IGNORED

Stacy Lewis Tops Her 3-wood (2014 Evian Championship)

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 3488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry Stacy Lewis, but this makes me feel really good. I hit a perfect drive on a par 5 last weekend and had an "easy" 3 wood shot to a nice big green. I was so excited....

...topped it :mad:

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Is it just me, or does the ball move forward at 14 sec in. When she places her club behind the ball, it looks like it moves to me. It might just be quality of the video.

Looks like it does, but also looks like it returns back to its original position...just an oscillation.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it just me, or does the ball move forward at 14 sec in. When she places her club behind the ball, it looks like it moves to me. It might just be quality of the video.

Nah, it's just the camera moving slightly while she sets the club down. Ball doesn't look like it moves.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I recall a lady's match a while back, but don't remember which one of who did this.  One golfer overshot the green and her ball landed in the tall grass on the far side.  She finds the ball, but it is too tall to hit out of.  She takes a penalty and drops outside the grass.  Her next shot she flops and lands right back in the same grass.

For some reason, I've seen quite a few shanks at the US Open local/regional qualifying, in person, over the years. At the range, from a perfect lie, from crap lies. And a sprinkling of tops.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

For some reason, I've seen quite a few shanks at the US Open local/regional qualifying, in person, over the years. At the range, from a perfect lie, from crap lies. And a sprinkling of tops.

Let's not forget Steve Stricker last year in the final round!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Damnnnnnnnn, golf is hard.

Is not. I hit a shank just yesterday. It was so easy I didn't even try hitting it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Is not. I hit a shank just yesterday. It was so easy I didn't even try hitting it.

It's even harder when you shank one, the next hole is a par 3 and the next tee after yours is 45 degrees to your right, right in your shank traj (Tiger Woods speak), you want to tell the tee box folks, hey, I just shanked one, this is a pre-emptive fore.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I shanked two Sunday (in a row), topped my 3 wood twice, a 6 iron and my 3 iron yesterday. Golf is hard. At least I know why I have been doing it...after that I played an extra 9 at 1 over par. I am not sure which is worse the "topper" or the "shank". Probably the shank because it usually costs you a penalty stroke.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Some pros are at least good enough to give themselves a good lie after a shank.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's not forget Steve Stricker last year in the final round!

One of the reasons I don't carry a fairway wood.

LOL. And the above shot is the reason I would never be without a fairway wood. If worse comes to worse (and it has before) I can play every shot with a fairway wood (and I have before).

Green-side bunker?

Never got in one when I resorted to that. Mainly because the club I belonged to had no greenside bunkers and the course where I work now has no greenside bunkers.

Since probably over 95% of the golf I've played has been on those two courses I haven't had very many bunker shots anyway.

Funny thing is that when I do have had them I'm very lucky at hitting decent shots out of them considering I don't get any practice at it. Better to be lucky than good. ;-)

Edit: Which reminds me that I have a bunker shot I meant to post in the "Best shot" thread.

Note: This thread is 3488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!