IGNORED

2014 BMW Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So … uh … I waited too long to get tickets for tomorrow. Long shot, but any of you other Denver folks have an extra ticket?

There were scalpers selling them at Mile High when we parked. Probably some on craigslist too.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hahahahahahaha!! Rory!!!

Wow. 4-jack from 4 feet! :bugout:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nope! Just, I miss, I miss, I miss, I make.... :~(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Sergio is a trip.....   Hey Rory, you might have touched a blade of grass when you were in that hazard...

Honestly, i try not to touch much of anything in the hazard, but i was also under the impression if you're in fescue or tall grass that yes your club can touch it in a hazard as long as you don't ground your club or move loose impediments etc..   It wouldn't be a stroke if I "touched a blade of grass" in the hazard...

Was Sergio trying to rile him up even more??

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Slugger White, the paramount Rules boss, confirmed all was OK, there was no rules violation. But apparently some spectator told Bradley otherwise, so KB withdrew from the tourney. Go figure.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/11475404/keegan-bradley-fearing-violation-pulls-bmw

It's ridiculous that Fowler doesn't have a single win this year

agreed this kid needs a W. Playing great golf now.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

It's ridiculous that Fowler doesn't have a single win this year

Agreed. I have a funny feeling, Ricky is gonna get a W when it really matters... :-D

Sergio choked on 17, poor guy can't seem to keep his head in it on Sunday when he's contending.

He chose to lay up to avoid hitting the ball into the water and left himself 85 yards to the flag.  On his approach shot he hit the ball over the green, then thinned the chip off the other side of the green into the water and 3 putt ending up with an 8. :doh: He was 2 behind when he hit the lay up, which was even questioned by his caddie.  You're two behind, why aren't you going for it?

I just hope this carries over to the Ryder Cup, we could use a few unforced errors.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
Sergio choked on 17, poor guy can't seem to keep his head in it on Sunday when he's contending.

Yeah, I just saw that on DVR delay. Pretty incredible. His second chip wasn't very good either. Just the two putt though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Bill Haas, Russell Henley, Morgan Hoffmann, Kevin Na, Geoff Ogilvy, Ryan Palmer, Patrick Reed, Cameron Tringale, and Gary Woodland secure spots into next years Masters. Stuart Appleby missed by about 15 points, as he finished 31st in the standings. That really sucks.

Riley

I was able to get a ticket last night, so I was there today . It was a lot of fun. I went to the driving range for about 45 minutes at first, and then went and stood behind the green at 10 the rest of the day. The driving range was amazing to watch. I was watching Jerry Kelly warm up and it was ridiculous. The thing that really stuck with me is that he took what I think was a 5 iron and proceeded to put about 20 shots within 50 feet of each other, at least 200 yards down the range. He's an average PGA tour guy and he's able to do that. It's incredible. My best shots with a 5 iron would be as good as his only okay shots. It's pretty humbling to see the huge gap between me and them. Not that I ever thought I had a chance at being a PGA tour player as I'm not that delusional, but it's still pretty incredible.

The 10th green was also really cool. They had maybe 15 feet to aim at to have a birdie chance on the hole, and about 1 of every 5 players hit it. Further left was death in the bunker, and I think only 5 players hit it in the bunker all day. Only saw 2 three jacks, even though probably half of the players that had a long putt left it 3-7 feet away. Nobody missed the green away from the hole, and only one player (Woodland) missed it long. Really incredible seeing all of that.

Final thought - I wasn't really surprised by this - is that the players are pretty average sized. A lot of them are pretty small. Only Els and Woodland really stood out as being large men. And Cabrera, but he's just a little chubby, haha.

Really cool. Glad I went.

Edit: thought of one thing you'll would be interested to know. The best putt of the day on 10 was from Charles Howell III. And he seemed to be using aim point.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Yeah, I just saw that on DVR delay. Pretty incredible. His second chip wasn't very good either.

Just the two putt though.

Thanks for the correction, I couldn't remember if it was 2 or 3 and adding up the shots I forgot the penalty.

I actually felt bad for Sergio because he is trying so hard to win on Sunday and he just doesn't seem to know how.  The layup was safe given he had a similar shot on Saturday that he put in the water but at two behind with only two holes to go, you have to be thinking eagle or at least birdie in order to put some pressure on the leader and have a shot at winning.   That island green was small, it must have looked really small to Sergio.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!