IGNORED

Guy told me to go " F" myself at the driving range last weekend.

madolive3
Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The guy should have either said something before you dropped your bucket, or put something there, and certainly should have apologized for allowing you to dump the balls, he also should have kept his mouth shut after your words, he screwed up, and besides, saving stalls is not really allowed, so you were being kind.

But you also were wrong for making the situation worse than it had to be, no need to get so upset over moving stalls.

+1.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently you both were not in your greatest day.

maybe he doesn't like jesus christ or something.

anyway, nothing physical happened.

how was his wife ?

My guess is "don't care" to "amused."

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I walked up to about 6 inches from him looked into his terrified eyes and said f you and walked away,

So....who was the aggressor here?

And do you seriously think that muttering something "to yourself" is nothing to do with him?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Weird thread. Honestly I wouldn't even react to something like that. But I don't get the stall saving thing either. Just bad form and typical modern world entitlement. On a busy range I've shared a stall with playing partners. It's not a camping space and I don't need to hit more than a few balls if any at all. If no stalls are available there is usually an open spot near the ropes or whatever.

Dave :-)

I've never run into the stall saving thing up here. We pick a stall and hit. If a spouse is going to hit balls and has to be separated by a stall it's no big deal. I mean, what's the big deal? You're hitting golf balls. I don't get this crap. But if you're going to save a stall put something in the stall like a couple of clubs and a bucket with some balls in it. That tells someone that the person is probably taking a short break and the stall is occupied. Let it go. I mean who really cares. This isn't like staking out a claim. It isn't territory.

Emotions are great for sports like basketball, volleyball, hockey, and soccer. Golf will absolutely punish you for them.

This is a weird thread.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

It's a male territorial behavior.  I am sure the wife was quite amused by it.  ( My wife doesn't care what stall she ends up using.  Her reaction would have been, 1) why did you have to save one for me?, and 2) you said what?  Are you nuts?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

The guy should have either said something before you dropped your bucket, or put something there, and certainly should have apologized for allowing you to dump the balls, he also should have kept his mouth shut after your words, he screwed up, and besides, saving stalls is not really allowed, so you were being kind.

yeah but imagine he smeels bad or something. :-P Maybe the guy could'nt really know before ?

anyway was the wife good looking at least ?

Weird thread. Honestly I wouldn't even react to something like that. But I don't get the stall saving thing either. Just bad form and typical modern world entitlement. On a busy range I've shared a stall with playing partners. It's not a camping space and I don't need to hit more than a few balls if any at all. If no stalls are available there is usually an open spot near the ropes or whatever.

At the one TST outing I ever went to - in SoCal about a year ago - before the round, guys were sharing stalls all over the place.

On the practice range, too.

:whistle:

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Quote:

Originally Posted by madolive3

Childish? a good way to get decked? Ok, where's the childish comment about the jerk off who told me to go f myself?

You afraid to get Decked? That's what I was giving him his chance to do.

Where I come from, getting decked is preferable to letting some punk insult you. Win or lose is secondary.

You say it's a good way to get decked, but judging by your post I doubt you would deck somebody.

I don't even know what to say.  I honestly cannot imagine a circumstance under which I would get into a fight at a driving range.  Someone says something rude to you and you think that means you should fight them?  Seriously?

If this is really how you think you need to grow up.  Seriously.  If you're willing to "deck" or be "decked" because someone threw an f-bomb at you, you should re-examine your life in a profound way.

Here's how this one went down:

Guy A: Makes a mistake not blocking the stall or noticing earlier that someone else was going to use it.

Guy B: Escalates the situation unnecessarily.

Guy A: Escalates the situation unnecessarily.

Guy B: Escalates the situation unnecessarily.

Any of those could have been avoided. But of the "unnecessary escalations" you're guilty of two of them. The first isn't that bad, but the third is worse than the second.

Bingo.

This reminds me of a complete unrelated and equally uncomfortable topic......................while on a family vacation at WDW of all places!!!  I am with my wife and 2 small children.......

This was 10yrs ago so the exact memories are fuzzy....what I remember best is the extremely awkward moment!!!   It's lunchtime at WDW. it's peak summer,  and everybody is hot and bothered.  My family waits in A LONG line to order lunch at a counter-service restaurant inside the park.    When we finally proceed to the seating area, a full 1/3 of the seats are empty with a single person  "saving a table" as their family waits in line to order.   I am thinking to myself...this is BS because we were here first....and we have our food!!!

I finally find an empty table for 4.........we take it, but it has 2 chairs.  The table next to us clearly has taken them, but it's being "SAVED" by a person as their family waits in line for food orders.    The lady saving the table said these chairs were being saved, but I took them anyway.     I as politely as I could muster.....told her we were obviously here first because we have our food and you don't, and you clearly took 2 chairs from this table and apologized for inconveniencing her....but I was taking those 2 chairs!!  This is at WDW of all places...LOL   I made eye contact with the hubby once he came back, but nothing else was ever said........

I was hot and bothered....and I wanted my family to be able to sit down and eat!!   This was the most awkward moment ever at WDW!! LOL...it's my fault!!

I've seen a similar thing.  Guy walks into a busy fast food restaurant.  We're already in line.  He "claims" the last available table by throwing his hat on it, then gets on the end of the line.  So while he waits in line, people in front of him don't have a seat.  I brought the hat to him and said "i think you left this on that table" and he said he was saving it.  I said "so you walk into a packed restaurant, and reserve a seat so that none of the people here before you can sit while you stand on line? I don't think so."  My wife was really embarrassed, but I still think I was justified.

Oddly, he didn't get within 6 inches of my face and tell me to f' off.  We had a disagreement and both of us made it out without physical harm.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I think there are a lot of Tuesday Morning QB's here.  Who am I to judge. It's an interesting story, that fortunately had little consequence.  Ease up people.  Life's too short and many of you are closet hypocrites because we ALL have put ourselves in stupid situations because we acted on emotion instead of common sense.  Be thankful that all of us could walk away to see another day and give thanks instead of spread negativity and spite for someone sharing his life with us on a great forum.

Be thankful that he learned a life lesson no matter how old or young.

I think there are a lot of Tuesday Morning QB's here.  Who am I to judge. It's an interesting story, that fortunately had little consequence.  Ease up people.  Life's too short and many of you are closet hypocrites because we ALL have put ourselves in stupid situations because we acted on emotion instead of common sense.  Be thankful that all of us could walk away to see another day and give thanks instead of spread negativity and spite for someone sharing his life with us on a great forum.

Be thankful that he learned a life lesson no matter how old or young.

What makes you think he learned his lesson?  He's come on here complaining about the other guy and calling out people who he doesn't think are willing to "get decked."

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

It takes two to tango but I think the guy who was saving the stall drew the first blood.  No way muttering Jesus while getting ready to oblige him should trigger a F yourself comment.  He was being a bully.   But I don't condone getting within 6 inches of the guy's face and say F U.  That could have easily started a physical altercation.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Thread backfire

What the OP expected:

"Bro, you're such a badass...way to go!"

"Can you sign my Affliction shirt?

What actually happened:

"Grow up"

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

It's like HS but, if the guy said that to me, regardless of what I "muttered" to myself, I would have just stayed there and started to hit balls.

Then it would be up to the other guy to start something physical to try to get me off OR apologize, which would defuse the entire matter. If nothing happened, I'd just continue to hit balls UNTIL his wife showed up (if she EVER showed up) and THEN I'd offer to let her take the spot saying something to her like:

"Oh, your husband said you might be dropping by, let me get out of your way so that you can play together."  Which would REALLY piss the guy off because it would make me look like such a REALLY nice guy to his wife.  LOL!!!!

Callaway FT9 Driver (10N)
Jones/Ortiz 3W(13), 4W (17) & 5W (19)
Jones/Ortiz  3H (21) 4H (25) & 5H (30)
Titleist DCI Gold - 3-PW (21-48)
Titleist Vokey PW (48-6), GW (52-8), SW (56-10) & LW (60-4)
Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf) #309 Putter

Thread backfire

What the OP expected:

"Bro, you're such a badass...way to go!"

"Can you sign my Affliction shirt?

What actually happened:

"Grow up"

:dance:

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!