IGNORED

2014 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Matt Kuchar -3

Hideki Matsuyama -3

Jason Day -3

Smart pick.  If nobody else picks Stricker, @Club Rat wins no matter the score (if Stricker wins).

I'm sure Club Rat is glad you announced that to everyone...

He's trying to "pay it forward" because that's what happened to him with his third pick.  He and @boogielicious each chose Hideki Matsuyama at E and -1, I think, and then just to be funny, some jerk came along and picked Hideki with his second pick at 32 under par. :-P (That pick has also since been nullified, but it sure was funny at the time.  Right guys??)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by davechen

Matt Kuchar -3

Hideki Matsuyama -3

Jason Day -3

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Smart pick.  If nobody else picks Stricker, @Club Rat wins no matter the score (if Stricker wins).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmoan2

I'm sure Club Rat is glad you announced that to everyone...

He's trying to "pay it forward" because that's what happened to him with his third pick.  He and @boogielicious each chose Hideki Matsuyama at E and -1, I think, and then just to be funny, some jerk came along and picked Hideki with his second pick at 32 under par.   (That pick has also since been nullified, but it sure was funny at the time.  Right guys??)

I fail to see any humor in it at all.  I do not know where you are coming from.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator
Can we as early pickers change our picks as these guys come in at the last minute and poach the number 2 and 3?

No. Says it in the OP.

The advantage to going early is that you can stake your claim. Plus, again, we've never had to go to anyone's second pick yet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can we as early pickers change our picks as these guys come in at the last minute and poach the number 2 and 3?

It's a strategy thing.  Do you want to go first and have all the favorites at any score of your choosing?  Or do you want to risk it and wait so you can have a better chance at getting 2nd and 3rd picks that will play?

You can't have both though.

No. Says it in the OP.

The advantage to going early is that you can stake your claim. Plus, again, we've never had to go to anyone's second pick yet.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Phil Mickelson -7 Rickie Fowler -4 Jim Furyk -4

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Jordan Spieth -8

Lucas Glover -8

Matt Every -8

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!