IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

• Administrator

The two Delmonico steak sandwiches a friend and I ate tonight at a restaurant.

Mine (right) was over 1" thick and overflowed on all sides. My friend's was nearly 3/4" thick and was the size of two buns and then some.

Uhmmmm… It was a steak between a hamburger bun.

2020-01-17 17.31.25.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Naples National GC

thecountryclubcollection_87786904_183605036412537_109820110106109086_n.jpg

thecountryclubcollection_87682799_511467543107507_4490930383209845123_n.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 1 month later...

17480747-881A-41A9-BAAE-261B00750EFD.jpeg

I made Cacio e Pepe with spaghetti. I didn’t have Pecorino so I used Parmesan. This dish definitely could use the punch of Pecorino, though. Next time I’ll make sure I have some.

It’s not bad, but to be honest, my starchy water spaghetti dish of choice is Mentaiko Pasta.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

27 minutes ago, billchao said:

I made Cacio e Pepe with spaghetti. I didn’t have Pecorino so I used Parmesan. This dish definitely could use the punch of Pecorino, though. Next time I’ll make sure I have some.

It’s not bad, but to be honest, my starchy water spaghetti dish of choice is Mentaiko Pasta.

Nice!  I prefer a Carbonara, but agree, Pecorino.  :beer:

9 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Anyone else like the Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp? I'm freaking addicted to it

Love it!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

Nice!  I prefer a Carbonara, but agree, Pecorino.  :beer:

My kids love Carbonara, so it's a staple at our house.

I'll definitely try Cacio e Pepe again with Pecorino. Parmigiano Reggiano (I did use the real stuff) is too subtle for this dish.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I'll definitely try Cacio e Pepe again with Pecorino. Parmigiano Reggiano (I did use the real stuff) is too subtle for this dish.

I do prefer a pasta with a little more surface area than spaghetti for a thinner sauce like Cacio e Pepe.  Sometimes all you have is all you have though...  

In David's bag....

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Bill... if you're looking for more punch in your pasta give olio e aglio a try.  And don't skimp on the fresh garlic... Helps to keep social distancing to 6 feet or more.  😊

Edited by Double Mocha Man

10 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I do prefer a pasta with a little more surface area than spaghetti for a thinner sauce like Cacio e Pepe.  Sometimes all you have is all you have though...  

Yea I think it's more traditionally done with Bucatini. I had spaghetti.

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bill... if you're looking for more punch in your pasta give olio e aglio a try.  And don't skimp on the fresh garlic... Helps to keep social distancing to 6 feet or more.  😊

That's not the punch I'm referring to. Pecorino Romano is a sheep's milk cheese, so it's naturally tangier than Parmigiano Reggiano. It's also not aged as long, so it retains more of it's bite.

Bill

My Swing Thread

"There are certain dishes that just aren’t worth messing with — and spaghetti aglio e olio is one of them. As with all of the best Italian recipes, this one is greater than the sum of its parts. Take a couple of basic ingredients from the pantry — dry spaghetti, extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes — and together they become one of the simplest yet most satisfying pasta dishes on the planet.

This is like buttered noodles for adults, with the added benefit of each bite whisking you away to a tiny trattoria in Rome."

Sometimes I'll even stir in a bit of anchovy paste... to enhance things.  Supposedly anchovy paste can add 10 yards to your drives.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Sometimes I'll even stir in a bit of anchovy paste... to enhance things.  Supposedly anchovy paste can add 10 yards to your drives.

I eat anchovies straight from a can.

Bill

My Swing Thread

46 minutes ago, billchao said:

Maybe my favorite Italian pasta dish, but it has to be the authentic recipe made with eggs. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

Maybe my favorite Italian pasta dish, but it has to be the authentic recipe made with eggs. 

There's a recipe that doesn't call for eggs?

My Carbonara recipe is American - I use bacon. I don't know where to get guanciale.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

Who on God’s green earth would try to make carbonara without eggs?!  😱

Probably the same people that use bacon instead of pancetta!  :-D

1 minute ago, billchao said:

My Carbonara recipe is American - I use bacon. I don't know where to get guanciale.

I swear I typed mine before I read that!   :-D

In David's bag....

Just now, billchao said:

Prepare yourself for the bastardized version!!!

picSPqXVw.jpg

I saw this on the Food Network show Quick Fix Meals the other day. I liked the fact that there were no cream or eggs involved in this recipe.

I think that is why most Italian restaurants don't want to cook it. They are probably fearful of the egg not cooking fully. Though pasteurized eggs are really safe. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just now, saevel25 said:

Prepare yourself for the bastardized version!!!

picSPqXVw.jpg

I saw this on the Food Network show Quick Fix Meals the other day. I liked the fact that there were no cream or eggs involved in this recipe.

I think that is why most Italian restaurants don't want to cook it. They are probably fearful of the egg not cooking fully. Though pasteurized eggs are really safe. 

Noooooooo!   

In David's bag....