IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moxie Dawn

FWIW, I had no idea what Molly was until a year or so ago, but maybe I'm old.

I still have no idea what Molly is. What happened to the good 'ol days when your football heroes were just drunks and gamblers?

LOL!  Kenny Stabler is alive a well!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Josh Gordon is going to sell cars while he's suspended! I love it.

Quote:

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, suspended WR Josh Gordon will begin work this weekend for Sarchione Auto group in Randolph, Ohio.

Per Anderson, Gordon will work in all aspects of the car business including as an on-floor salesman. He'll also be a "goodwill ambassador," heading all of Sarchione's local community efforts such as the Wounded Warriors Project. Gordon will not be paid his $825,604 Browns salary during his suspension, and an effort to sign in the CFL was also shot down.

And keeping with my previous theme:

Hehe.

Constantine

Hehe.

I feel bad for the kid, the US and professional sports need to get their act straight with regards to recreational drugs, specifically marijuana.  Gordon is losing his income for an entire season for using a drug that is legal to use in some states and isn't even tested for in the NBA.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Hehe.

I feel bad for the kid, the US and professional sports need to get their act straight with regards to recreational drugs, specifically marijuana.  Gordon is losing his income for an entire season for using a drug that is legal to use in some states and isn't even tested for in the NBA.

Regardless of whether or not the rule needs to change, there is a rule in place.  He broke it.  Seems pretty clear cut to me.  I do not feel bad for him at all.  He took a risk, and got caught.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

You know, I'm pretty sure Josh Gordan was at my school the other day with a baggie full of Kush and a Smith & Wesson. True story. I feel bad for him. Homie was just trying to get a lift. He wasn't jackin' PED's or ****ing with some nose candy.

Riley

Regardless of whether or not the rule needs to change, there is a rule in place.  He broke it.  Seems pretty clear cut to me.  I do not feel bad for him at all.  He took a risk, and got caught.

Yup. He should have just gotten pinned with felony gun charges, airport bomb threats, or beating the s*** out of his woman. Much less time off.

BTW, it's arguable whether or not he "broke it". With as low as the NFL tests, you would fail the test after going to a Dave Matthews concert.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Me too. I'm baffled by what this league thinks is "important" in terms of personal conduct.

Here's the deal. Josh passed more than 70 drug screenings before the one that was questlionably positive. Two samples from the same piss. One is one nanogram/litre above the limit, and the second sample is nearly two nanograms/litre BELOW the limit. That's inconclusive at best. Would you convict someone on that evidence? I wouldn't. And the limit is based on WADA standards which have since been raised to 150 ng/l, 10 times higher than the NFL's baseline.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Yup. He should have just gotten pinned with felony gun charges, airport bomb threats, or beating the s*** out of his woman. Much less time off. BTW, it's arguable whether or not he "broke it". With as low as the NFL tests, you would fail the test after going to a Dave Matthews concert.

Aldon Smith has a check in 2/3. I am sad. To be fair, the gun laws suck here. ZING But yeah, don't threat and airport with a bomb.

Riley

Yup. He should have just gotten pinned with felony gun charges, airport bomb threats, or beating the s*** out of his woman. Much less time off. BTW, it's arguable whether or not he "broke it". With as low as the NFL tests, you would fail the test after going to a Dave Matthews concert.

Couldnt agree more.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Multiple violations, however. At some point, regardless your position on rec drugs, you gotta pay for your insubordination or stupidity, take your pick. No sympathy from here but I do hope he's learned a lesson from it, which, after all is the purpose. At least, that's why I punish my kids.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Multiple violations, however. At some point, regardless your position on rec drugs, you gotta pay for your insubordination or stupidity, take your pick. No sympathy from here but I do hope he's learned a lesson from it, which, after all is the purpose. At least, that's why I punish my kids.

Josh Gordon likes weed.

Riley

Josh Gordon likes weed.

Tru dat.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

As far as I can tell, the NBA does test for weed. It's pretty lenient (in that they only test 4 times a year and they don't issue suspensions until the third violation), but they do test for it: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/29/4671280/nba-drug-use-tmz-lamar-odom-marijuana [QUOTE]NBA players are tested for drugs four times per season. There are formal penalties for positive tests. As I've recently noted, one of the brilliant things about the NBA's drug program is that those who test positive for marijuana are kept secret until their third offense -- then they get hit with the telltale five-game suspension. ... I have little doubt that there is rampant marijuana use in the NBA. I have little doubt that there is rampant marijuana use by any group of younger-than-40 rich people. Two states did make recreational pot legal a couple months ago. Attitudes on the drug have changed, largely in younger generations. The NBA has rules against it, so players are at least somewhat careful. (That does not apply to Michael Beasley.) But it's not some great revelation that NBA players smoke. Nor is it really much of a problem. At least there's no evidence that it's hurting the players, their families or anyone else.[/QUOTE] http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/51305/gaps-in-nba-drug-testing [QUOTE]The NBA’s first confirmed performance-enhancing drug cheaters received five-game suspensions. More recently, 10 games has been the norm. As of the 2011-2012 season, the punishments have been ramped up. For a first doping offense, it’s a 20-game suspension. A second failure calls for 45 games. A third positive test results in banishment from the league. In contrast, a first failed test for “drugs of abuse” -- cocaine, speed, heroin, LSD and the like -- results in instant disqualification from the league. In some cases, most recently Chris Andersen, such players are later reinstated. Marijuana has its own more lenient standards, where a first positive test results in treatment, a second positive result means treatment and a fine, and third positive test calls for a five-game suspension. [/QUOTE] Not that I disagree with your main point. Just want to make sure the facts are straight.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Here's the deal. Josh passed more than 70 drug screenings before the one that was questlionably positive. Two samples from the same piss. One is one nanogram/litre above the limit, and the second sample is nearly two nanograms/litre BELOW the limit. That's inconclusive at best. Would you convict someone on that evidence? I wouldn't. And the limit is based on WADA standards which have since been raised to 150 ng/l, 10 times higher than the NFL's baseline.

Maybe I would and maybe I would not.  Not really my decision to make (and I don't have the expertise to say).

My initial point was solely based on the premise that he did in fact break the rule.  I do not have sympathy for rule breakers.  If he did in fact use marijuana (I don't want to argue that point), he had to know the potential consequences.  And still chose to jeopardize his career?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

As far as I can tell, the NBA does test for weed. It's pretty lenient (in that they only test 4 times a year and they don't issue suspensions until the third violation), but they do test for it:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/29/4671280/nba-drug-use-tmz-lamar-odom-marijuana

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/51305/gaps-in-nba-drug-testing

Not that I disagree with your main point. Just want to make sure the facts are straight.

My understanding is they test rookies 4 times a year but after the rookie year they are tested once in the off-season.  I have seen conflicting reports, so maybe that's not current policy.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!