IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

It's just like a camera, except WITHOUT the little preview screen.  ;)  You can take a bunch of pictures and store them on there until the memory is all used up, but then you can't do anything with them until you download to a computer.

You can, however, make an account and start following others and enjoy the "social" aspect of the site at anytime.  You don't even need to own a gadget yet.

Thank you for removing the one crutch I had to lean on for my self-restraint. ;-)

I don't know that i'll make it through the day without buying it.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for removing the one crutch I had to lean on for my self-restraint.

I don't know that i'll make it through the day without buying it.

What?!?!?!  I was trying to tell you NOT to buy it yet.  Oh lord, where did I go wrong?!?!?! :-P

The one thing I have been wondering is if the stats reset at the beginning of the year? I would definitely want it to do that or to be able to do that.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

What does that mean?, [SIZE=8px] said the a-hole who lives in an area without seasons. [/SIZE]:banana:

Hehe, no I just want to be able to see how my stats compare from year to year. Also if I start playing very well or very poorly two years from now it would take too long to change the overall data if it does not reset to give an accurate account of the way you have been playing for the past year or so.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Hehe, no I just want to be able to see how my stats compare from year to year. Also if I start playing very well or very poorly two years from now it would take too long to change the overall data if it does not reset to give an accurate account of the way you have been playing for the past year or so.

If you log in now, are you able to filter states with date ranges?

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I can look into that in a little bit.

Nate

I am not seeing where you can look at certain dates.  You can in the analysis portion look at your last ten rounds or just your last round, but I don't see where you can sort dashboard stats or distances.  I would want that to reset because it would not be accurate if it does not reset at least once a year.  For example at the beginning of last year I was 15 yards shorter with all my irons.  I would not want to see the average of what I was doing then and now. I will just emailed them to ask if the dashboard/profile stats and distances reset once and a while.

Nate

• Administrator

One thing I'm noticing, though, is that it's a little weird when you realize that everybody that follows you will know when and where you played golf the second you sign that round into the website.  AND, I don't think that there is a way to prevent people from following you.  That means that if you're like me and like to occasionally sneak out of work in the afternoon to play, you'd better not have co-workers or bosses that are also golfers and are aware of the GG.

They're aware of some of the inherent issues with an "all public, all the time" style of community controls. They did it, obviously, because they want to encourage "community building," but people don't join and stay within communities that give away too much information.

I am not seeing where you can look at certain dates.  You can in the analysis portion look at your last ten rounds or just your last round, but I don't see where you can sort dashboard stats or distances.  I would want that to reset because it would not be accurate if it does not reset at least once a year.  For example at the beginning of last year I was 15 yards shorter with all my irons.  I would not want to see the average of what I was doing then and now. I will just emailed them to ask if the dashboard/profile stats and distances reset once and a while.

You could always create another account. :)

I'm going to compile a list of these good and unanswered questions and get them to the GAME Golf people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am not seeing where you can look at certain dates.  You can in the analysis portion look at your last ten rounds or just your last round, but I don't see where you can sort dashboard stats or distances.  I would want that to reset because it would not be accurate if it does not reset at least once a year.  For example at the beginning of last year I was 15 yards shorter with all my irons.  I would not want to see the average of what I was doing then and now. I will just emailed them to ask if the dashboard/profile stats and distances reset once and a while.

Yeah, I see the same thing.  Only filter by all rounds, or last "x" rounds, but no option for specific dates.  This is at least one example of the type of stuff that I think they will keep improving upon with the software, as time goes on.

You could always create another account. :)

I'm going to compile a list of these good and unanswered questions and get them to the GAME Golf people.

Good point.  If I had to I would definitely do that.

Yeah, I see the same thing.  Only filter by all rounds, or last "x" rounds, but no option for specific dates.  This is at least one example of the type of stuff that I think they will keep improving upon with the software, as time goes on.

Yeah I agree.  If nothing else the email I sent will get them to "consider" it.

Nate

If you have the ear of someone there:

Features:

1. Allow some support for marking the hole location while on the course (either by an extra putt, or a separate tag) .

2. Add a GHIN-type warning for obvious errors when signing a round: "You are signing a round with a 450yard drive", is that correct?

3. Ask what tees are being played so the slope/rating/differential can be displayed with your scores.

Bugs:

1. If you edit a round and move a putt from off the green to on the green change the automatic on/off determination automatically. I had a round missing several putts because the GPS originally put both putts (and the hole) off the green. I moved them on to the green and ended up with zero putts.

2. There appears to be an un-advertised minimum refresh rate on the GPS. Several times I have tagged a shot and had it show up where I had been previously rather than where I was (most noticeably placing the spot on the cart path rather than on the tee box when I tee off quickly). Either mention that you should be in the same place for X seconds to tag, or have the device tag the next update (rather than the last).

• Administrator

Originally Posted by fr0sty

1. Allow some support for marking the hole location while on the course (either by an extra putt, or a separate tag).

I don't agree with that. It needlessly complicates things. It's not something I would consider to be a good UX, for a few reasons.

2. Add a GHIN-type warning for obvious errors when signing a round: "You are signing a round with a 450yard drive", is that correct?

That might not be too bad. @Golfingdad could have used one for "You don't seem to have teed off on this hole, but you're putting on the green, so… WTF?"

1. If you edit a round and move a putt from off the green to on the green change the automatic on/off determination automatically. I had a round missing several putts because the GPS originally put both putts (and the hole) off the green. I moved them on to the green and ended up with zero putts.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't consider that a HUGE bug, and maybe their reasoning is that GPS is only accurate to about three yards, so if you have to push your tee shot farther into the fairway to get it to recognize as "fairway" it's not a big deal, but it's more important on a putt.

2. There appears to be an un-advertised minimum refresh rate on the GPS. Several times I have tagged a shot and had it show up where I had been previously rather than where I was (most noticeably placing the spot on the cart path rather than on the tee box when I tee off quickly). Either mention that you should be in the same place for X seconds to tag, or have the device tag the next update (rather than the last).

I'm guessing the device simply polls for current GPS position every 5-10 seconds (or else it might chew through a battery much faster), so sometimes it misses it slightly. So… stand in one place for five seconds before tagging. There, it's mentioned. :) Or just edit them slightly after the round. I like doing this anyway - it makes me look at each shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That might not be too bad. @Golfingdad could have used one for "You don't seem to have teed off on this hole, but you're putting on the green, so… WTF?"

LOL, true.  Although, I needlessly complicated things there because it was my first round and I didn't know the easiest workaround.  Now I realize that it would have been a lot easier to just tag the wrong club and go back and edit the club later, instead of having to manually add the entire shot.  Leaving off that shot completely confused the system for both of those holes. ;)

But, yes, this would still work for the occasions where you simply forget to tag one.

I'm guessing the device simply polls for current GPS position every 5-10 seconds (or else it might chew through a battery much faster), so sometimes it misses it slightly. So… stand in one place for five seconds before tagging. There, it's mentioned. :) Or just edit them slightly after the round. I like doing this anyway - it makes me look at each shot.

I agree.  I tagged a few of my last putts while I was moving, but it didn't matter because you want to go edit all of that stuff anyways.

I just heard back from Game Golf, that was fast. @iacas , @Golfingdad and @dsc123 , this is pretty cool.  Your average score, GIR, FIR, Scrambling and other stats are all only considering your last 20 rounds.  After twenty the oldest round comes off. So just like your HC, it is a representation of your last 20.  Nicely done! One correction: They are still working on club distances and averages though on the profile page for making this represent your last 20.  In the analysis tab at the top you can look at your stats and shots from your last round, your last ten, or if you select "all rounds" it is calculating your last 20.  Personally, IMO, and in my book(Hi Shorty) this is probably one of the most exciting and useful technologies to hit golf in a while, that is also affordable to the average golfer.

• Upvote 1

Nate

I just heard back from Game Golf, that was fast.  @iacas, @Golfingdad and @dsc123, this is pretty cool.  Your average score, GIR, FIR, Scrambling and other stats are all only considering your last 20 rounds.  After twenty the oldest round comes off. So just like your HC, it is a representation of your last 20.  Nicely done!  One correction:  They are still working on club distances and averages though on the profile page for making this represent your last 20.  In the analysis tab at the top you can look at your stats and shots from your last round, your last ten, or if you select "all rounds" it is calculating your last 20.  Personally, IMO, and in my book(Hi Shorty) this is probably one of the most exciting and useful technologies to hit golf in a while, that is also affordable to the average golfer.

Thanks for following up on this!

Keeping it to the last 20 sounds much more useful, though it would be cool to have the option to go back further.  Given one or the other, the last 20 is definitely preferable.

I've had a browser tab open all day with game golf in my amazon shopping cart...staring at me...teasing me...telling me it could be in my hands by friday with just one click...but we just bought our first house and I keep telling my wife to stop spending money....damn it.

I'm going to have to leave work early Friday to make sure I get to the mail first.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I've had a browser tab open all day with game golf in my amazon shopping cart...staring at me...teasing me...telling me it could be in my hands by friday with just one click...but we just bought our first house and I keep telling my wife to stop spending money....damn it.

Dude, be careful!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have Amazon Prime??  It's ridiculous how easy it is to buy stuff on there ... one freaking click!!!  You could see a cockroach crawl across your desk, get startled, and all of a sudden, BAM!!!, Game Golf on your doorstep.

Watch yourself. :-P

Dude, be careful!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have Amazon Prime??  It's ridiculous how easy it is to buy stuff on there ... one freaking click!!!  You could see a cockroach crawl across your desk, get startled, and all of a sudden, BAM!!!, Game Golf on your doorstep.

Watch yourself.

Tell me about it. I REALLY want to click the order button on this, but just can't right now. Stinks.

- Shane