IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Stop posting (scores to GHIN). :-)

I wasn't allowed on that one because it was solo.  The tourney round counted though...+2.4.  Ouch!  

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, NCGolfer said:

In the wise words of Lou Brown, it's starting to come together Pepper

One of my all time favorite quotes. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Finally broke 90 today:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/1762353

I did it in a round where I didn't hit the ball particularly well.  Five of my drives were weak high push-slices; I just wasn't getting the face squared up.  I had a few mishit irons, and a few three-putts.  I missed an 18" putt (!) for an 88.

I avoided any hazards or big mistakes, though...I was getting the ball up near the greens in regulation, and I was pitching the ball well on those short greenside shots.

My best hole - almost drove the green on a short, uphill par-4, and got up and down for birdie:

Capture.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

- John

19 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

One of my all time favorite quotes. 

As a Cleveland sports fan, that movie struck a chord.  Lou Brown has some great one liners in that movie.  

You may run like Mays but you hit like shit.

• Like 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1762494

Played a round with Natalie at Kahkwa in advance of her event there on Tuesday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1763882

Need to get the game off the tee sorted. It's all hand-path related but the weak fades are killing me before I can start. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1768665

Much better today and came very close to going round in level par. Frustratingly, I needed the a birdie on the 9th hole and came really close to driving the green - the ball pitched in the top of the upslope and rolled down into a nasty lie - actually did well to make the four. The work on the full swing is making a huge difference; contact was excellent today and nothing more than a 10 yard fade with the driver - the wind really buffeted the drive leading to the bogey on 2. Additionally, the time I'm putting in with the wedge game around the green is making an impact and I'm starting to visualise the different trajectories and landing spots much better. 

I plan to play this course more often to get used to going low - I'm not great at it on the full course and whilst this one is tighter in places, it suits my game more.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

On 9/8/2014 at 0:49 PM, Golfingdad said:

The biggest highlight was the 7th hole because it was one of those rare times when you feel like a pro.  Every shot went exactly as envisioned.  My best drive of the day, right down the center of the fairway, followed by a sand wedge from about 110.  The green slopes back to front and I was playing a B330S, which was checking up a lot, so I made it a point to hit that SW as hard as I could.  Pitch mark was 6 yards beyond the hole, ball ended up 6 yards short of the hole.  From about 25', uphill and with 12" of break to the left, I hit it perfectly and it died into the side of the hole on its last half revolution.

Don't those shots just give you such an adrenaline boost? I know golf isn't "intense" like other sports but it's hard not to feel like you're riding clouds when your shots are so perfect. Great job!

image.thumb.png.027a555f435ba71fe0af298baf5fb60d.png

Had a satisfactory round today. Was able to make some GIRs and a few up and downs. I am still struggling with slicing my driver and am only using it on wide fairways. I also noticed I was hitting my irons with an open club face that destroyed my accuracy. Still, I was able to recover most of my bad shots and was only 4 shots from my personal 9-hole best!

47 + 39 = 86.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1770455

My last regulation round prior to the club championship.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1775264

70 at a course on a scouting trip that @NatalieB hopes to play in Regionals for her first year of high school golf.

Tiny greens, but when I wasn't hitting the G400 out of the heel, it was going FAR. Had 100 yards into almost every par four it felt like.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

First round of 2017 club championship.  I have to do a lot better tomorrow if I plan to play Sunday. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1775253

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1776541

I think I finally kicked the overdraw (famous last words). Played primarily a fade today, with only a couple of misses left. Two were badly pulled on the first hole which I'm ignoring as anomalies. The others seemed like just face or alignment errors (one came after I pushed a ball hard right and took S&D, so over-corrected). I also firmed up my left hand grip after that push with the intention of stabilizing the wrist at A4 and it seemed to work; last 3 holes I was hitting the ball on a string.

Not a perfect ballstriking day but overall I am pleased. I really liked the feeling of confidence I have knowing that I was only missing in one direction, and my good shots weren't curving much. Could have scored a lot better, too, if I didn't put myself in some gnarly lies and behind (or directly underneath) trees. Short game wasn't the greatest today and I left myself too far from the hole most of the day for easy 1-putts.

G400 is awesome. I also put my old 50° Wilson PW back in to replace my Cleveland 52° GW when I noticed the data from Game Golf showed the Wilson filled the exact yardage gap I needed filled. Used it a bunch today and hit it a couple of times to a yardage I wasn't really hitting with the Cleveland. Not really sure why I swapped them to begin with but I think this time it's staying.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I think I need to re-read LSW:

Capture.JPG

No part of my driver shot zone is in the fairway on that line (the rough slopes severely back to the water, so it was almost all carry).  I had just made a 9 (!) on the last hole, so I didn't really give a crap about strategy and I just fired at the bunker.

My worst decision of the day turned into my best drive of the day.

- John

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:

My worst decision of the day turned into my best drive of the day.

Small sample sizes. :-)

• Upvote 1

Round two of the club championship.  I missed the cut so there won't be a third one this year.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1778141

-- Michael | My swing! 

4 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Nice job on the short game and putting.

Thanks.  The big strokes lost was holes 6 and 17;  hole 6, bunker in two but hit it so poorly out it was unplayable *and then* I stubbed a chip.  Hole 17, I hooked my approach shot super badly and ended up in the [redacted] -- literally, that's what I think was over there.  First pitch hit a guard railing near a sewer line and bounced back.  Second pitch hit a tree, third was on the green.  Give me those two holes to play again and I bet I make the cut.  But I'm sure others in the contest have 1-2 holes they would like to try again too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Had my best 9 hole par 29 today. It's only my 5th game played.  41.  Had to use my nasty driver twice today and I was more surprised than anyone, it went where I wanted it to. Now my putting needs work, which drew me down....  

It was a good day

Edited by swffjvl
  • Upvote 1

Cobra Max Irons......Cobra F7 Hybrid..... 

A cheap Wedge and Driver I picked up online....

A bunch of Balls.... and a bag for it all.

Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!