IGNORED

Best balls on a tight budget?

Note: This thread is 3130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody know any good deals on bridgestone e6 balls? Looking to buy a bunch but would love a nice discount.

If you don't mind last years model you can buy 6 dozen for around $90 on eBay

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you don't mind last years model you can buy 6 dozen for around $90 on eBay

Thanks just saw some I could get 6 dozen for 72 which I might do but Golf Galaxy has Z star balls on sale for 30 bucks per dozen instead of 44 so I am considering just getting like 3 dozen of those for now. Decisions decisions

Just bought 4 dozen srizon z star xv balls+2 day shipping for 100 bucks exact lol, had a 30 dollar reward thing to golf galaxy and if you use the code GG5OFF you get 5 percent off. 48 tour balls for less then 2 bucks a ball! (paid 10 dollars for shipping so 90/48).

• 2 weeks later...

E7's are always a solid choice

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

i use srixon tri speed tour. 35 for two dozen at dicks. they perform well around the green and feel like quality with the irons and driver

My clubs-

Driver- Cleveland XL270 

3 wood- Cleveland XL270 HL 3 wood

hybrid and irons-Cleveland Mashie 3 hybrid 

Adams a4r 4 hybrid-gw

wedges- a4r pw, gw, snakeyes 

Callaway x-series jaws 56 Degree, 60 Degree

putter- Oddessey metal-x 

While playing on an empty course yesterday and after giving up on any kind of good score (windy, rainy and cold), I ended up picking up a "few" golf balls in the woods and ravines at my course. I ended up with 40+ including 12 or so Titleists. That was just the low hanging fruit. I left a bunch out there.

I don't know much about which balls are best for a high capper like myself. There are some that seem better than others, but I've never done any sort of real research. I'll use the ProV's as practice balls to hit into the field. I think they are probably the most common balls I find.

Jon

I almost never buy new balls.  I find them on the course, buy them at a pawn shop type of place a few towns away that sells them for .25 a piece (except $1 for ProV1s), or get them from the $.50 bin at my course if I get there the right day.

I get a kick out of the pawn shop place because the guy is quick to sternly tell you that the ProV1s are a dollar...the best deal you'll ever find for them...but then I walk out with dozen Z-stars or Pentas for a quarter each....ok whatever, dude.

Then at my course they put the shiny Top-Flights, Pinnacles, etc. in the $1 bin, but the tour balls with slightly darker covers go in the $.50 bin.  If you get there the day they fill the bin you can get 20 brand new looking tour balls, but if you miss out, you might find one or two.

The thing you have to watch out for is balls that have been sitting in a pond over the winter.  I check for the newer looking ones and leave the ones that have scuffs or paint chipped off of them.  ProV1s especially have covers that chip easily, showing the yellow under-layer...I think this shows the ones that have sat under water too long.

I just can't see spending $20 or more for a dozen balls...they are so easy to find on the course or in a used bin...especially the ones where the seller doesn't know the difference between them.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd pass this news along to those of you looking for a quality golf ball at a low price. I just left Dick's Sporting Goods after buying two boxes (2 doz) Top Flite Gamers for the sale price of $30. Plus a box of 15 Pinnacle Golds to try for $15.95

[SIZE=16px]Thought I'd pass this news along to those of you looking for a quality golf ball at a low price. I just left Dick's Sporting Goods after buying two boxes (2 doz) Top Flite Gamers for the sale price of $30. Plus a box of 15 Pinnacle Golds to try for $15.95[/SIZE]

Good looking out.

Colin P.

Wilson Duo can usually find 2 dozen for $30. I like them better than the e6.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

Ball deals:

Callaway HX Diablo Tour - 2 dozen for $35 at Dicks

Top Flight Gamer - 2 for $30 at Golf Galaxy (possibly Dicks also)

Birdgestone e6 (2013 Model) - $17 per dozen - www.tgw.com

Bridgestone e7 (2013 Model) - $17 per dozen - www.tgw.com
Precept Laddie X - Double Dozen Pack - $20 - www.tgw.com

Callaway X2 Hot (slower swing speeds) - $18 per dozen - http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/

-----------------------------------------------------
In my Callaway Stand bag:

Callaway x460 10 degree - graphite stiff flex
Callaway Steelhead III 3W, 5W - graphite firm flex
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*), 4 (22*), 5 (25*) - graphite stiff flex
Maltby KE4 Tour Irons 6-PW
Maltby M-Series Forged 50*, 56*, 60* Wedges
TaylorMade Rossa Putter - 33"
------------------------------------------------------

The Maxfli Softfli at 2 dozen for $25 is a steal if you like 2 piece low compression golf balls (Supersoft, PD Soft, etc.).  IMO it is the best of the bunch and least expensive.

• 1 month later...

currently using Callaway Hex Control.  $35 for a box of 24 at Costco.

:tmade: SLDR 10.5 Driver, SLDR 3 Wood,3H & 5H,RBZ Iron's 4-PW

:vokey: 54°F-Grind 14°bounce &  58°K-grind 11° bounce
:scotty_cameron: Newport 2.5

• 4 weeks later...
I've found that Srixon AD333s and Soft Feels both play quite nicely for their price! I'm dying to try some Callaway Super Softs out. Found one on the course last time out, I may just tee it up this weekend!

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

I've found that Srixon AD333s and Soft Feels both play quite nicely for their price!

I'm dying to try some Callaway Super Softs out. Found one on the course last time out, I may just tee it up this weekend!

I tried a couple super softs but they were just too soft for me. I think they're targeted at quite slow swing speeds. BTW, just ordered 3 doz Taylormade Project (a) "practice" aka x-outs for $45 at rockbottom.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Note: This thread is 3130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!