IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1517378

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1517851

Shot a combined 102 from the blues (6008 yds, 70.4/129). This can be a tough course and many players who are better than I am play from the shorter set.

Was finally able to hit some GIR along with a few nGIR's. Unfortunately, there were not enough good shotsΒ to overcome the mistakes.

Confidence was like a roller coaster. I went from feeling everything was ok, toΒ asking myself whyΒ I even bother, and then back to feeling like I could hit every green from inside 170 yds.Β Β 

Had some blowup holes and my chipping was really poor. Iron play was better than usual. Was able to continue improved contact from yesterday only with a tighter left/rightΒ dispersion today. Putting felt better - again, but stats didn't back that up - again. Maybe I should stop counting putts from off the green.Β 

Weather was absolutely perfect for walking a course this morning. I let a single in a cart play through on the 4th holeΒ and never ran into anyone after that. Course was still a bit soggy but the greens were great.

Edited by JonMA1

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Confidence was like a roller coaster

IMG_0490.PNG

Seems like I see a middle finger gesture in that roller coaster!?!Β :beer:

• Upvote 2

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Just now, RandallT said:

IMG_0490.PNG

Seems like I see a middle finger gesture in that roller coaster!?!Β :beer:

Lol. That would be the Golf Gods telling me "Not today, friend".

Jon

1 minute ago, JonMA1 said:

Lol. That would be the Golf Gods telling me "Not today, friend".

Hey you got the last word with 3 straight pars though. Nice finish, and I was thinking it was a poetic way to follow your flipping off the golf gods.

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

They're a sadistic bunch. One of them probably said "hey, I know what we can do to this #%@*er... let's give 'em three pars on the last three holes. That way he'll come back next week thinking he's got a chance. ThisΒ never gets old!"

• Upvote 1

Jon

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1529617

This is the kind of round that makes people who play with me hate me. ;-)

Hole 1: Driver pretty good, 4I a bit thin to the back of the green, two putts.

Hole 2: 7I just went nowhere (wind?), chip was a groove thin and skittered past the hole, make a 15-footer.

Hole 3: Good drive, toe-chunked a hybrid, short with a LW (too lazy to get a different club, wind again?), two putts from the fringe.

Hole 4: Heel cut a hybrid that hits the road. Barely clear the hazard. Two putts, nearly making the first.

Hole 5: Push a 3W, short with a wedge, long putt that I tap in for par.

Hole 6: Good 6I, easy two putts.

Hole 7: Into the wind again? Good drive but not super long. Good hybrid. Flighted wedge didn't roll out, two putts.

Hole 8: Push driver not far, thinned 5I gets through wind, two putts.

Hole 9: Weak driver right, pulled 6I, good two putts from long range.

Hole 10: Heel cut the crap out of a driver, surprised it got as far as it did. Bad lie, but advanced a 3W to nGIR. Pitched to two feet, tap-in.

Hole 11: Slightly thin 6I (was trying to chip it out there, downhill slightly), good two-putt.

Hole 12: Really good drive. Good high cut hybrid from 235 off a steep downslope. Two putt birdie.

So… 11 pars and a two-putt birdie, and… five good shots (excluding some good putts from long range).

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randallt/round/1534987

Game Golf says "not too shabby" but I think they say that to all the golfers.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 6.27.35 PM.png

Started out feeling pretty good, despite pulling the 2nd tee shot. Parred 3 of the first 5 holes, and was pretty confident I could keep that rolling.Β Felt good over each shot, and executed playable shots for the most part.Β 

On 6 Β through 9, I was just starting my downslide in retrospect- missing greens in regulation that I had good chances to make- settling for easy bogeys.

As I got into the back nine, the body started to flag. I had more and more difficulty getting the energy for a good centered hip turn, and driving my hips around. Without that, I felt like I was just trying to slap the ball around- which I was for the most part. Β Snuck in a couple of pars there which gave me hope I could hang on to the end. But 16 through 18, I was done.

I'll work on the fatigue, and that should let me play better down the stretch. No lost balls though! Played one provisional, but didn't need it.Β 

My Swing

38 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Game Golf says "not too shabby" but I think they say that to all the golfers.

Unfortunately, no, I posted my first round in GG last Friday andΒ got an, "It's tough out there..."Β :-(

My latest round:Β http://www.gamegolf.com/player/roamin/round/1527303

Driver and irons were working well, but I blew up the score with some horrible short-game shenanigans on 2 and 15. Recovered (mentally) with a Mickleson-esque 3-iron between the tops of two trees on 16 and scrambled for par. Bogeyed the par 3 17th with (another) 6-iron that went 20 yards to far (it's happening more often, which is exciting, yet scary), but came back with a perfect drive, screwy 3W, and perfect ~110yd PW and 2-putt to end the round with a tap-in par.

Now if I can just remember to tag all of my putts on the course so I don't have to try and remember them after the round.Β :-P

Β 

• Upvote 1

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My SwingΒ | Course VlogsΒ | Favorite PostΒ |Β Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

Hey @RandallT,

You hit a nice 244 yd putter off the tee on #4. GreatΒ shot!Β ;-)

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

1 minute ago, coachjimsc said:

Hey @RandallT,

You hit a nice 244 yd putter off the tee on #4. GreatΒ shot!Β ;-)

Yah, it broke right to left, not left to right like I felt with my feet.

(wow, I'll fix that! Thanks!Β :beer:)

• Upvote 1

My Swing

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1539658

The blocks came back, with a vengeance! Conditions were terrible due to storms, but I was hacking it out there, not gonna lie. Took me 15 holes to realize what I was doing wrong with my pitches (too wristy, as usual) and I'm still not sure where I left my full swing. Maybe it left early for VA? At least I hope so and I got this round out of my system before next week.

I was hitting cuts with my irons, mixed in with the occasional fat shot and one or two shanks. Tried to slow everything down at one point and focus on making good contact and ended up hitting some big pulls. Completely lost. Frustrating round.

On the bright side, my pitching was pretty good once I remembered my technique (hinge and hold, emphasis on "my"), and I hit my start lines much better after modifying my putter earlier this week. Speed still needs work.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1539951

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1540616

Wasn't terribly disappointed with the round. Breaking 100 on this course and from these tees is difficult for me. With the exception of my irons, I felt I played close to my abilities today.

Driving accuracy, short game and putting were at an acceptable level.

Not sure what exactly was going on with my full swing irons,Β but it affected keys 4 and 5. I was hitting a lot of fades so controlling approach shots was a challenge. I also am not getting the distance I was last year. New driver may have something to do with it, or I'm just slowing down.

Hit a fewΒ trees with driver andΒ irons, but only lost 2 balls. The second 9 was going well until I hooked a drive for a penalty on the last hole.

Strategy wise, I followed LSW and just played to my skill level.

Anyway, it was good to get out and exercise.Β I felt encouraged by the consistent play,Β even if there weren't a lot of GIR's or pars.

Jon

Maybe I just never noticed cause it was Winter, but after playing my first 2 rounds of the Summer, I really like the new Insights page that shows the diamond shape of your shots landing. Really nice and quick summary.

Β 

Β 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1556016

39 last night in league play. Did not hit it great. Scrapped it around. Putted okay.

Like the new look of the InsightΒ page...

5317.thumb.JPG.797ee730c3d4b9f015d933c0c86eb898.JPG

Β 

Jim Morgan

DK_May5_Stats.png

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ncgolfer101/round/1560573

Played a fast 18 today. Β Very breezy and extremely wet. Β Lots of casual water and mud all over the place. Β Because of that I played up one set of tees...plusΒ I have a tournament on Monday that will be at similar length out at Sedgefield where they play the Wyndham PGA tournament in Greensboro.

First round under par* this year. Β The asteriskΒ is because the greens were just punched and putting was a bit iffy. Β I putted everything out but there were a couple 3 footers that I gave myself. Β The driver was a bit iffy but I worked it out on the range...still working on a few swing changes that are difficult but good when I have it working. Β Irons were mostly solid.

Best shot of the day was nearly acing #12. Β Hit a wedge from 139 (downwind) and hit the bottom of the flagstick (ball mark is above and left of the stick below...i think you can see the ball mark on the stick about a foot up.)Β  The ball bounced about 9 feet away but I made the putt. Β Would have been ace #3.

IMG_6676.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave
Β 

Nice roundΒ there partner!Β :beer:

Also well done not going to low...us "old guys" still need some strokes from those "flat belly's'.Β ;-)

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

14 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Nice roundΒ there partner!Β :beer:

Also well done not going to low...us "old guys" still need some strokes from those "flat belly's'.Β ;-)

Thanks Jim. Β I'm going to hold back a bit and make sure I get a few strokes from the West team. Β Limp in like Yoda about to go postal on Count Dooku. Β ;-)

Fairways and Greens.

Dave
Β 

DecentΒ round today in the wind at Stoneleigh Golf & CC...shot a 91, with three triple bogies (including one ESC hole)Β :-O.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/1567166

The good:Β a nice birdie on #4:

8.JPG

Tough green to hit, at least a club uphill, in the wind...and sank the putt even with @iacasΒ and @RandallTΒ trying to mess with my head!

The bad: toe shank OB on #7, resulting in a triple even though I played it OK the rest of the way,Β making bogey with my second ball.

The ugly: two drives OB on #15, resulting in an ESC pickup.

Β 

Β 

- John

Note:Β This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!