IGNORED

Bubba Protests Long Drive Competition at PGA

newtogolf
Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is this just Bubba being Bubba or should the PGA reconsider holding a long drive compeition during a practice round?

• Bubba needs to get over himself
    • PGA should let the golfers prepare for the tournament without unnecessary distractions.

[LIST=1] [*] Louis - 340 [*] Jason Day - 338 [*] Johan Kok - 337 [*] Gary Woodland - 330 [*] Rickie Fowler - 328 [*] Keegan Bradley - 326 [/LIST]

Who in the world is Johan Kok? He sounds like a generated golfer on a non-licensed golf game.

Riley

Who in the world is Johan Kok? He sounds like a generated golfer on a non-licensed golf game.
  • Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No idea, but that's what the TV said.  Maybe the kid in the truck was trying to read bad handwriting and didn't know who Jason Kokrak was??  I don't know.

Upon further review, apparently he is a club pro, good for him.http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/columnists/tim-sullivan/2014/07/26/pga-championship-true-valhalla-golf-club-pros/13216933/

Riley

Alright, Bubba is an ass.  He says he doesn't care what other people think about him, which is nonsense.  He has sponsors, for one.  Then he pulls out some tired Christian bullshit about reading the Bible.  I mean, how are these two things related?  What a turd.

I was wondering how long it would take for the "Christian bullshit" discussion to start. I don't really give a flying leap what these guys say or do, especially in a practice round. In fact I might like the ones a bit more that are not afraid to be a bit of an ass. At least they are somewhat real. With that I'll bow out now that the over generalization religious lambasting has started.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I don't really give a flying leap what these guys say or do, especially in a practice round. In fact I might like the ones a bit more that are not afraid to be a bit of an ass. At least they are somewhat real.

I think you would have liked what Nobilo had to say then.   It was similar. :beer:

I don't really care about his religion. The Ned Flanders stuff can get annoying, but whatever man, live your life however you want. What bothers me about him is his constant whining. He seems to have a beef with the course or spectators. At Pinehurst, he said the course was too hard before the tournament. In Europe, he seems to not like anything about it. His ignorance about France was hilarious, but I suppose that's not his job. Today he makes a simple thing into a huge deal. All he needed to do was decline, he didn't need to go on some spiel about how he thinks it's nonsense. When NBA player decline to be in the slam dunk contest, they just say no. They don't go on a rant about how it's a waste of time and stupid. Cut out the talk, play golf. He's becoming lamer and less cool John Daly. Just my 2 cents on Bubba.
  • Upvote 1

Riley

I was wondering how long it would take for the "Christian bullshit" discussion to start.

I don't really give a flying leap what these guys say or do, especially in a practice round. In fact I might like the ones a bit more that are not afraid to be a bit of an ass. At least they are somewhat real. With that I'll bow out now that the over generalization religious lambasting has started.

Look, it's Christian bullshit when they use their religion to justify their awful behavior.  My dad (Morty Seinfeld) has dealt with this thing in Myrtle being on his condo board a bunch of times with contractors.  They're getting ripped off, my dad calls them on it, and their defense isn't that they're innocent, but that they're Christian, so they MUST be a good person, and not a snake ripping people off.

Bubba's statement about reading the Bible was, in effect, saying that as a Christian, he's going to heaven and all that, so why would he care about how other people view him?  And if we can extrapolate from that, why does it matter how he treats people?  He acted like a shit, and hid behind his religion.

"Witty golf quote."

Look, it's Christian bullshit when they use their religion to justify their awful behavior.  My dad (Morty Seinfeld) has dealt with this thing in Myrtle being on his condo board a bunch of times with contractors.  They're getting ripped off, my dad calls them on it, and their defense isn't that they're innocent, but that they're Christian, so they MUST be a good person, and not a snake ripping people off.

Bubba's statement about reading the Bible was, in effect, saying that as a Christian, he's going to heaven and all that, so why would he care about how other people view him?  And if we can extrapolate from that, why does it matter how he treats people?  He acted like a shit, and hid behind his religion.

But @cipher 's point is that you're pointing the finger in the wrong place.  It's not Christian bullshit, it's Bubba's bullshit.  And your dads condo boards bullshit.  The comment "... some tired Christian bullshit ..." sounds a lot like you have a problem with Christianity, as opposed to just Bubba.

Not saying you do, just saying that is one way it could sound, and to make generalizations about the religion based on one ass and one group of asses is completely unfair.

• Upvote 3

But @cipher's point is that you're pointing the finger in the wrong place.  It's not Christian bullshit, it's Bubba's bullshit.  And your dads condo boards bullshit.  The comment "... some tired Christian bullshit ..." sounds a lot like you have a problem with Christianity, as opposed to just Bubba.

Not saying you do, just saying that is one way it could sound, and to make generalizations about the religion based on one ass and one group of asses is completely unfair.

Fair enough.  I suppose a "good" Christian wouldn't use those tactics?  I don't know.

But I am the kind of person who likes science, and that inevitably puts me at odds with religion.

"Witty golf quote."

Nobody is forcing him to participate, so I don't see the issue here.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Nobody is forcing him to participate, so I don't see the issue here.

Like others have mentioned, Bubba himself said that he'd use driver on the hole, so what good did teeing off with a 3 iron do, other than provide another example of how he's a world class prick? There are also the people who were there to see Bubba, the longest hitter on tour, and he gave them the proverbial slap in the face. I can't see how anyone likes the guy for anything other than his golfing ability. Maybe they don't, I'm not sure.

-Rich

I'm a Bubba fan, but this seems like a huge over-reaction.    Only thing I can think of from his viewpoint is that everyone thinks he should win the long drive & maybe he didn't want the pressure of losing it or the hype if he won it.     Bubba loses fan points on this one ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Couldn't vote because I agree with both sentiments.

On the one hand, they're there (or "there they're" if you're @saevel25 ) to learn the course and prep for a golf tournament, the long drive is hokey and unnecessary and shouldn't be imposed upon them.

OTOH, Bubba could just hit a regular drive and continue on with his practice round, no need to make any ado about it at all. Heck, he might even win with his "regular" drive.

I am getting pretty sick of Bubba Watson in general.  OT, but watching him putt makes me a worse putter by osmosis. :yucky:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!