IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Pickin' season has begun. I'll be making some home made hot sauce again this year. I have six cayenne plants and six chilli plants and it's been a hot summer so they're pushing like crazy!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pickin' season has begun.

I'll be making some home made hot sauce again this year. I have six cayenne plants and six chilli plants and it's been a hot summer so they're pushing like crazy!

Nice!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

My wife drank my last Mexican Coke.

I was saving it to eat with a Gob.

:pound:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My wife drank my last Mexican Coke.

I was saving it to eat with a Gob.

I love those.

What's a Gob?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I love those.

What's a Gob?

http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/index.php?cPath=336_295_449

Chocolate cake with a cream (kinda firm though) filling.

And when I googled "oakmont bakery gob" the FOURTH RESULT was…

https://twitter.com/iacas/status/109027219543826432

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They look good. I've never been much for sweets, but I could go for something like that.

Although, I have been looking for a good place for macarons around here. Still no luck. I baked them myself for a while, but I got lazy.

Bill

My Swing Thread

I just gained 5 lbs. by reading this post. ;-)

- Shane

3x 12oz strip steaks and some grilled/seasoned fries for dinner. Also a Great Lakes Brewing Company Lake Erie Monster 4 pack for an appetizer!

• Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

They look good. I've never been much for sweets, but I could go for something like that.

I hate too much chocolate, or too much sweet. These are a pretty solid blend. Just enough sweetness, just enough cream.

Their macaroons are to die for, too. We'd never tried them until the last time… and this time we bought 14.

My wife and kid get the Oakmonter.

http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/product_info.php?cPath=336_290_309_352&products;_id=2280

Quote:
We start with our creamy Italian style cheesecake, then add a thick layer of fudge icing.  Next, a layer of moist, dark chocolate cake completes the inside of this amazing dessert.  The entire cake is then enrobed in a generous layer of our creamy milk chocolate frosting.  The decadence continues with drizzled ganache, chocolate bar pieces, cherries and vanilla cream artfully completing this original masterpiece!

It's a bit too much for me.

And their prices are pretty darn good too.

Seriously, I'm not sure which I like more in Oakmont: the bakery or the golf course.

Really looking forward to the chicken wings when I'm in Erie/Buffalo in a couple weeks :drool:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Really looking forward to the chicken wings when I'm in Erie/Buffalo in a couple weeks

Sorry. We sold out, freaky skinny dude.

My wife and kid get the Oakmonter. [URL=http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/product_info.php?cPath=336_290_309_352&products;_id=2280]http://shop.oakmontbakery.com/product_info.php?cPath=336_290_309_352&products;_id=2280[/URL] It's a bit too much for me.

Yea that looks ridiculous. I'd have to eat it one bite a day.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Yea that looks ridiculous. I'd have to eat it one bite a day.

They have single-serving sizes. I just linked to the big ones.

Took them two days to eat one of the little $4.50 ones. The cheesecake does cut the richness a little bit.

My wife drank my last Mexican Coke. I was saving it to eat with a Gob. :pound:

My brothers and sisters love Mexican coke. Of course they are beaners so i guess you could say it's genetic. It does taste better though.

Sorry. We sold out, freaky skinny dude.

Ok well I guess it's Outback and Chipotle then ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html

How about steaks cooked over LAVA!!! over 1000 degrees of seared goodness!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html

How about steaks cooked over LAVA!!! over 1000 degrees of seared goodness!

That's pretty cool, but for practicality, I'd stick with a Salamander. http://www.bluestarcooking.com/products/salamander-broiler

Bill

My Swing Thread

[URL=http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html]http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/chefs-cook-steak-over-molten-lava-200033056.html[/URL] How about steaks cooked over LAVA!!! over 1000 degrees of seared goodness!

Why does that article keeping saying "sealing the meat?" The whole thing about high heat sealing in the juices has been debunked.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7