IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really?  A celebrity round?  I think Tom Watson said it pretty well earlier today:  "He is Tiger Woods."  Does he have more majors than the rest of the field combined?  (Obviously not, especially with Watson in the field, but you get the point.)

He was Tiger Woods. He hasn't been that Tiger Woods since his wife attacked his car with a golf club. The point is, this is a major championship, not an episode of "where are they now". It's a competition. Interested viewers might like to see those players who are actually competitive.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Come on Mickelson.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really?  A celebrity round?  I think Tom Watson said it pretty well earlier today:  "He is Tiger Woods."  Does he have more majors than the rest of the field combined?  (Obviously not, especially with Watson in the field, but you get the point.)

What you're saying is that Tiger Woods is bigger than the competition then? because he's certainly having no bearing on this one. Sad state of affairs, and shame on the USPGA that they've allowed such a situation to develop.

One day Tiger won't be able to play, what are you going to do then? Where's your Plan B? Perhaps they'll have a hologram walking the fairways and you'll tune into watch that. Actually don't give them ideas, they'd probably do it. Hey you could even introduce Jack and they could play a fantasy match against each other

I actually enjoy watching golf now and then though, but this isn't golf. This is some morbid almost ghoulish freak show. I don't enjoy a punch drunk boxer getting a thumping either. Referees are allowed to stop the fight, and so too are television directors. I really don't know if I blame the broadcaster or the audience that has been conditioned to this though

Do the Tigerists still want to send him over the Gleneagles to boost the ratings. Guess what folks. TV ratings won't win you a Ryder Cup. Need to get your priorities sorted out I'm afraid

What you're saying is that Tiger Woods is bigger than the competition then? because he's certainly having no bearing on this one. Sad state of affairs, and shame on the USPGA that they've allowed such a situation to develop.

It's Friday.

One day Tiger won't be able to play, what are you going to do then? Where's your Plan B? Perhaps they'll have a hologram walking the fairways and you'll tune into watch that. Actually don't give them ideas, they'd probably do it. Hey you could even introduce Jack and they could play a fantasy match against each other

I actually enjoy watching golf now and then though, but this isn't golf. This is some morbid almost ghoulish freak show. I don't enjoy a punch drunk boxer getting a thumping either. Referees are allowed to stop the fight, and so too are television directors. I really don't know if I blame the broadcaster or the audience that has been conditioned to this though

Do the Tigerists still want to send him over the Gleneagles to boost the ratings. Guess what folks. TV ratings won't win you a Ryder Cup. Need to get your priorities sorted out I'm afraid

Dude. He's coming off back surgery. Yeesh.

What you're saying is that Tiger Woods is bigger than the competition then?

Yes, he's bigger than the competitors, and bigger than any single tournament. Even a major. Let's put it this way: in any given field, Tiger will own roughly 1/3 of the total wins for that field, as well as roughly 1/3 of the total major wins in the field. He's not getting even close to 1/3 of the total TV minutes, even though he's getting more than any other three players combined. His coverage is not disproportionate to his status. The rest of your post was a combination of nonsense and gibberish.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

It's Friday.

And.....? Has he got some sort of contract ? Or are you saying that the day of the week is more important than the tournament? I don't get it. If all the coverage on a Friday is about Tiger Woods, why can't they give him a show called "Tigers Man Friday - a walk in the Woods" and people can watch recordings of Tiger hacking a ball round with celebrities whilst golf fans watch a tournament

Yes, he's bigger than the competitors, and bigger than any single tournament.

So the Masters would collapse then if Tiger retired tomorrow? I don't think so. Last time I checked the Masters and the US Open were both bigger than Tiger Woods and will be more enduring than him. So to will golf. Get over it.

Lee Westwood struggling. Damn. Double bogey Par (nice save, should been bogey) Bogey (nice up n down from drop zone, coulda been double bogey) Bogey ( three putt) Terrible stretch on Friday to fade from top of leaderboard.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

So the Masters would collapse then if Tiger retired tomorrow? I don't think so. Last time I checked the Masters and the US Open were both bigger than Tiger Woods and will be more enduring than him. So to will golf. Get over it.

As I recall, the 2014 Masters (which is what I meant by a single tournament--ie he's bigger than the 2014 PGA Championship) suffered greatly from Tiger's absence.

Kevin

Come on Ilonen and Wiesberger.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

As I recall, the 2014 Masters (which is what I meant by a single tournament--ie he's bigger than the 2014 PGA Championship) suffered greatly from Tiger's absence.

Yes, but the fact the finish was unexciting contributed.

Riley

[quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/76282/2014-pga-championship-discussion-thread/720#post_1036372"]Tigers playing like a 6 handicap [/quote] God , I hope not ! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yes, but the fact the finish was unexciting contributed.

The finish was still full of hope when ticket prices collapsed on his withdrawal announcement. Not a single shot had been struck.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!