the pinched nerve.

Exactly.  That's what bulging discs do ... they pinch nerves.  Herniated discs, FYI, are the same thing.

He had the surgery (micrcodiscectomy - as in "removal of the disc") that shaves off the part of the disc that's bulging out of its little space, rudely pinching on the nerve that was there first.

Note:  discs are ***holes.

:~( The first year that I have Master's Week off and Tiger does this to me??? Nah but really this is the best thing for him going forward. Go away and try to get to 100% then come back and dominate again. I'll be rooting for Lee Westwood and hopefuly Patrick Reed stinks up the joint.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I think it's probably true, but how great would it be if Tiger trolled everyone on April Fool's Day?

The level of epic would be too much to bear. I really hope he's trolling. They probably should have waited a day...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

The first year that I have Master's Week off and Tiger does this to me??? Nah but really this is the best thing for him going forward. Go away and try to get to 100% then come back and dominate again. I'll be rooting for Lee Westwood and hopefuly Patrick Reed stinks up the joint.

Pretty disappointing that there might be a golfer with black pants and a red shirt out there on Sunday but it won't be Tiger.

Joe Paradiso

Exactly.  That's what bulging discs do ... they pinch nerves.  Herniated discs, FYI, are the same thing.

He had the surgery (micrcodiscectomy - as in "removal of the disc") that shaves off the part of the disc that's bulging out of its little space, rudely pinching on the nerve that was there first.

Aha, ok I understand now.

I'm not a huge Tiger fan, but I feel sorry for the guy every time he gets hurt.

How many injuries does this make now? Back, left knee, achilees, etc.

As much as I'm a TW fan, I won't be able to watch TGC today. They will be going on and on about this surgery.

Dear god!!!!! Has someone broken the news to Kelly and Nota......they must be devastated, they should both take a lot of time off, call the psychology clinics, schedule therapy immediatly........ Somebody please do something!!!!!!!!!!

So it was not the "bulging disc" in his back, but a "pinched nerve" ???. Ya all those doctors reporting on the disc thing apparently got it wrong. But whatever, this is going to be a boring Masters anyways, no top PGA players (including Phylli Mick) will contend in the Masters, and another un-known dude with a belly putter will win. Well I hope Tiger can recover and come back and play at a high level by summer.

I fixed it for you....

newtogolf, the point I was making about the docs is that indeed everyone is different. Tiger's doc can speak to Tiger's specific injury, but the TV docs can only speak in generalities. Also, I would suggest that generally this type of surgery is fairly straight forward. Cut off the protruding parts and leave the rest. But we just don't know the extent of how much was cut and how much remains. And Tiger isn't the only guy with access to the best docs. Lots of people have access to world class doctors. This isn't as much ab out that as it is about what caused the bulging disc in the first place. That may not be so easily fixed.

BTW, didn't Tiger take up skiing a few years ago? I wonder if he hurt his back skiing? He would hardly be the first guy to do that, but this is total speculation on my part.

BTW, didn't Tiger take up skiing a few years ago? I wonder if he hurt his back skiing? He would hardly be the first guy to do that, but this is total speculation on my part.

He never took up real skiiing, it was another kind of skiing, the kind on Lindsey's back. LMAO!

Aha, ok I understand now.

I'm not a huge Tiger fan, but I feel sorry for the guy every time he gets hurt.

How many injuries does this make now? Back, left knee, achilees, etc.

Seriously.  For a guy who's not exactly old and who has been in tip-top shape, seemingly his whole life, he seems to be falling apart as if he's made of balsa wood.

Seriously.  For a guy who's not exactly old and who has been in tip-top shape, seemingly his whole life, he seems to be falling apart as if he's made of balsa wood.

Some would argue it's his swing. His old swing caused the knee injury for sure. Maybe his new swing gave him the back troubles.

You're thinking lower.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!