IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

I totally read that.

It says it's just for Barney so I didn't read it. It's all probably just a top secret plan to get me to play more golf ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It says it's just for Barney so I didn't read it. It's all probably just a top secret plan to get me to play more golf ;-)

yeah, me too. Unlike Ernest, I follow directions and my name is Drew so ... I have no idea what that note says. ;)

Yeah I lost my 5 iron tag and they give you some spare tags with different symbols (star, circle, triangle). It was easy to designate a "symbol" tag for the 5 iron and it worked when I uploaded my round yesterday.

@Golfingdad I'm not sure if you can buy extra ones but it would be easy to take the tags off and put them on a different set of clubs.

Unfortunately, I lost 2 tags in my first round this weekend.  Nearly lost a third, but after losing 2, I started to check after each shot and was able to find it before walking away.  I'm not really sure what causes the tags to fall out.  The threads are pretty coarse and feel secure when installing.

Other than losing the tags, the system is super easy to use.  The only time I seemed to forget to tag was when putting.  Even though this was my first use, tagging fit fairly natural into my pre-shot routine.  The belt clip is small and light, no worries about it effecting your swing.

I haven't messed with the online portion much with only 1 round worth of data.  I have a couple rounds scheduled this week and plan to explore the output more with a bit more data.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

• Administrator

Unfortunately, I lost 2 tags in my first round this weekend.  Nearly lost a third, but after losing 2, I started to check after each shot and was able to find it before walking away.  I'm not really sure what causes the tags to fall out.  The threads are pretty coarse and feel secure when installing.

Are they in the bottom of your bag? Or they fell out after your shot, somehow? I occasionally check to make sure mine are still "tight" and one or two have required a half or quarter turn, but I haven't lost any. @mvmac lost one of his.

Other than losing the tags, the system is super easy to use. The only time I seemed to forget to tag was when putting.  Even though this was my first use, tagging fit fairly natural into my pre-shot routine.  The belt clip is small and light, no worries about it effecting your swing.

I agree.

I also looked and followed you on the site… but didn't see your round entered yet.

I haven't messed with the online portion much with only 1 round worth of data.  I have a couple rounds scheduled this week and plan to explore the output more with a bit more data.

I recommend you import rounds as you play them, so you can more easily remember where the flag was, how many putts you had, whether you were in the fairway or the rough, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Are they in the bottom of your bag? Or they fell out after your shot, somehow? I occasionally check to make sure mine are still "tight" and one or two have required a half or quarter turn, but I haven't lost any. @mvmac lost one of his.

I had the same thought... emptied the bag, flipped upside down, nothing to be found.  The 3rd tag I found 1 or 2 feet in front of me, which leads me to believe they came off during the shot.

I also looked and followed you on the site… but didn't see your round entered yet.

I recommend you import rounds as you play them, so you can more easily remember where the flag was, how many putts you had, whether you were in the fairway or the rough, etc.

I have imported & edited, but haven't signed it yet.  I turned my card into the league and waiting for them to post on their site.  I want to double check what I remembered vs what I turned in, since I had to add a few shots due to lost tags.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour

So from those who have used this system. Is this something you foresee using in the long term? I saw Erik using his on the course Sunday and it was pretty seamless. Most of the time I didn't even notice him using it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I just need to worry about getting the ball in the fairway and make more putts.  My issues on the course are pretty easy to figure out.  I can see this being a great tool though for those who play often and have good games and just need that extra info to help them work on weak spots they may not be aware of.  That said, I am a sucker for cool tech and will probably get one. :-)

• Administrator
I just need to worry about getting the ball in the fairway and make more putts.  My issues on the course are pretty easy to figure out.  I can see this being a great tool though for those who play often and have good games and just need that extra info to help them work on weak spots they may not be aware of.  That said, I am a sucker for cool tech and will probably get one. :-)

You are probably a better putter than you realize. Buy a copy of Lowest Score Wins.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So from those who have used this system. Is this something you foresee using in the long term? I saw Erik using his on the course Sunday and it was pretty seamless. Most of the time I didn't even notice him using it.

I will use it for quite sometime because of its ease of use.  There is almost zero setup besides putting the tags on your clubs and register for an account.  The rest is turn it on and play.  From there you have collected the data and can dissect or delete to your hearts desire.

Bryan

• Administrator

I will use it for quite sometime because of its ease of use.  There is almost zero setup besides putting the tags on your clubs and register for an account.  The rest is turn it on and play.  From there you have collected the data and can dissect or delete to your hearts desire.

Ditto here as well. If you leave it plugged in after you import your round for an hour, it's fully charged.

Does anyone know how close they are to a second generation with this thing? I see the price is down to a more reasonable $199 on Amazon in the past week from the $230 range, but golf season is winding down in the northeast, so it might be prudent to wait on it until next year, since it seems like it has a lot of potential as a product to grow into more features. I was wondering if people had heard anything on this front.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

So does this really have a chance to make anybody better or is just a gimmicky way to track stats? I know it might be slightly more convenient than a phone app but I don't find it very hard to click on a couple of buttons on my phone when I get in the cart. As far as club tracking it doesn't seem like it would work too well. For instance when I am 100 yards away I choke down on a PW and shorten my swing, doesn't mean I hit my PW 100 yards. Also what if you chunk or thin a shot? Obviously that isn't useful to help determine a useful average of how long you hit your clubs. Also seems like it takes a lot of altering after the round.

I am just wonder because $200 is pretty steep for tracking stats versus a free phone app.

And yes this posts appears to be malformed. And no, I don't know how I did it and I don't know how to fix it. I even went to the 'support" forum and it's not there. Sorry.

James

As I said in a prior post I think it is a cool gadget that folks who play more golf than once every three months can enjoy and get something from.  Knowing your real average distances with each club and where you are dropping strokes can really help your game, but I think most of us who play enough know what are weaknesses are and where we are dropping shots.  I can see it being a great teaching tool for pros to use with their students.

I just think like all new tech gear, it needs to evolve a bit before making a purchase.  Second generation releases seem to be much better and are worth the wait.  Have to believe that with the success this company is having and how big names and organizations in golf have praised their product, it is going to advance as time goes on and offer a lot more than it does today.  I really want one because I am a nerd when it comes to cool tech stuff, but I think I am going to wait until next year to see how the product improves.

So does this really have a chance to make anybody better or is just a gimmicky way to track stats? I know it might be slightly more convenient than a phone app but I don't find it very hard to click on a couple of buttons on my phone when I get in the cart. As far as club tracking it doesn't seem like it would work too well. For instance when I am 100 yards away I choke down on a PW and shorten my swing, doesn't mean I hit my PW 100 yards. Also what if you chunk or thin a shot? Obviously that isn't useful to help determine a useful average of how long you hit your clubs. Also seems like it takes a lot of altering after the round.

Mark Crossfield released his review on GameGolf just yesterday, should answer most your questions. And yes, as covered in this thread there's no doubt it will help the average golfer if not scratch golfers. You can see where your misses are consistently and you get to dissect your game. It's a lot more stats and details compared to your phone app I can assure you.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

As I said in a prior post I think it is a cool gadget that folks who play more golf than once every three months can enjoy and get something from.  Knowing your real average distances with each club and where you are dropping strokes can really help your game, but I think most of us who play enough know what are weaknesses are and where we are dropping shots.  I can see it being a great teaching tool for pros to use with their students.

I just think like all new tech gear, it needs to evolve a bit before making a purchase.  Second generation releases seem to be much better and are worth the wait.  Have to believe that with the success this company is having and how big names and organizations in golf have praised their product, it is going to advance as time goes on and offer a lot more than it does today.  I really want one because I am a nerd when it comes to cool tech stuff, but I think I am going to wait until next year to see how the product improves.

That sums up my thinking exactly. It's the fact that with a first-gen product like this we don't have an established timeline for what their upgrade cycle will look like that make me curious of whether that improvement is worth waiting for because it's around the corner vs. a year and half away. I wish it were a Taylormade product, so that we'd already be on the 3rd generation.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice