IGNORED

Can you drive the ball 10 miles off the tee before July?

Foursum Golf
Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

It has been an exciting week at Foursum Golf. We just inked a partnership with Cobra Puma Golf. They have always been at the top of our list in regards to companies we'd like to partner with. Our brand personalities are so aligned.. it was a perfect match.

To start things off, we're running a contest called The COBRA GO LOOOOONG! Challenge. We're challenging golfers to drive the ball 10 miles (17,600 yards) off the tee by July.

If you're up for the challenge, here are the steps you have to take:

1. Download the Foursum Golf App in The App Store or The Play Store .
  2. Open the app and create an account on Foursum.
  3. Once signed up, The COBRA GO LOOOOONG! Challenge page can be found in the “Challenges” section of the tray menu navigation.
  4. Tap the “Take the Challenge” button to enter.
  5. Earning yards towards the challenge is easy and automatic while playing your rounds. Simply add your driving distance manually or tap the “tag drive” feature after you reach your ball.

GOOD LUCK!

• Upvote 1

Will W

Pretty sure I'll fail miserably (Don't play nearly often enough*) but I'll try regarless...

*My math suggest that to get 17,600 yards at 225yrds per, would take 79 drives. Assuming 9 drives per round**, that is 9 rounds in less than two months. We shall see....

**Totally random guess at drivers per round

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think I could do it, but why?  I don't really care when I get to a mile.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I don't think this is all that legitimate though. If you GPS to the ball to tag it via the app, you could easily drive beyond the ball to manipulate numbers. Obviously, the alternative manual entry could result in manipulation as well. Seems like an opening for people to fabricate results to manipulate the contest and steal the flat bills. :-(

I don't think this is all that legitimate though. If you GPS to the ball to tag it via the app, you could easily drive beyond the ball to manipulate numbers. Obviously, the alternative manual entry could result in manipulation as well. Seems like an opening for people to fabricate results to manipulate the contest and steal the flat bills.

We have to somewhat rely on the honor system. Golf is an honest game after all!

Will W

lol...tell that to 90% of the guys i see golfing any day of the week at a public course nearby...

Colin P.

That is true, lol. I definitely wasn't meaning what I said in a negative way. I guess I was just pointing out the obvious that people will definitely take advantage of the system.

Congratulations on the exciting partnership anyhow! Hopefully you enjoy continued succes.

• Administrator

At 250 yards that's 70.4 tee shots, or about 5 rounds of golf.*

If you hit it 250.

* I'm not counting par threes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That is true, lol. I definitely wasn't meaning what I said in a negative way. I guess I was just pointing out the obvious that people will definitely take advantage of the system.

Congratulations on the exciting partnership anyhow! Hopefully you enjoy continued succes.

Thank you!

Will W

Is there a special prize for those of us who can drive it 10 miles OFFLINE with ONE tee shot? :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

At 250 yards that's 70.4 tee shots, or about 5 rounds of golf.* If you hit it 250. * I'm not counting par threes.

I'll have that before the end of May.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Is there a special prize for those of us who can drive it 10 miles OFFLINE with ONE tee shot?

Haha. I'll suggest that to Cobra for our next challenge.

PS - Bell Centre was rockin' last night. Big win!

Will W

Hey guys,

It has been an exciting week at Foursum Golf. We just inked a partnership with Cobra Puma Golf. They have always been at the top of our list in regards to companies we'd like to partner with. Our brand personalities are so aligned.. it was a perfect match.

To start things off, we're running a contest called The COBRA GO LOOOOONG! Challenge. We're challenging golfers to drive the ball 10 miles (17,600 yards) off the tee by July.

Congrats Will, and to Foursum Golf.

Having Cobra partnership could lead to exciting opportunities for the challenge.

The challenge could create an opportunity to start a charity fund raiser locally and or nationally.

In our area during the summer, the PGA has a "Hundred Hole Challenge" played in one day by our Head Professional.

He raises almost $10 K every year for Ranken Jordan Children’s Hospital, Southern Illinois Hospice and the Gateway PGA.

Congrats again and hope the best for your contest.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Congrats Will, and to Foursum Golf.

Having Cobra partnership could lead to exciting opportunities for the challenge.

The challenge could create an opportunity to start a charity fund raiser locally and or nationally.

In our area during the summer, the PGA has a "Hundred Hole Challenge" played in one day by our Head Professional.

He raises almost $10 K every year for Ranken Jordan Children’s Hospital, Southern Illinois Hospice and the Gateway PGA.

Congrats again and hope the best for your contest.

Club Rat

Thanks, Club Rat. Appreciate the kind words! Implementing a charitable piece is a great idea. Definitely something I'll bring up with the other guys/gals.

Will W

Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!