IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

The tracking info online said I should expect my book to get here next Friday the 27th.

It actually arrived today so I am about to get on with reading.

Thanks @iacas .

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm still waiting for delivery confirmation. :-O

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

i'm on to my second reading of it. I gotta say that once read it once you will NEVER look at the game of golf or a golf course the way you did before you read it.

I've played as low as a 4 cap and what Erik and Dave have done is literally opens your eyes to the bs and lies about the game. Plus you will learn about your own game and create a plan of attack the very next time you play. As an added bonus your stratagem or plan is universal as you the player can take your game and apply to any course.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

i'm on to my second reading of it. I gotta say that once read it once you will NEVER look at the game of golf or a golf course the way you did before you read it. I've played as low as a 4 cap and what Erik and Dave have done is literally opens your eyes to the bs and lies about the game. Plus you will learn about your own game and create a plan of attack the very next time you play. As an added bonus your stratagem or plan is universal as you the player can take your game and apply to any course.

Well put. I'd say the same thing. Just a damn good book. I want Brandle Chamblee to read it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My copy arrives next week. I'm excited to say the least!

I rate this book so highly that it's in my top 3. LSW Mind Swings by Masters and Burns Ray Floyds book about how to play golf. Btw in that order too. Mark my words about how it changes the way you think and make decisions around the course based on YOUR game. Let us know what you think when you have read it. Enjoy.

I shot my lowest score ever after the book.  I made decisions I would have never made prior to reading.  I can't wait to see the scores go down even more as I gain confidence in the strategies they teach.

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

I made decisions I would have never made prior to reading.

That better be a teaser for the longer write-up you are working on...

That better be a teaser for the longer write-up you are working on...

I did this a little while back and posted it in the Breaking 80 with LSW forum:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/80905/breaking-80-with-the-help-of-lsw/18#post_1119259

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

@Jakester23 , I quoted you from a different thread and am posting a reply to you here because it would be OT in the original thread.

If you have read lowest score wins closer is always better (ngir).

I don't believe it is as simple as that. The object is to score lower, not just to be as close to the hole as possible on every shot. Being closer increases the likelihood of shooting a better score, but there are times where being too aggressive isn't the right play, either. Having a nGIR is only valuable if you're not risking any additional strokes in getting there.

Also if you have your shot zones mapped out you should still be playable with your misses.

This statement is also too absolute, IMO. Remember, your Shot Zones are your tendencies, minus outliers. It's still perfectly within reason to know your Shot Zone and still hit a shot that lands outside of it.

My typical shot is a draw. Miss tends to over-draw. I still hit the occasional push-fade. I have to plan my shots to go left of my aim line because that's what they'll do most of the time and hope I don't hit one right that gets me in trouble. If I setup for the push-fade to be a playable miss, I'm most likely going to miss the majority of my shots left of my target, with the occasional shot missing right.

Which kind of brings me back to the original discussion. If my mis-hits off line are slightly shorter, it could mean the difference between hitting a ball into trouble or not, which can actually save strokes.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Bill I was taking for granted that fact that your playing a smart shot. That being determine by your decision maps and shot zones. If you switch to blades and know your miss tends to be short how comfortable are you with a forced carry? You should be fine if you take that into account. It shouldn't be any different with GI's. Obviously you worst shot is going to have bad results no matter which clubs your using. All I was saying missing short isn't going to make you score better. A green side chip is easier than a 30 yard pitch. I don't think there is anything wrong with playing blades but now I'm off topic.

I have to  re read mine, I read it when my course was shutting down last yr and wasn't attentive enough.. :blink:

I've read mine all the way through probably 3 times and skipped around from chapter to chapter at least 2 or 3 more times. It's hard to retain it all throughout winter. Taking my course management for granted cost me my best 9 holes score at a tough course this year already.

Hopefully have some time to start reading my copy tonight.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I swear during the shot zone and decision map chapters I was thinking will it ever end, seemed like overkill. Now on the course I can't get it out of my head. IMO that's the best part of the book.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

I swear during the shot zone and decision map chapters I was thinking will it ever end, seemed like overkill. Now on the course I can't get it out of my head. IMO that's the best part of the book.

Thanks. I think. :) We wanted to hammer that part home, but at the end of the day it's awfully simple.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It is simple and when you start to notice where you leak shots to par you will know why. Personally I'm leaking shots on par 3's and my approach shots. Everything else is quite solid. An example yesterday when I played a comp round I hit 91% of fairwsys yet only had 44% of gir. I'm hitting great shots like a scratch golfer but scoring like a 11 cap. Go figure.