IGNORED

What's Your Internet Speed?

iacas

Your Internet Speed  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your Internet Speed?

• It is not good.
    • It's acceptable.
    • It's great.

• Administrator

Log in to speedtest.net or any other reliable speed testing site, and post your results here.

I have cable Internet through Time-Warner. From where it comes into the house down in my basement, I have a few AirPort base stations and a Time Capsule on the network, to the second floor of my house where my computer sits.

Here's what I got a few minutes ago:

I'm pretty happy with that. I can download reasonably large files fairly quickly, and uploads work pretty well too. I have three or four computers backing up via CrashPlan too, so upload speed is somewhat important too.

The test station was across Lake Erie in Ontario.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is from my family home in Mass.. I can't wait to post my numbers from my house in KSA..  I'm sure it will not come anywhere close to this.. *this is like lightning speed.. faster than 89% of USA.. They have it good.. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/105955/] [/URL]

D@mn you. :-) Not me, but my parents'.

I voted acceptable. I live out in the desert with the nearest provider some 30+ miles a way via phone land line

Ping--29 ms, DL--6.30 Mbps, and UL--0.76 Mbps

Yeah it's slow, but adequate. I tried DISH satellite service for a while, but it was not worth the price. It was not consistent enough. I pay $30 a month for this service which also includes my regular phone bill.  It runs my ROKU, and Magic Jack set ups easily.

I'm at work. It actually seems lower than it ought to be. I think the bottleneck is somewhere else down the line.

those numbers are out of this world.. didn't think something like this existed at home or at work..  What do you do, work for the NSA or DHS? :bugout:

those numbers are out of this world.. didn't think something like this existed at home or at work..  What do you do, work for the NSA or DHS?  :bugout:

Well, I do work for the government. We are also a member of the Internet2 consortium, so we have 10 gigabit connections to other members (research universities, government research labs and industry sites).

I'm at work. It actually seems lower than it ought to be. I think the bottleneck is somewhere else down the line.

Just... wow...

Go around the world, in Europe and Asia, Africa, comparatively, our residential broadband speeds are pretty bad. Most of the world pay less and get faster speeds than we do.Thanks AT&T;, Verizon, etc...

This is a good read:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Switch-Information-Empires-Vintage/dp/0307390993/ref=la_B003A51ISA_1_1/186-8159927-2888735?s=books&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1410883092&sr;=1-1

1 ms?

Spoiler Alert: The server is in his basement. lol

I pay for 15, and live in the sticks with a relatively "small" cable company...I'm happy with it. Much better than TWC service I used to have...they're the devil.

• iacas changed the title to What's Your Internet Speed?