IGNORED

Name Your Team USA Ryder Cup Squad

SteveBamford
Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think people are making too much of pairing well with Phil Mickelson or Bubba Watson. Practically any right handed golfer is going to be complimentary to Phil Mickelson or Bubba Watson. Do people really think there is anything special about Keegan Badley that made that a good team?

It goes with the whole "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" saying. If guys have played well together in the past and have chemistry, keep them together. Of course, that's assuming you pick Simpson and Bradley. I don't think Watson's going to pick Bradley and Simpson because "they play well with Bubba and Phil." I think he's going to pick them because they've won majors, they've got experience and they've been the most consistent of any player not on the team right now.

No surprises. I think those were the 3 likely picks.

I was hoping Snedeker would make it just because I don't think anyone wanted to make the team more than him and play for a guy he called his hero growing up, but it's understandable why he didn't.

Kirk just didn't do enough this year. Despite his win yesterday, he really didn't do anything else.

I was pulling for Sneds too.... Did anyone catch Watson's description of Chris Kirk's reaction to not being selected? "He took it like a man......" :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was pulling for Sneds too....

Did anyone catch Watson's description of Chris Kirk's reaction to not being selected?

"He took it like a man......"

Yes - whereas a woman would have started screaming hysterically and crying, stomping her feet and throwing her Barbies away. :-D

N.B.Please see other thread if you're getting ready to pounce.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

No surprises. I think those were the 3 likely picks.

Yeah, those were the three I liked a week ago. I did think Kirk might have shaken things up with his performance this weekend, but I guess not enough to displace any of the others.

Those 4 were the front runners but was hoping there would have been a wild card picked. I like the Bradley pick not sold on Mahan and really don't care for Simpsoms game.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I think Snedeker is more of a fierce competitor than Mahan. I just dont like his history at the Ryder Cup and Mahan just does not exude fire to me like Sneds. Simpson I am indifferent on. He is a well rounded player with a good putting game. I think Simpson is the more consistent player, just no crazy firepower like Snedeker or Mahan have the ability for. So pairings...?

Keegan-Phil - good history together, long drivers, Phil is crazy around the greens, both can be pretty good putters

Webb-Bubba - consistent overall game, longest driver, good chemistry

Zach-Kuchar - good chemistry, Zach has pretty good history and competitive nature, Kuchar is a consistent talent

Reed-Furyk - think you pair the obnoxious rookie with some wild talent with the most consistent player all season and veteran, great putter

Mahan-Spieth - consistent talent but dont like his mental game, Spieth has some ferociousness to him and a good short game

Rickie-Walker - best player we have right now paired with one of the better players this year, I think Walker is gonna shine; he may be a RC rookie, but he is veteran in other aspects

Eesh this team is not very frightening withouts the likes of a top form Woods and DJ on it. Think Europe is gonna have fun with this one again. But, I will be interested to see the newbies perform. Really think a lot of pressure will be riding on Rickie and Bubba w/o DJ and Woods. Their drivers will need to be in top form. I do think they have enough solid putters to rely on however to keep this interesting.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I think Snedeker is more of a fierce competitor than Mahan. I just dont like his history at the Ryder Cup and Mahan just does not exude fire to me like Sneds. Simpson I am indifferent on. He is a well rounded player with a good putting game. I think Simpson is the more consistent player, just no crazy firepower like Snedeker or Mahan have the ability for. So pairings...? Keegan-Phil - good history together, long drivers, Phil is crazy around the greens, both can be pretty good putters Webb-Bubba - consistent overall game, longest driver, good chemistry Zach-Kuchar - good chemistry, Zach has pretty good history and competitive nature, Kuchar is a consistent talent Reed-Furyk - think you pair the obnoxious rookie with some wild talent with the most consistent player all season and veteran, great putter Mahan-Spieth - consistent talent but dont like his mental game, Spieth has some ferociousness to him and a good short game Rickie-Walker - best player we have right now paired with one of the better players this year, I think Walker is gonna shine; he may be a RC rookie, but he is veteran in other aspects Eesh this team is not very frightening withouts the likes of a top form Woods and DJ on it. Think Europe is gonna have fun with this one again. But, I will be interested to see the newbies perform. Really think a lot of pressure will be riding on Rickie and Bubba w/o DJ and Woods. Their drivers will need to be in top form. I do think they have enough solid putters to rely on however to keep this interesting.

I agree that Dy-No-Mite will shine. A lot of people sleeping on him. No homo. ;-)

Riley

I think Snedeker is more of a fierce competitor than Mahan. I just dont like his history at the Ryder Cup and Mahan just does not exude fire to me like Sneds. Simpson I am indifferent on. He is a well rounded player with a good putting game. I think Simpson is the more consistent player, just no crazy firepower like Snedeker or Mahan have the ability for. So pairings...?

Keegan-Phil - good history together, long drivers, Phil is crazy around the greens, both can be pretty good putters

Webb-Bubba - consistent overall game, longest driver, good chemistry

Zach-Kuchar - good chemistry, Zach has pretty good history and competitive nature, Kuchar is a consistent talent

Reed-Furyk - think you pair the obnoxious rookie with some wild talent with the most consistent player all season and veteran, great putter

Mahan-Spieth - consistent talent but dont like his mental game, Spieth has some ferociousness to him and a good short game

Rickie-Walker - best player we have right now paired with one of the better players this year, I think Walker is gonna shine; he may be a RC rookie, but he is veteran in other aspects

That looks pretty good. I think you've done a good job separating the best putters (probably Walker, Kuchar, Simpson, and Speith).  But I really don't like the Reed-Furyk suggestion, that one's too oil-and-water I think. You want Reed for his intensity, pairing him with a guy who seems as emotionless as Furyk might work against both.  I'd try this:

Watson & Simpson - have worked together well in the past

Mickelson & Bradley - another historically good pairing

Fowler & Reed - Rickie also has some flair and self confidence (you would have to to wear some of those outfits); I think these guys would feed off each other and play well together.

Mahan & Walker - I think this pair works well in both foursomes and fourball; premier driver and premier putter, both good overall players.

Johnson & Kuchar - despite being somewhat similar, I still think a good pairing. Neither player is good out of the rough, but that's fine, since neither hits it into the rough much either.  Both get lots of birdies, with Kuchar best on par 4s, and Johnson on 5s, so a storong fourball match.

Speith & Furyk - I think this old/young pairing would be strong in fourball, but devastating in foursomes, where you would have Furyk's precise iron approach shots potentially setting up birdie puts for Speith on 13 of 18 holes.

Just saw a photo of the 3 picks; Bradley, Mahan and Simpson.  I saw 3 different hats advertising 3 of golf's biggest names; Titleist, Ping and Srixon.

gotta wonder if there is some subtle, unmentioned connection in these choices and, yeah, you guessed it: money to PGA or Ryder Cup, INC.

Would have liked to see Kirk get in but in the end, it was about experience for Watson, he didn't want another rookie on the team. I can't argue with that logic. Euro's have 4 of the top 5 in the world, average world rank 19. US 9 of the top 20, avg world rank 16. Pretty even on paper but I think the US playing up the underdog and redemption angles could take them over the top. I'd call it a "Pick Em" at this point.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Team uniforms, are they really going to be wearing those pants?

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Ralph Lauren Corporation has been named an Official Partner and Outfitter of the PGA of America through 2020. The licensing agreement also designates that Ralph Lauren is the Official Partner and Official Outfitter of the PGA Championship; the Official Outfitter of Ryder Cups conducted in the United States during that period; and the Official Outfitter of every U.S. Ryder Cup Team through 2020.

“The PGA of America is very proud to have Ralph Lauren, a brand synonymous with the best in sports, partner with our premier competitions – the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup,” said PGA of America Chief Executive Officer Pete Bevacqua. “Perhaps the most exciting part of this partnership is Ralph Lauren’s shared commitment to our PGA Professionals who grow, teach and manage the game.”

Ralph Lauren announced in January it will outfit the Team USA uniforms that will be worn during the 40th Ryder Cup, Sept. 23-28, at Gleneagles in Perthshire, Scotland.

“We are honored to begin this partnership with the PGA of America and to celebrate the achievements of these esteemed golfers as they represent our country,” said David Lauren, Ralph Lauren’s Executive Vice President of Global Advertising, Marketing and Corporate Communications. “We look forward to a long-standing relationship that will further shape the game and support PGA professional development."

Drawing on the rich history and sophistication of the Ryder Cup, Ralph Lauren presents a patriotic collection of commemorative apparel and official team uniforms to be worn by the U.S. Ryder Cup Team during play and for the Opening Ceremony and Gala Dinner. Embodying the spirit of the U.S. Ryder Cup Team, iconic stars and stripes, graphic color-blocking and a classic palette of red, white and blue define the official on-course looks. The Ralph Lauren Ryder Cup collection includes a timeless array of Polo Golf and RLX Golf apparel, and will be available for purchase on RalphLauren.com, shop.pga.com and in select golf clubs, resorts and retail stores.

Ralph Lauren’s partnership with the PGA of America reinforces the brand’s dedication to golf as well as its leadership in major global sporting initiatives. Since 1987, Polo Golf has defined excellence from the club to the course. From outfitting professionals who represent what is extraordinary about the sport to a sharpened focus on the needs of the modern golfer, the legacy of Polo Golf is its respect for tradition and its dedication to the future of the game.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Team uniforms, are they really going to be wearing those pants?

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Ralph Lauren Corporation has been named an Official Partner and Outfitter of the PGA of America through 2020. The licensing agreement also designates that Ralph Lauren is the Official Partner and Official Outfitter of the PGA Championship; the Official Outfitter of Ryder Cups conducted in the United States during that period; and the Official Outfitter of every U.S. Ryder Cup Team through 2020.

“The PGA of America is very proud to have Ralph Lauren, a brand synonymous with the best in sports, partner with our premier competitions – the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup,” said PGA of America Chief Executive Officer Pete Bevacqua. “Perhaps the most exciting part of this partnership is Ralph Lauren’s shared commitment to our PGA Professionals who grow, teach and manage the game.”

Ralph Lauren announced in January it will outfit the Team USA uniforms that will be worn during the 40th Ryder Cup, Sept. 23-28, at Gleneagles in Perthshire, Scotland.

“We are honored to begin this partnership with the PGA of America and to celebrate the achievements of these esteemed golfers as they represent our country,” said David Lauren, Ralph Lauren’s Executive Vice President of Global Advertising, Marketing and Corporate Communications. “We look forward to a long-standing relationship that will further shape the game and support PGA professional development."

Drawing on the rich history and sophistication of the Ryder Cup, Ralph Lauren presents a patriotic collection of commemorative apparel and official team uniforms to be worn by the U.S. Ryder Cup Team during play and for the Opening Ceremony and Gala Dinner. Embodying the spirit of the U.S. Ryder Cup Team, iconic stars and stripes, graphic color-blocking and a classic palette of red, white and blue define the official on-course looks. The Ralph Lauren Ryder Cup collection includes a timeless array of Polo Golf and RLX Golf apparel, and will be available for purchase on RalphLauren.com, shop.pga.com and in select golf clubs, resorts and retail stores.

Ralph Lauren’s partnership with the PGA of America reinforces the brand’s dedication to golf as well as its leadership in major global sporting initiatives. Since 1987, Polo Golf has defined excellence from the club to the course. From outfitting professionals who represent what is extraordinary about the sport to a sharpened focus on the needs of the modern golfer, the legacy of Polo Golf is its respect for tradition and its dedication to the future of the game.

Tose shoes don't go with any of those outfits and make them look a lot uglier than I think they are.  I like the one on the left, I'm OK with the one on the right, but the one in the middle doesn't look right.  Green pants ... for USA???

[COLOR=28241E]Team uniforms, are they really going to be wearing those pants?[/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E][URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/105262/] [/URL][/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E] PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Ralph Lauren Corporation has been named an Official Partner and Outfitter of the PGA of America through 2020. The licensing agreement also designates that Ralph Lauren is the Official Partner and Official Outfitter of the PGA Championship; the Official Outfitter of Ryder Cups conducted in the United States during that period; and the Official Outfitter of every U.S. Ryder Cup Team through 2020.[/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E]“The PGA of America is very proud to have Ralph Lauren, a brand synonymous with the best in sports, partner with our premier competitions – the PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup,” said PGA of America Chief Executive Officer Pete Bevacqua. “Perhaps the most exciting part of this partnership is Ralph Lauren’s shared commitment to our PGA Professionals who grow, teach and manage the game.”[/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E]Ralph Lauren announced in January it will outfit the Team USA uniforms that will be worn during the 40th Ryder Cup, Sept. 23-28, at Gleneagles in Perthshire, Scotland.[/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E]“We are honored to begin this partnership with the PGA of America and to celebrate the achievements of these esteemed golfers as they represent our country,” said David Lauren, Ralph Lauren’s Executive Vice President of Global Advertising, Marketing and Corporate Communications. “We look forward to a long-standing relationship that will further shape the game and support PGA professional development."[/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E]Drawing on the rich history and sophistication of the Ryder Cup, Ralph Lauren presents a patriotic collection of commemorative apparel and official team uniforms to be worn by the U.S. Ryder Cup Team during play and for the Opening Ceremony and Gala Dinner. Embodying the spirit of the U.S. Ryder Cup Team, iconic stars and stripes, graphic color-blocking and a classic palette of red, white and blue define the official on-course looks. The Ralph Lauren Ryder Cup collection includes a timeless array of Polo Golf and RLX Golf apparel, and will be available for purchase on RalphLauren.com, shop.pga.com and in select golf clubs, resorts and retail stores.[/COLOR] [COLOR=28241E]Ralph Lauren’s partnership with the PGA of America reinforces the brand’s dedication to golf as well as its leadership in major global sporting initiatives. Since 1987, Polo Golf has defined excellence from the club to the course. From outfitting professionals who represent what is extraordinary about the sport to a sharpened focus on the needs of the modern golfer, the legacy of Polo Golf is its respect for tradition and its dedication to the future of the game.
[/COLOR]

Ah, NOW we know why Webb was taken over Kirk. ;)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!