IGNORED

PHENOMS -- Please check in! You've been awfully quiet.

Shorty
Note: This thread is 3511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any updates from the guys who were going to be on tour a year or two after picking up the game?

The ones with a "tour level" iron and wood game, but who need to improve their putting?

What about the two who are going to walk up the 18th at Augusta together on a Sunday?

How about the one with no backup plan, meaning he had no option but to succeed?

Or the ones who think it's just about how much you "want it"?

Maybe even the ones who are in their 30's, but used to play baseball? What's going on?

There must be at least dozen of you out there.

Love to see some egg on the faces of the haters.

Anyone down to 12 yet?

Anyone made the final 32 of their Junior Club Championship?

Just asking! ;-)

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Present!! If I can get my tee shots to look like my provisionals I'm there! I've got the desire and I won't take no for an answer. #therealdeal

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Present!!

I've got the desire and I won't take no for an answer.

That'll do me!

You're off the MIA list.

I would have walked up the 18th fairway at Augusta but for some reason I didn't get my invitation. Lost in the mail I guess.

(Maybe next year). ;-)

turns out I just don't have the distance - based on the posts here, I figured I can't even try until I get my full 8 iron up to about 230 yards

not there yet......

• Upvote 1

Bill - 

Here I am, almost down to a 3...

Excellent. Keep working at it :-)

I'm here. As you know, m y short game is lights out, and my putting is absolutely at a tour level. My wedges are dead on point and my irons are solid. I could not warm up at all and have them lights out in one swing. I feel like with my length and how solid my irons are, if the ball is in the fairway all day, just go home, you're done. Write the check right there.

-Rich

I'm here. As you know, my short game is lights out, and my putting is absolutely at a tour level. My wedges are dead on point and my irons are solid. I could not warm up at all and have them lights out in one swing. I feel like with my length and how solid my irons are, if the ball is in the fairway all day, just go home, you're done. Write the check right there.

As long as you want it, it'll happen. It has to.

Here are some of the those guys and their respective threads. I wonder where they are now (well, except one: we know where @mjbond23 is. Hope he does well out on the mini-tours).

@FutureTourPro

@Travis Robinson

@Skruf93

@mjbond23

He's already followed up though and is about to start on the minitours. Good for him, actually going for it.

I'm just including him because he's technically apart of this group.

@radycardia

@tsdnorton

And my all-time favorite:

@804golfer

I'm not a hater (but still consider me someone who knows it's a snowball's chance in hell), but it really would be interesting to hear what these guys (except mjbond of course) have to say about this now, a few years later.

You guys remember any of the other threads on this? I couldn't have just found all of them.

• Upvote 3

Constantine

I gave up the dream of being a tour pro.  Apparently you have to consume a lot of drugs and have sex with a lot of skanky women.  But there are some down sides as well.

My next dream is to beat Usain Bolt in both the 100 and 200.  That one will have to wait a little as i pulled a hammy in a pick-up beer league softball game.  And at 57, i don't heal as quickly as i usd to.

• Upvote 1

Occam's razor

I woke up this morning and realized I'm 54 and my HC is 13.  Time to enact the back up plan!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I woke up this morning and realized I'm 54 and my HC is 13.  Time to enact the back up plan!

Champions Tour?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Champions Tour?

Do they have a mini-golf version?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Here are some of the those guys and their respective threads. I wonder where they are now (well, except one: we know where @mjbond23 is. Hope he does well out on the mini-tours).

@FutureTourPro

Come on now... did you even read this thread?  ;)

• Upvote 1

Come on now... did you even read this thread?  ;)

Busted! But a nice effort by @jetsfan nonetheless.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 3511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!